SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302803 - 03/14/06 05:22 PM ROLAND ATELIER AT-90SL
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
Last week at a local concert I saw/heard a magnificent magical musician play the Roland Atelier AT-90SL. His musicianship was beyond AWESOME!

At intermission I got to look at the instrument....about the size of a small Spinit piano....with 2 keyboards....& an additional one for the feet! Many many lights, buttons, voices, bells, whistles....What impressed me most was the sound quality, the versatility, & that the KB has 8 or 9 split points!!!! He had about 4 or 5 huge speakers across the stage so I wondered if maybe the KB has none of its own????....Is this KB an "Arranger KB?" I asked if Roland makes a portable version of this fantastic KB....He told me yes! (My only home is a motorhome)....If anyone can offer even a little bit of information about this KB....I sure will appreciate hearing from you! Currently I have Technics KN6000 & a Technics KN7000 which I LOVE! Have owned/played the KN1000, KN3000, & the KN5000 also.... How does this Roland compare to the 7K????

The musician I heard/saw/totally enjoyed.....in Carlsbad, NM was www.hectorolivera.com I will appreciate all responses.....

ELIZABETH S.E. NEW MEXICO, U.S.A.

#302804 - 03/14/06 11:46 PM Re: ROLAND ATELIER AT-90SL
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Hector is an excellent player and can be very funny when not performing in concert.
The keyboard you need to see is the Roland G70.

#302805 - 03/15/06 12:07 AM Re: ROLAND ATELIER AT-90SL
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi There
It is an Organ not an Arranger Keyboard, follow the link for details. http://www.roland.co.uk/organ_room_catdet.asp?ID=AT90SL The closest Arranger Keyboard is the the G70 as Graham mentioned.
BTW Did he play Flight of the Bumble Bee.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#302806 - 03/15/06 04:56 PM Re: ROLAND ATELIER AT-90SL
etwo4788 Offline

THanks for your responses..... guess I will have to find one I can hear & play with for awhile....

Still would like to have my other questions answered?????

ELIZABETH

#302807 - 03/21/06 03:31 PM Re: ROLAND ATELIER AT-90SL
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
That AT 90 will probably blow $40,000 right out the window in a heart beat. I glad you got to see Hector, he is an incredible performer and a real gentleman. Some one reffered you to the flight of the bumble bee which is a pretty tricky peice, but this dude does in on the pedals. The home organs were the predessor of the arranger. I've heard the Rolands and they are fantastic, they do have built in speakers and they rattle the room. I will probally buy a AT 90 when I find a good steal on a used one. My understand is the AT 45 will not take a lot of room but give much of the organ that you heard

Jerry

#302808 - 03/21/06 06:00 PM Re: ROLAND ATELIER AT-90SL
etwo4788 Offline

JERRY.... Thanks for your response.... Yes, Hector's brilliant performance is etched in my mind & my heart....forever! I feel very priveledged to have enjoyed his concert. He did not play "Flight of the Bumble Bee".... I am familiar with the piece & would have loved hearing his rendition!

I am trying to figure how to get to go on the cruize to Hawaii coming up this year (?) on which he will be performing....I would have a hard time being anywhere for 15 days without my Technics KN7000! I play every day.... my only home is a Motor Home & the 7K is too heavy & awkward for me to haul anywhere....I take my 6K, & others carry it in & out of my Nursing Home gigs for me....

I see in your profile that you are a 7K player... & are a "Mainer"....My home base is in S.E. NM.....Usually I go to the AZ desert areas from mid Nov through March...It is much warmer there!

Thanks again for your response to my post.

Be All You Are....Enjoy All You Do!

Love, Light, Hugs, & Harmony....ELIZABETH

#302809 - 03/22/06 07:29 AM Re: ROLAND ATELIER AT-90SL
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Elizabeth

Here is some info on the cruise.

Cruise With Hector to Hawaii
November 26 - December 11, 2006
San Diego, Hilo, Honolulu (2 days), Lahaina, Kona (then passing by the Kilauea Volcano flow at night), and returning to San Diego

This package is available through Laura Boehm ONLY. In order to attend Hector Olivera’s Concerts, & Cocktail Party, it is imperative to book through Laura Boehm on 1-888-273-5455.

Elizabeth

I had the techics KN 7000 and liked it a lot but my favorite was the Genesys by general music, I sold the Genesys Keyboard and bought the Genesys XP moudle expander which I have coupled to my Technics FA-1 organ which is a great combo. I tinker a lot but do not play well but love it anyway.

Jerry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online