SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#301767 - 12/27/10 08:20 AM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I hear ya, Ian ... this is a rare semi-down time for me with school out for the winter break. After 1/3 I'll be immersed in play practice and graduation music ... I'll hardly even have time to THINK about keyboards! lol

#301768 - 12/27/10 01:26 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I'm really curious how many S910 owners here have actually reported this problem to Yamaha.

Unless S910 registered owners contact Yamaha directly, a fix may less likely be forth coming. Merely posting about this problem on internet forums is less likely to yield a fix because manufacterers have no accurate way to determine which complaints are from legitmate registered owners or merely from people with an axe to grind. Good luck.

I have complained about this for the past six or seven YEARS. They aren't going to do anything about it. You can buy a Tyro 4 or wait and see if the next 900 series has the new harmonizer.
I did have a Tyros 2 a few years ago and it certainly had the problem. If you engage or disengage the vocal harmonizer while singing a note, the original (lead) voice is interrupted for a split second.
DonM

#301769 - 12/27/10 01:40 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
I have complained about this for the past six or seven YEARS. They aren't going to do anything about it. You can buy a Tyro 4 or wait and see if the next 900 series has the new harmonizer.
I did have a Tyros 2 a few years ago and it certainly had the problem. If you engage or disengage the vocal harmonizer while singing a note, the original (lead) voice is interrupted for a split second.
DonM

Exactly Don I found the same problem with my Tyros2 and so many other Psr's.....
still waiting to see a Yamaha VH2 demo IN DETAIL...anyone???

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-27-2010).]

#301770 - 12/28/10 11:00 AM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
DonM Offline

As I mentioned somewhere, I did get to play Don Patterson's Tyros 4, and the vocal harmonizer works seamlessly. There's a lot to like about the T4.
DonM

#301771 - 12/28/10 11:15 AM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
As I mentioned somewhere, I did get to play Don Patterson's Tyros 4, and the vocal harmonizer works seamlessly. There's a lot to like about the T4.
DonM

having second thoughts now? ... Ive still yet to even see on in a store around here yet? did I mention I only live between two large cities New York & Philly ever hear of them anyone? ...and these store have crap in them regarding arranger KB's.......but you'll see every workstation imaginable in there !! so I guess the watch you tube demos & Buy & Return policy is in effect..

#301772 - 12/28/10 11:22 AM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
DonM Offline

I think Don bought his from Frank. He can have you one overnight!
DonM

#301773 - 12/28/10 11:47 AM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
I think Don bought his from Frank. He can have you one overnight!
DonM

Frank is the best to deal with as I have many times before...BUT, I am not convinced the T4 is a better fit then what I have now the S910 for my needs....I'm waiting for winter NAMM..I'm also very interested in the Media station Groove 76/61 also with it's new OS.

We'll see!

#301774 - 12/28/10 01:02 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
IMHO, the reason they are not going to fix it is they consider the PSR/Tyros a Home arranger and they more than likely would just say...it's a home keyboard and that feature/fix is not neccessary...exactly the same they told me when I reported some MIDI issues and other things I needed to control an external tone module on my T2.

Lee S.

#301775 - 12/28/10 01:16 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
IMHO, the reason they are not going to fix it is they consider the PSR/Tyros a Home arranger and they more than likely would just say...it's a home keyboard and that feature/fix is not neccessary...exactly the same they told me when I reported some MIDI issues and other things I needed to control an external tone module on my T2.

Lee S.

again most times Buyer error.....in not investigating all features BEFORE you buy a unit to see if it has exactly what you need before purchase. There is so many choices...homework must be done in detail first!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online