SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#302083 - 12/30/10 08:39 PM Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I recently spoke with Synthzone member friend Eric Bott and he raved about his new HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone , so I decided to take his lead and get one too. I was able to get mine for $0.01 (with 2 year Verizon contract) from Amazon Wireless .

I opted for the cheaper $15/mo internet/email data plan (150MB/mo) because free WiFi is pretty plentiful around here. Verizon also offers a $10/mo unlimited text messaging plan, but since I rarely (if ever) text opted to pay $.25 per text message if used, or perhaps later, opt out of sending/receiving text messages altogether. That said, how many of you utilize text messaging on your phone?

I realize Verizon's gonna be rolling out 4G sometime soon(?) and possibly add the iPhone 4G then as well, but I just couldn't pass up the $.01 deal. Anybody else here own the HTC Droid Incredible?

#302084 - 12/30/10 09:00 PM Re: Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Scott....I have the Galaxy Epic 4 Samsung, and has the Droid 2.0 OS, is amazing...
I am with Sprint, and I believe that in January the 4 G service begins in the Phoenix AZ area.
I think you will like it a lot...
And soon, I will have the T4.
Talk to you soon my friend, and have a Happy New Year.
Feliz Aņo Nuevo.

------------------
mdorantes

#302085 - 12/31/10 04:57 AM Re: Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
I tried the Samsung Captivate for a couple of days, its a very promising platform, but I think it still needs some re-working,

Battery life was horrible, I was 40% by lunch time.

Also it seemed that every couple of days I would have to re-boot to get it to operate at its original fast speeds.

So I brought it back and got an iphone, then I "Jailbroke" the OS, and now I have the ultimate phone, for now

#302086 - 01/02/11 10:37 AM Re: Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
Beakybird Offline

Congratulations on your smart phone.

I'm stuck with a dumb phone with 14 months to go in my contract.

I want to switch to Boost Mobile which works great in the Chicago area, and costs $50 a month for unlimited everything. On the other hand, it's only 3G, and the Android phone they offer which is Android 1 software costs $350!!!

Hopefully, they'll make improvements by next year on price and speed.

#302087 - 01/02/11 10:51 AM Re: Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by frankieve:
I tried the Samsung Captivate for a couple of days, its a very promising platform, but I think it still needs some re-working,

Battery life was horrible, I was 40% by lunch time.

Also it seemed that every couple of days I would have to re-boot to get it to operate at its original fast speeds.

So I brought it back and got an iphone, then I "Jailbroke" the OS, and now I have the ultimate phone, for now

I agree Frank battery life sux on HTC Evo a few friends have returned them also.......I've been using the Sprint Moment and have to recharge 2x a day !!......Thinking of the 4G Epic next $99.00 a month for 4G service which we don't even have yet,but they still charge you because of the 4g capable phone I cant believe how many people buy these pumped up phones then complain about how much they cost to operate them?.. this phone stuff is getting ridiculous questioning myself if I really need all this overkill regardless of the price per month?
I might as well sling a Laptop around my neck next

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-02-2011).]

#302088 - 01/02/11 10:56 AM Re: Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
Dnj Offline

I agree Frank battery life sux on HTC Evo a few friends have returned them also,,,,why cant they last all day?.......I've been using the Sprint Moment and have to recharge 2x a day!!......Thinking of the 4G Epic or EVO next $99.00 a month for 4G service which we don't even have yet around here, but they still charge you because of the 4g capable phone I might as well sling a Laptop around my neck next!

#302089 - 01/02/11 11:29 AM Re: Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
Bachus Offline

I have had a smartphone for almost 6 years now, 3 windows phones, but now i hit the jackpot with my new iphone..

Just feels like the right decision for me, never to look back again.

I fear that Android will get the same problems as windows phomnes had, incompatibillity of different hardware platforms.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#302090 - 01/02/11 02:17 PM Re: Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

4G service which we don't even have yet,but they still charge you because of the 4g capable phone I cant believe how many people buy these pumped up phones then complain about how much they cost to operate them?.. this phone stuff is getting ridiculous questioning myself if I really need all this overkill regardless of the price per month?

Hi Donny. Yep, these were the same concerns I had when evaluating whether to wait a couple more weeks for the new 4G Verizon smartphones, plus paying top dollar for them, or simply p/u a current top rated 3G smartphone (HTC Droid Incredible) on sale for $.01 now. My adolescent instinct wants the latest and greatest, but I realize now that it's the manufacturers and carriers game to get you to spend more money not only for the phone itself, but the higher cost of 4G data as well. I mean just how much intense downloading do we really need when on the road and away from a WiFi connection anyway? This technology moves at lighting speed so whatever new phone is rolled out this month will be replaced by something newer (improved?) in 4 months anyway, and the contract price for it will probably drop to a penny for that one by then as well. In frugal economic times like these, I don't think we necessarily need the latest and the greatest simply because it's there. I'm hoping my $0.01 3G Droid Incredible decision proves correct. Time will tell I guess.

#302091 - 01/02/11 03:27 PM Re: Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
We are still using our Sony Erickson phone with Cingular/AT&T. The Phones were free and the two lines are 29 and 19.00 a month and the phones were free. Guess what? they make phone calls, an amazing coincidence for a phone.
All kidding aside we just bought them to have emergency phones in the motorhome when traveling. At my/our age that is important. We also take a hi powered laptop so don't need a current type phone that would be wasted on us and cost a lot more per month. Bebop

#302092 - 01/02/11 03:50 PM Re: Ordered the HTC Droid Incredible Smartphone (Verizon) for $.01
Dnj Offline

decisions ....decisions....??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online