SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#303086 - 10/12/04 06:47 AM Finally lintened to G-70 (copy from the General Forum)
Minimix Offline

Loc: Portugal
Finally I had the chance to listen to the G-70 on a Demo Tour the guys from Roland are doing back here. Unfortunetly the "damn thing" was not completly finish (the final software was not ready yet). Anyhow I had the possibility to quickly ear some of the tones and see some of the features. It sounds GREAT and seems to be very easy to use. The piano and guitars are very impressive. The organ sound is also great -maybe the best organ sound I've ever heard on an arranger, with the harmonic bars really "doing the job" as I expected. As I said not everything was ready but the most important (at least for me) - the sound - already prooved to be excelente and powerfull. Hope to get my hands on a final version very soon.
regards

(this post is a copy of the one on the General forum just to try to share with most of people - thanks)

#303087 - 10/14/04 01:44 AM Re: Finally lintened to G-70 (copy from the General Forum)
MikeTV Offline

Loc: UK
So one has finally broken cover - excellent news.

I appreciate that sounds are very subjective, but what did you think of the drum sounds?

I currently have a VA76 and think that, although there are something like 120+ drum kits available, I can never find one that is "just-right". In comparison, the much older Korg i3 I previously had, only possessed 8 kits, but all were excellent.

Whilst it is fair to say that the VA kits sound realistic, they sound like very well made samples of very poor sounding real acoustic kits. No guts - lifeless. If I find a kit with an appropriate snare, say - the bass drum in the same kit isn't what I want. Or sometimes the other way round.

On the other hand, the available drums on the older Korg just sounded "right" in the mix.

What did you make of the G-70 in this area?

#303088 - 10/22/04 05:34 AM Re: Finally lintened to G-70 (copy from the General Forum)
Minimix Offline

Sorry Mike for my late post (I've been away for a few days).

Unfortunetly I can't tell you much more than I said before 'cause the G-70 wasn't ready when I saw it in the demo, here in Portugal. The overall impression for me was that the tones were improved - at least the ones I had the chance to listen.
Hope to hear (and tell) more soon

Best Regards

[This message has been edited by Minimix (edited 10-22-2004).]

#303089 - 11/01/04 06:34 PM Re: Finally lintened to G-70 (copy from the General Forum)
Luis.Santos Offline

Hi Minimix!

I see you're from Portugal, just like me!
I missed the G70 demo because I was only informed 2 days AFTER the demo...

I'm also very curious about the new Roland G70.
Did you have the chance to listen to any bossa nova or jazz style?...

By the way, what keyboard are you using right now?

Luis Santos

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online