SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303150 - 08/13/02 12:21 PM Why no sequencer in Roland E-96
chadder Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi,
I have a Roland keyboard E-96 and wonder why this keyboard doesn't have a sequencer inside. I mean this keyboard was a high-end keyboard many years ago. Why didn't the producer think about it. Does this keyboard not worth to have a sequencer. *grrrrr*
Could some one tell me what to do, if I want to use the E-96 for sequencing. Thx!!!

#303151 - 08/15/02 07:29 PM Re: Why no sequencer in Roland E-96
DLK8 Offline

Hi. I've had an E-96 for several years now. There is no multi-track sequencer, but there is a single track record feature, by which you can record the input of the arranger along with any real-time notes you are playing. In addition, there is also a feature that allows you to record a chord progression that you can then use with a variety of styles.

As to why no multi-track sequencer, I can only say that the E-96 was at the top end of the consumer models, while the G-800 of the same vintage sported both multi-track sequencing, and the next generation of sounds (as well as 64 note polyphony vs. the 28 of the E-96.

#303152 - 08/16/02 05:11 AM Re: Why no sequencer in Roland E-96
chadder Offline

Hi, thanks for your advice. As you describe I can only use the song record function for just a single record without the option to overwork the recorded song. It means I only can record one tone in one track and there is no chance to record further tone in the same song. (very sad!!)

Is there another posibility to use my E-96 for song sequencing with multi-track? (for example in a combination with a sequencer software on a computer. And what kind of software would you recommend?)

Due to the E-96 was a high end equipment, I don't unterstand why the producer didn't spend the E-96 a multi-track sequencer. Every high end product from another producer like yamaha has it. Unbelievable!!!

You said you've had an E-96, so what kind of keyboard do you have now. Do you still have the E-96 or have you sell it? So my next Keyboard will be from yamaha maybe the PSR-9000. It has a lot of great sound, very good styles and at least it has a multi-track sequencer!!!!!!!!!

Bye

#303153 - 08/16/02 05:39 AM Re: Why no sequencer in Roland E-96
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
It doesn't really surprise me that Roland omited the sequencer in that model, because lots of players (myself included) would rather use an outboard sequencer anyway. Maybe this was their way to keep the G series at a premium and keep the E series as a "play right outta the box" instrument.
Sequencing is not everyones bag, but with home computers and a cheap program you can have a full blown multitrack studio at your fingertips, these days.
The e96 is still a pretty versitile "live" arranger with a very good speaker system in it. You should have no trouble making lots of music with a unit like that one !

#303154 - 08/17/02 02:01 AM Re: Why no sequencer in Roland E-96
chadder Offline

So it mean, you still have the E-96!? If I decide to buy an external sequencer like the QY100 from Yamaha oder other sequencer products. Do they work together with the E-96? And is there a posibility to save the song on a disk after the recording.

Do you use the E-96 for life performing? Playing keyboard is a hobby for me and I also attend keyboard lessons. So a sequencer is another option to have more fun and creative in playing keyboard.

Best wishes
Chad

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online