SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302478 - 01/09/06 06:34 AM Can a G800 be controlled via Logic?
neve1064 Offline

Loc: SE USA
Longstory short: my keyboard got warpped in the sun, buttons no longer work ( start /stop, style selection). No one can get the replacement part (cover/face plate) so can I use Logic Audio to start stop and select styles?

#302479 - 01/09/06 07:53 AM Re: Can a G800 be controlled via Logic?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
The plastic cover buttons on the G series are still available..and are easily replaced.
They were available this past year, so I would think they can be found..

BTW, why not assign the start stop function to the assignable pedal..

#302480 - 01/09/06 12:45 PM Re: Can a G800 be controlled via Logic?
neve1064 Offline

WHere were they available from? BTW, yes that is a very good idea for the start and stop. But I still need a fix for the style selection buttons.

#302481 - 01/09/06 02:10 PM Re: Can a G800 be controlled via Logic?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Your Authorized Roland repair guy should be able to order direct from Roland..$10 assorted bag..a couple dozen..

#302482 - 02/12/06 01:08 PM Re: Can a G800 be controlled via Logic?
neve1064 Offline

Well, the local authorized Roland repair shop is a bunch of a-holes. They told me after three months that the part (the outer shell of the keyboard)is not made anymore. Well I cracked the G800 open and fixed it myslf. THanks to the excellent engineering of Rolands' engineers, it was a breeze to fix. It was way easier to navigate inside of than my Korg Pro-X, for example. Anyway, the past the lower control panel; it was warped. A new one was ordered from another authorized repair shop at a cost of 60 bucks. I swapped them myself and everything works like a charm. The cover is still warped, of course, but atleast all the buttons work now. I think I'm gonna call the repair shop and ask them to get me a quote to see how much they would charge for ordering the part that after a few seconds looking within the guts of this keyboard would have been seen as the answer to my problems. I don't even think the jerks opened this thing. I gues the old saying is an axiom: if you want something done correctly, do it yourself. enjoy.

Neve

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online