SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30077 - 12/14/02 06:21 PM Question about the vocalizer(to Ketron_AJ...)
Luis.Santos Offline

Loc: Portugal
hello Ketron_AJ. I used the SD1 live for the first time today and is was great! Playing that "piano" sound is incredible.
Well I have had a problem with the vocalizer... I'll try to explain:
I guess I'm understanding how it works... Help me please if I'm wrong.
The 4 variations and fill-ins can be assigned to one parameter of the vocalizer, right? Right now I'm not using the vocalizer, I'm only using the vocal set 1 with some modifications on the volume and reverb and that's all. I guess I should set the vocalizer to ON (with the led on) to make it work when changing the variations because that's how the vocal set 01 came from factory. The problem is that sometimes, with some styles, the vocalizer WORKS automatically in the variations, and with the led off! I mean, I didn't even touch the vocalizer button and it begins to work with some styles...
I didn't even messed up anything...
I only used a plain factory style, a sound and registrated it... About the registration mode menu, I didn't even touch it yet because I have been thinking and I think it's better to reprogram all the registrations later with the appropriate vocal set and vocalizer setting for each registration.

Could you please help, is there anything I can do to avoid this? Why does this happen?
I and the singer were singing a song and the vocalizer started acting... Strange...because as I noticed at home the vocalizer led was off and I thought it was something I had done wrong... but it happened again today playing for 150 people... :-/

Please answer me, if you can, as soon as possible because I have to take this keyboard very very soon to work again...

Thanks in advance. I really don't know how I can say thanks to you because you've been really really helpful.
Thanks a lot!

[This message has been edited by Luis.Santos (edited 12-15-2002).]

#30078 - 12/15/02 02:15 PM Re: Question about the vocalizer(to Ketron_AJ...)
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Hey Luis ,

It's great you did the gig with the Sd1 . SD1 piano sample is still the best kept secret .

I will let AJ answer you question . I still love my SD1 . Looking forward to 4.0 very soon . Dan in Baltimore Maryland USA

------------------
Piano Man's Music City
624 Frederick Rd .
Catonsville Md. 21228
410 747 0200
danosmusic@yahoo.com

#30079 - 12/16/02 10:24 AM Re: Question about the vocalizer(to Ketron_AJ...)
Luis.Santos Offline

Ketron AJ, could you please answer my question?...

Thanks.

Luis Santos

#30080 - 12/17/02 02:26 AM Re: Question about the vocalizer(to Ketron_AJ...)
Luis.Santos Offline

Why don't you please answer my question?...

#30081 - 12/17/02 07:04 AM Re: Question about the vocalizer(to Ketron_AJ...)
DanO1 Offline

Luis ,

AJ's computer went down . He regrets not being able to respond . He is tyring to up and running again. He asked that I send this messdage to you .

DanO

#30082 - 12/17/02 07:07 AM Re: Question about the vocalizer(to Ketron_AJ...)
DanO1 Offline

BTW .....when you press edit vocalizer , next to F8 you will find vocalize to arrange.
In this screen you can alter and edit the vocalizer . Press save /enter after you make adjustments . Dan

#30083 - 12/17/02 08:08 AM Re: Question about the vocalizer(to Ketron_AJ...)
Luis.Santos Offline

Thanks DAN01.
I'll wait then until AJ's computer is OK...
I already did what you said... but even with the vocalizer set to off (with the led off) it starts to "work" in the middle of some songs I play...
I want to have the "vocal to arrange" function activated but only when I press the vocalize button (and then led sets on)... but the vocalizer started to worked with the vocalizer off and also the led off, and that's what i'm not undestanding...

Thanks

#30084 - 12/17/02 08:01 PM Re: Question about the vocalizer(to Ketron_AJ...)
DanO1 Offline

I wonder if you globally copy the style into the style folder , if it would eliminate any vocal settings . Does this make sense ?

Have you ever globally copied a style ? When you do this , it gives you the ability to have the original style but have a new copy on the hard drive . Dano

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online