SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#302030 - 12/30/10 04:59 AM How many category buttons do you think an Arranger should have?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
This is physical buttons on the panel, such as Style categories, Sound categories etc.

Also how many sounds/styles etc. should be available onscreen at one time, (When you press the category button) and should other operational selections remain onscreen when categories are selected. (Thus giving direct access without having to go back and forth between menus)

This will be purely personal for each person, but should be interesting to see how many minds think alike.

My preference would be 16 buttons, with 8 onscreen, (Plus additional folder selections) and other control items related to the categories also onscreen.

Bill

#302031 - 12/30/10 07:33 AM Re: How many category buttons do you think an Arranger should have?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
This is physical buttons on the panel, such as Style categories, Sound categories etc.

The least number possible in both styles and voices. A dozen style categories seems like a reasonable number, while 16 voices/instruments is workable. This, of course would include at least one button in both styles and voices that would be dedicated to custom/user.

Also how many sounds/styles etc. should be available onscreen at one time, (When you press the category button) and should other operational selections remain onscreen when categories are selected. (Thus giving direct access without having to go back and forth between menus)

10 seems like a workable number for both. Of course, the display size and resolution will have some bearing on just how many can be displayed and still be readable during a live performance situation.

This will be purely personal for each person, but should be interesting to see how many minds think alike.

My preference would be 16 buttons, with 8 onscreen, (Plus additional folder selections) and other control items related to the categories also onscreen.

Bill

Cheers,

Gary

[This message has been edited by travlin'easy (edited 12-30-2010).]

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#302032 - 12/30/10 07:55 AM Re: How many category buttons do you think an Arranger should have?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I would prefer the Style and Voice lists to be customizable by the user. Some brands do, or did, allow this.
That way you can set up a bank or two of your favorite styles and likewise for sounds.
I remember you can replace all Korg styles with user styles. Yamaha PSR8000 allowed customizing the Style Banks, but I believe that was the last Yammy that did it.
They giveth and they taketh away.
DonM

#302033 - 12/30/10 08:51 AM Re: How many category buttons do you think an Arranger should have?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I would prefer the Style and Voice lists to be customizable by the user.

+1

#302034 - 12/30/10 09:47 AM Re: How many category buttons do you think an Arranger should have?
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:

Bill

Bill,

No please, hell your not manufacturing KBs in the UK are you, how much is it going to be 4p, or fourpunce, just leave it to those who don't know nowt about it Bill!

BTW Bill dare I ask you when the Wing will be out , I've been told Jan 2011.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#302035 - 12/30/10 11:28 AM Re: How many category buttons do you think an Arranger should have?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Tony
That is the predicted date that the 1st shipment will arrive from the Far East, (Which is where the Wing is being made) however only Music Store and its authorised Wersi Dealers know for sure, so you will need to contact them to confirm.
Regards

Bill

#302036 - 12/30/10 12:20 PM Re: How many category buttons do you think an Arranger should have?
arranger_yes_pc_no Offline

for music styles, there should be as many as there are music styles....ideally many more than the ones arranger keyboards have

#302037 - 12/30/10 03:46 PM Re: How many category buttons do you think an Arranger should have?
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
There always seems to be styles that overlap in several catagories. On my Tyros4 some of the R and B styles could be rock styles and the other way round. Many of the World styles could be placed in other catagories too. Tyros4 has 11 catagories. I wouldn't like any more than that. How many catagories do the other makes have? -charley

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online