SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303284 - 08/29/02 05:28 AM va-76
José Medeiros Offline

Loc: Azores - Portugal
Hello!
Who knows about va-76? I'm serously thinking about buying one.
Can somebody help me on my first roland choice?
Thank you.

#303285 - 08/29/02 02:38 PM Re: va-76
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
Dont own one yet.....but as soon as I have enough cash I am getting a VA7 or VA76.

I personally dont like Yamaha/Solton/Technics music styles.

The Roland VA series have over 3500 different sounds.....Yamaha etc dont even have half of that...

Also the VA series sound quality is (in my opinion) the most realistic....

Check out this interactive demo...it will take a while to load though ...but you'll be able to press all the buttons on the va7

[link]http://www.rolandmusik.de/shockwave/va-7/index.htm[/link]

#303286 - 08/29/02 02:58 PM Re: va-76
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
The VA76 isn't bad to use in the house, for live use it is not very good. I had one for about 8 months and regretted buying it. So it has 3500 sounds, only a fraction are good. The styles sound pretty dated compared to the newer keyboards out there.
If you want a 76 note Roland get a G1000 it is easier to use than a VA76, sounds just as good and is far cheaper. If you want something that will last and sounds good, try a SD1 by Solton or a Genesys. The Tyros is also fairly good. Obviously everyone has different tastes so shop before you buy - good luck.

Quote:
Originally posted by José Medeiros:
Hello!
Who knows about va-76? I'm serously thinking about buying one.
Can somebody help me on my first roland choice?
Thank you.

#303287 - 08/30/02 07:02 AM Re: va-76
José Medeiros Offline

Loc: Azores - Portugal
Thank U ROLANDAN amd EYERC.
I'll keep in touch.
JM

#303288 - 09/02/02 01:54 AM Re: va-76
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello I have a VA-7 since one month ago. It sound very well, the stiles are for me much better than Yamaha ones. It is very recommended to get a zip unit connected to PC to handle files between PC and arranger; on the other hand, the MIDI implementation is a little hard if you is use to work with a external-PC connected sequencer (Cakewalk or Cubase)

#303289 - 09/26/02 09:14 AM Re: va-76
gtrgtrgtr Offline

Loc: Venice, CA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by eyrec:
.... I had one for about 8 months and regretted buying it....

I was under the impression that these units were available in March of 2002.

Harmony-Central:
"March 7, 2002 -- Roland is now shipping its most powerful arranger keyboard in their history: the flagship 76-Note VariPhrase Arranger Keyboard. "

You purchased it two months before Roland offerred it for sale. How did you get the unit so soon? Did you purchase a prototype?

------------------
Visit: www.drums.com/george

#303290 - 09/26/02 12:51 PM Re: va-76
eyrec Offline

Loc: UK
I got my VA76 before March 2002, I even think I sold it before then. I should check your resources. It was a new one and I was one of the first in UK to receive one.

Quote:
Originally posted by gtrgtrgtr:
I was under the impression that these units were available in March of 2002.

Harmony-Central:
"March 7, 2002 -- Roland is now shipping its most powerful arranger keyboard in their history: the flagship 76-Note VariPhrase Arranger Keyboard. "

You purchased it two months before Roland offerred it for sale. How did you get the unit so soon? Did you purchase a prototype?

#303291 - 10/16/02 12:35 AM Re: va-76
siahwayne Offline

Loc: singapore
I used to own a G-1000 but sold it away couples months ago because I wanna get the VA-76 ,then my nightmare came,,,I cannot get VA-76 in Singapore!!!None of our local retailers carry this product.Someone suggested that I buy it online but there isn't any warranty or after sales technical service.If I were to import it myself that will cost me more than S$5000.00!!!!Really wished Roland will distribute VA-76 to Singapore's retailers..ie..sweelee music company.

#303292 - 11/13/02 02:18 AM Re: va-76
Clif Anderson Offline

I demoed a VA-76 yesterday. I found it easy to to get around. I prefer its styles to the ones of the Yamahas. I had a lot of fun with the vocal phrases. They would sync with styles and could be modulated using the D-beam to make them sound more realistic.

I wonder to what extent the variphrase is really musically useful and to what extent it is more a novelty--at least in my hands. What have others found?

However useful Variphrase is, it is no substitute for vocal harmony. With vocal harmony and an SRX slot or two, this would be close to my ideal keyboard.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online