SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302546 - 01/07/06 03:54 AM Internal ZIP Drive and blank Zip disks for sale
MikeTV Offline

Loc: UK
Ideal to complement a Roland VA-7, VA-76 or G1000!

Hi All

Just thought I'd let any interested Roland VA7, VA76 and G1000 owners know that I have just listed an internal PC IDE zip drive and some zip disks on Ebay.

The drive is easy to install in a free 3.5" bay and needs no drivers under Windows XP. Earlier versions of Windows may need a driver installing, but Iomega's web site has excellent support for the unit with drivers and other useful software downloads available for free.

Note that although the drive is a 250Mb version, it will happily read and write to the 100Mb disks that Roland keyboards use. Indeed - this was my sole reason for buying it in the first place. However, now that I have sold my VA76, I no longer have a need for zip drive facilities on my PC.

Regards - Mike

[This message has been edited by MikeTV (edited 01-07-2006).]

#302547 - 01/07/06 07:01 AM Re: Internal ZIP Drive and blank Zip disks for sale
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Mike you are not misleading anyone, but maybe make aware to potential buyers.....that drive will not work in any of the Roland instruments..[If anyone is thinking of installing the drive in the Roland keyboard]..

The drive used in the computer can prepare a Roland format zip disk via RDBM software..

#302548 - 01/08/06 03:31 AM Re: Internal ZIP Drive and blank Zip disks for sale
MikeTV Offline

Loc: UK
Hi Fran

Thanks for that - two good points. In case it wasn't clear - drive is specifically intended for use in your desktop PC - NOT as a replacement for a dead Roland zip drive!

Regards - Mike

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online