SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#30037 - 12/22/03 06:06 AM Problems with X4
JohnR Offline

Loc: Scotland
Hi

I`m new around these parts, was wondering if anyone can shed some light on a problem I`m having with my X4. The module has started to completely cut out during gigs, like a power failure, then instantly starts to re-boot again. It happens very quickly like someone has just flicked a switch on and off. I`ve tried all the obvious trouble shooting with different leads, driving it with a different instrument etc. running it directly from the mains and not through extension leads and even changed the main processor board this month. It was cured for a couple of weeks but low and behold it cut out twice during a gig on Sat night ! All the Ketron dealers in the UK that I have consulted say they have never come across this fault and I`m really stuck as to what to do next !

Any help or anyone who has experienced similair problems would be most appreciated !

Cheers

John

#30038 - 12/22/03 12:28 PM Re: Problems with X4
Ketron User Offline

Looks like something is wrong with the power-unit. Try to measure the DC-outputs with a scope.

Best regards.

#30039 - 01/11/04 06:59 PM Re: Problems with X4
Bumchord Offline

Hi

I dont know if youre sorted yet with ur problem Im going to a ketron seminar in Feb. run by a guy called Dave medcalfe from Hastings He has been able to sort out any problems ive had with my xd3. Let me know if you still need help
cheers Bumchord

#30040 - 01/25/04 11:02 PM Re: Problems with X4
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am having exactly the same problem. Mine reboots by itself almost an hour after I turn it on, then it starts to reboot more frequently.

I hope someone has a solution, cause I got a gig coming up next week, and can't perform like this.

PLEASE HELP......

[This message has been edited by AWK (edited 01-26-2004).]

#30041 - 01/26/04 03:33 PM Re: Problems with X4
JohnR Offline

AWK

Exactly the same scenario ! It`s always an hour or so into the gig then off it goes. It will then do it maybe two or three times more then be alright until the next gig. Maybe the next gig will be ok, my X4 hasn`t cut out for over a month now and it once went almost 7 months. It`s the uncertainty over it that`s just not acceptable. Ketron really need to help us out here !

#30042 - 02/17/04 01:54 PM Re: Problems with X4
JohnR Offline

Just an update on this topic. Today my local dealer has had an X4 returned doing exactly the same thing. For the first time ever we managed to get it to re-boot on numerous occassions in the shop while I was playing. Usually you put these damn things on test in the shop and it works perfectly !This has at least put my mind at ease that I`m not alone with this problem although we can still find no logical explanation for it, nor can the Ketron lab in the UK. The DC output voltage remains a constant 8.6V. I now know of three other X4 modules that have this fault but believe there must be more out there. I`ll keep you posted !In the mean if anyone else has had this problem please get in touch,

Cheers

John

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online