SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30088 - 05/07/03 09:07 AM Tabla sounds on SD1
dimu Offline

I bought an SD1 about a week ago. My primary aim is to play tabla rhythms on the keyboard. Considering the high quality sounds my salesman suggested this is the best keyboard to by. I got some tabla samples from primesounds.com and tried to make a user drum kit. It doesn't work the way the owner's manual describes. Also, even though the tabla samples sound good on my computer, they sound differently on the keyboard.

My question is: is there anybody on this forum who has done this before? Can he/she help me? Is it possible to get get already created tabla drum kit from somebdody?

I could have bought a Veaga instead of SD1, but I was convinced that this has most the flexibility, and once customized, could fulfil my requirements better than Vega could.

Thanks,

-Dimu

#30089 - 05/07/03 09:11 AM Re: Tabla sounds on SD1
dimu Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by dimu:
I bought an SD1 about a week ago. My primary aim is to play tabla rhythms on the keyboard. Considering the high quality sounds my salesman suggested this is the best keyboard to by. I got some tabla samples from primesounds.com and tried to make a user drum kit. It doesn't work the way the owner's manual describes. Also, even though the tabla samples sound good on my computer, they sound differently on the keyboard.

My question is: is there anybody on this forum who has done this before? Can he/she help me? Is it possible to get get already created tabla drum kit from somebdody?

I could have bought a Veaga instead of SD1, but I was convinced that this has most the flexibility, and once customized, could fulfil my requirements better than Vega could.

Thanks,

-Dimu

I forgot to mention, I am not a professional musician. This is my hobby.

-Dimu

#30090 - 05/08/03 01:17 AM Re: Tabla sounds on SD1
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
I hate to dissapointed you, but if it was that easy, then Ketron would have never sold one Vega. If middle easter music is what u are interested in then Vega is the way to go (or X1 if u want a sampler and sequencer with it).

#30091 - 05/08/03 03:59 AM Re: Tabla sounds on SD1
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I have a SD1, and play oriental music on it.
I created my Oriental Kit (sampled from the X1 Oriental), and styles from this keyboard sound good...

If someone want to help us to progress in this way... contact me at realvision2@wanadoo.fr

@+

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#30092 - 05/09/03 01:42 AM Re: Tabla sounds on SD1
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Dan would you please send me some oriental demos from ur SD1 ? styles, sounds , songs anything you have in mp3 or wav

If the demos are greated than 1MB in size please email them to mosiqaar@aol.com not @hotmail.com

thanks

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online