SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#300506 - 12/08/10 08:05 AM I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Dnj Offline

With the Tyros4 & Audya already out there and a few other things I'm glad I waited to buy anything new. I've reluctantly sat back and watched many demos, tried many units in person, read reviews, & personally talked to many owners of some of the new models already available but nothing has impressed me that much to buy. I don't know what Winter NAMM or Musicmesse will bring to the market in the way of a new arranger keyboard or what ever, but compared to years ago & the fact that manufacturers are only making very small incremental changes in upgrades besides some gimmicks & not really listening to their customers needs, waiting a few years in between seems to be the smart move now a days.

#300507 - 12/08/10 11:50 AM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I'm in agreement with you, Donny. The new stuff is basically tweeks and little increments. Now that I've gotten used to my s910 I see nothing out there right now to make me switch. I can't see paying $4-5 thousand dollars for a board. As much as I would like a 76 board, it's not necessary anymore - I've learned to use the 61 keys more effeciently. Unless something really earth shaking comes out, I see having this s910 for a long time.

#300508 - 12/08/10 01:00 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
Unless something really earth shaking comes out, I see having this s910 for a long time.

Ditto.

#300509 - 12/08/10 02:14 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by cassp:
I'm in agreement with you, Donny. The new stuff is basically tweeks and little increments. Now that I've gotten used to my s910 I see nothing out there right now to make me switch. I can't see paying $4-5 thousand dollars for a board. As much as I would like a 76 board, it's not necessary anymore - I've learned to use the 61 keys more efficiently. Unless something really earth shaking comes out, I see having this s910 for a long time.

Cass exactly, Fran & I spent the afternoon browsing music stores in the area what a disappointment. I walked out of there shaking my head at the dismal inventory of low end garbage & other gear that's been there on the racks literally for 2 or 3 years, broken, or discounted to just move out with keyboards leading the way.
It's really sad. Without the internet, forums or youtube videos you have no way of seeing or hearing & learning about new gear.
The S910 is a special milestone arranger that I enjoy playing....and now after seeing the Tyros 4 & it's minimal upgraded features I'll less then anxious for the next S-Series unit to evolve. A few trickled down useless Doo Be Doo's are not going to make me buy one. And so I enjoy what I have, make great music, and perhaps down the road things will improve.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 12-08-2010).]

#300510 - 12/08/10 04:40 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Hi Donny I totally agree with you about waiting and holding the cash in our pockets.

I have had an S910 since their release in Australia and its still getting used on a daily basis. I have my fingers crossed that the coming NAMM and MusicMesse will introduce some new pro arrangers possibly/hopefully from Korg or Roland.

I got the AUD price on the Tyros 4 yesterday from my local dealer and the best possible price I could get was $5100.00!! wayyy too high for this board in my opinion. Its probably worth buying and shipping over from the states with the Aussie dollar being almost 1-1 to the USD.

But anyways see what happens...

Nick

#300511 - 12/08/10 05:11 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
Hi Donny I totally agree with you about waiting and holding the cash in our pockets.

I have had an S910 since their release in Australia and its still getting used on a daily basis. I have my fingers crossed that the coming NAMM and MusicMesse will introduce some new pro arrangers possibly/hopefully from Korg or Roland.

I got the AUD price on the Tyros 4 yesterday from my local dealer and the best possible price I could get was $5100.00!! wayyy too high for this board in my opinion. Its probably worth buying and shipping over from the states with the Aussie dollar being almost 1-1 to the USD.

Nick

Another thing Nick is that its eerie that at this close time before NAMM Roland & KORG are very tight lipped...
& nowhere has anything been leaked about any type of arrangers at all.

#300512 - 12/08/10 06:38 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:

Nick

Hey Nick, if you DO decide to go with a T4, let me know. I can maybe get a much better deal for you through my dealer....

Dennis

PS: or the Korg

#300513 - 12/08/10 06:43 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Another thing Nick is that its eerie that at this close time before NAMM Roland & KORG are very tight lipped...
& nowhere has anything been leaked about any type of arrangers at all.

Jeez Mr Web-Surfer himself has NOT seen all the speculation on the new Korg :-x

There was even a post of specs over at the Korg forum. Plus pics...

As or Roland there is NO speculation because there is nothing from them, no matter how much Bill and Ben give the nod-nods and wink-winks, say no more!!!

#300514 - 12/08/10 06:50 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Jeez Mr Web-Surfer himself has NOT seen all the speculation on the new Korg :-x

As or Roland there is NO speculation because there is nothing from them, no matter how much Bill and Ben give the nod-nods and wink-winks, say no more!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXkAKWhZKg
http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:N2SSlY2IDoYJ:www.facebook.com/topic.php%3Fuid%3D122900374414477%26topic%3D371+New+Korg+Pa3x&cd=4&hl=ro&ct=clnk&gl=ro

#300515 - 12/08/10 06:54 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
miden Offline

There ya go see, I knew you had it in you

#300516 - 12/08/10 06:56 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
miden Offline

#300517 - 12/08/10 06:57 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Dnj Offline

Well if that picture is real that's another arranger I WON'T be buying

#300518 - 12/08/10 07:05 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
miden Offline

Quote:
Well if that picture is real that's another arranger I WON'T be buying

Can't argue with that.. Aesthetics are very much a personal thing.

#300519 - 12/08/10 07:39 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Nick G Offline

Quote:
Hey Nick, if you DO decide to go with a T4, let me know. I can maybe get a much better deal for you through my dealer....

Dennis

PS: or the Korg

mate I am 100% keeping my money until the NAMM show in Jan! just in case....

#300520 - 12/08/10 07:52 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
miden Offline

Quote:
mate I am 100% keeping my money until the NAMM show in Jan! just in case....

Yep, I would too!

#300521 - 12/08/10 08:51 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny
The photos you referenced look pretty good.
I say no more.

(PS...For the same reason Yamaha does not really change the 'look' of the Tyros, Why would Korg make a big change to a successful design?)
Lee S.

#300522 - 12/08/10 09:29 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Nick G Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Donny
The photos you referenced look pretty good.
I say no more.

(PS...For the same reason Yamaha does not really change the 'look' of the Tyros, Why would Korg make a big change to a successful design?)
Lee S.

personally I think the PA800 is one of the ugliest keyboards around at the moment! lol but the PA 2X is probably the sexiest!

a 61 note version of the PA 2x or 3x would have my money straight away!

Nick

#300523 - 12/09/10 07:52 AM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Quote:
[b] Jeez Mr Web-Surfer himself has NOT seen all the speculation on the new Korg :-x

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBXkAKWhZKg
http: //webcache.googleusercontent.com/s...o&ct=clnk&gl=ro

[/B]

I can see a lot of improvements, but no innovation...

That makes me kinda sad...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#300524 - 12/09/10 08:09 AM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
zuki Offline

Quote:
personally I think the PA800 is one of the ugliest keyboards around at the moment!

Nick

Might be the ugliest (IYO), but is the absolute best sounding on the market today

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#300525 - 12/09/10 08:16 AM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Might be the ugliest (IYO), but is the absolute best sounding on the market today

Totally Agree. Nothing come even close.

#300526 - 12/09/10 09:00 AM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
miden Offline

Apart from the PA2X of course!!

#300527 - 12/09/10 09:49 AM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Apart from the PA2X of course!!

Oops forgot that one
Stupid me

#300528 - 12/09/10 12:44 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Zuki,
ditto.

I don't care what a keyboard looks like, how it sounds & how it functions is more important to me.

Honestly, how many of you performers have had an audience member come up & say,
"Gee, that's a pretty keyboard or , gosh that's one ugly board."
If they were talking about one of kids, I might be offended, BUT a keyboard??

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#300529 - 12/09/10 12:50 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
we dont even know if there will be any new arrangers at the next NAMM. Just calm down folks and see what happens. The silence from Korg and Roland wouild indicate that nothing new was coming from either stables for the next NAMM show.

#300530 - 12/09/10 02:09 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Nick G Offline

Quote:

yes exactly - like I said "PERSONALLY" think its the ugliest with an "lol" at the end....

and YOU need to take your own advice - it is the best sounding IN YOUR OPINION... its so hard to joke around here without blowing someone's short fuse.

Same goes for FransN... nothing comes close? I am sure you will find A LOT of people not only on SZ but around the planet that will highly disagree with you... As again.. it is just your opinion. not fact...

I myself love the korg sound and have my eyes on the next korg arranger if and when it happens so I'm not being a biased singled minded Yamaha player. But you just cant stat that the fact is "it is the best and nothing comes close"...

Nick

#300531 - 12/09/10 06:24 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
zuki Offline

I think I was the one kidding around and not defensive! I just stated what I think, just like you mate The success and joy I have with the 800, I wouldn't care if it was pink

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#300532 - 12/09/10 06:48 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Nick G Offline

Quote:
I think I was the one kidding around and not defensive! I just stated what I think, just like you mate The success and joy I have with the 800, I wouldn't care if it was pink

Its so hard sometimes to really tell what people are say exactly behind text! my apologies for getting it wrong!

#300533 - 12/09/10 07:27 PM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
zuki Offline

No harm done Nick and same back to you my friend

#300534 - 12/13/10 12:26 AM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Lucky2Bhere Offline

What actually are the dates for the winter NAMM?

And how does it work again? My understanding is that the new products are on display but they don't actually hit the stores for around 6 months? Would that be correct?

Has any company ever did a product release right after the show? I'm real interested in seeing if Korg replaces the PA2X Pro and, if so, when it will be available?

Lucky

#300535 - 12/13/10 01:45 AM Re: I'm Glad I Waited to Buy an Arranger NAMM is next Month !
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Lucky2Bhere:
What actually are the dates for the winter NAMM?

And how does it work again? My understanding is that the new products are on display but they don't actually hit the stores for around 6 months? Would that be correct?

Has any company ever did a product release right after the show? I'm real interested in seeing if Korg replaces the PA2X Pro and, if so, when it will be available?

Lucky

http://www.namm.org/thenammshow/2011

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online