SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303308 - 07/23/01 07:44 AM G1000-EM2000 MidiFile Playback
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
On the G1000 \ EM2000. Playing a Midi File loaded into sequencer. (I have the EM2000)
Can I temporary transpose the play back of midi file whilst leaving the Real-time keyboard not transposed.

Example... I have a Midi File loaded into the board in the key of G, but because my sheet music in key of C
I want to transpose the midi file to C without transposing the keyboard real-time parts.

In GLOBAL \ TUNE. Page 1 the MODE enables me switch to a number of options to transpose.
ie: SONG + INT.....SONG......MIDI......ALL etc:
I have tried this but changing the Transpose value knob does not appear to Transpose the midi file?
I am possibly doing the wrong thing........any help please.

Graham UK

#303309 - 07/23/01 12:48 PM Re: G1000-EM2000 MidiFile Playback
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Graham, check your email..Fran

PS: you have to save your changes in a performance, If you are in the free panel the midi song will reset to factory setting..Fran

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 07-23-2001).]

#303310 - 07/24/01 12:55 AM Re: G1000-EM2000 MidiFile Playback
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
For the benifit of others to read. I have copied below Fran's email to me.

from FRAN...The best way is to set up a Performance with the parameters you want to use when playing sequences. I set mine with the links turned off and the sounds,controlls and transpose functions to my preference. To amswer your question , from the master page[expert view screen] select F2 parameter, select F2 again Tune, now select your choice in MODE, Int is the keyboard,Song is the SMF,MIDI is any connected module, Int+song is the keyboard and Standard midi file, Int+midi is the keyboard and modules, Song+midi is SMF and module, All is keyboard ,song and modules...Fran

from GRAHAM..I have tried your instruction but had difficulty getting the loaded Midi File to transpose.......I was possibly doing something wrong?
I did however go into POST HEADER on the same page and transposing from there did the trick.

Thank you Fran....Graham UK

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online