SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#301757 - 12/26/10 06:38 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I wouldn't think there would be any difference using the button or the peadal??
The OS should respond the same.
Unless they used a low priority task for the pedal input function.
Are you saying there is?

Lee S.

#301758 - 12/26/10 06:42 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Lee, there is no difference in using a pedal or pressing the button--the delay is the same.

Dave, The problem seems to have been resolved with OS updates for the T2, T3 and more recently, the T4. Still exists, however, with the S-900. Maybe the upcoming PSR-S series will no longer have the delay as well.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#301759 - 12/26/10 07:00 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I'm really curious how many S910 owners here have actually reported this problem to Yamaha.

Unless S910 registered owners contact Yamaha directly, a fix may less likely be forth coming. Merely posting about this problem on internet forums is less likely to yield a fix because manufacterers have no accurate way to determine which complaints are from legitmate registered owners or merely from people with an axe to grind. Good luck.

#301760 - 12/26/10 07:38 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I'm really curious how many S910 owners here have actually reported this problem to Yamaha.

Unless S910 registered owners contact Yamaha directly, a fix may less likely be forth coming. Merely posting about this problem on internet forums is less likely to yield a fix because manufacterers have no accurate way to determine which complaints are from legitmate registered owners or merely from people with an axe to grind. Good luck.

Hi Scott,

I have sent Yamaha Canada Head Office a detailed report about the glitch in the VH on the S900/S910.

Ian

#301761 - 12/26/10 07:51 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
Dnj Offline

Maybe there solution is the new VH2.. ?

#301762 - 12/26/10 08:00 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
How long ago was that?

If Yamaha can fix this they sure should...so, either they just don't think it's a big enogh issue for a 'home' keyboard or they can't fix it because of HW or OS limitations. Most likely HW.
If enoghh folks returned keyboards because of this issue...that may change the response from them (But only if the reason for returns actually gets back to the high level management).
Lee S.

#301763 - 12/26/10 09:19 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian,
How long ago was that?

If Yamaha can fix this they sure should...so, either they just don't think it's a big enogh issue for a 'home' keyboard or they can't fix it because of HW or OS limitations. Most likely HW.
If enoghh folks returned keyboards because of this issue...that may change the response from them (But only if the reason for returns actually gets back to the high level management).
Lee S.

Lee,

I have a good rapport with Head Office...I've only recently reported the glitch, and I have sent in another report today.

It may be a hardware limitation...I hope it isn't, and an OS upgrade can fix it.

Ian

#301764 - 12/26/10 09:31 PM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Lee,

I have a good rapport with Head Office...I've only recently reported the glitch, and I have sent in another report today.

It may be a hardware limitation...I hope it isn't, and an OS upgrade can fix it.

Ian

Be nice if they Yamaha could ship out the vH2 card to replace the old in the S910...

#301765 - 12/27/10 06:21 AM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm guessing that it's a hardware limitation, (or very expensive), and that's why it's only installed on the Tyros.
I thought the 910 would be worlds above the 3000, but in actuality, for my purposes - they are almost the same. I should have done my homework first! lol.
I'm taking my Korg out tomorrow for the first time since the repair .... fingers crossed!

#301766 - 12/27/10 06:43 AM Re: Back in the box ... goes back tomorrow!
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
I'm guessing that it's a hardware limitation, (or very expensive), and that's why it's only installed on the Tyros.
I thought the 910 would be worlds above the 3000, but in actuality, for my purposes - they are almost the same.

If the VH is the same for the Tyros/Tyros2/Tyros3 and the PSR-S910/S900, and I'm pretty sure it is, then it might be quite possible to upgrade(fix) the latter.

But, as you say, it may be expensive, but, I'm also hoping that since they've (Yamaha) have been using the same darn harmonizer for quite some time, that maybe a fix will be forthcoming.

I'd still be using a PSR-3000 if it wasn't for the fact that I play all instrumental music, and the new SA, Cool! Sweet! and Live! on the S910 are incredibly expressive; especially the SA Sax and SA Concert Guitar, two voices I really love to use...plus, the two new SA Hammond samples, SA Jazz Rotary, and SA Rock Rotary, are excellent.

I know one thing...after hearing the Tyros4, I am leaning more and more towards getting one, but, I want to spend some quality time on one first. The whole instrument appears to be a big step up from the Tyros3, much like the S910 is from the S900...in appearance all these instruments, respectively, look identical, but "under the hood (or bonnet)" they are different, in both voice expressiveness, and overall sonic goodness as well.

Good luck with your PA-800...the Nord is quite nice, David...I played one, and it's got some terrific sounds.

Ian

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online