SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#300309 - 12/05/10 02:07 AM Chanuka in Philly
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Just came back from performing on a truck for a massive parade in Philadelphia. We were at the head of 300 cards with Menorahs installed on their roofs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT4-No0P8ts

It was done with the T3, as T4s are still unusable with custom beats and samples... waiting for a FIX!!!

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 12-05-2010).]

#300310 - 12/05/10 04:49 AM Re: Chanuka in Philly
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Very nice, Chony. Wish I had the discipline to learn other ethnic styles. Sounds like they'd be fun to play. Out of curiosity, what instruments would normally be used if it were acoustic. When I lived in Philly, I had a few )Greek musician friends (guys I met at U. of P. and International House), and I learned enough to actually sit in with them for a couple of songs at some of the restaurants they played. I always got a rousing applause, I think because of the novelty of it (ME playing Greek music ).

I also like the idea of capturing short video clips, as it better captures the 'feel' of the gig.

chas

#300311 - 12/05/10 07:04 AM Re: Chanuka in Philly
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Great performance, Chony. Hope you get the T4 issues straightened out ASAP.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#300312 - 12/05/10 11:28 PM Re: Chanuka in Philly
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
hi Chony, happy Chanuka & thanks for sharing the video. I also enjoyed watching your other vids on your YouTube page as well. It's great to see & hear your performance energy & enthusiasm. I can only imagine how much even more you must have energized the crowds along the parade route too.

In my Tyros4 test (via Live video Skype with a Tyros4 friend overseas) of attempting to edit a preset style's different style parts, and then re-save it as a user style, I noticed that after calling up that style again later, that only certain style part's volumes mysteriously changed from what they were originally set at when I initially saved the style. Interestingly enough, the style parts which are actually used (utilized) in a given style, 'retain' the volume level I set them at before saving, and it's only the volume levels of the style parts which 'aren't' active (utilized) in a given style variation that mysteriously display different vol levels than they appeared right before the style was saved. That said, because its only the inactive style part volumes that mysteriously change after saving, it doesn't affect the sound of the style, at least from my limited tests with preset styles only. I've not tried this test with custom styles which utilize custom voices, so if this is the case, I hope Yamaha Japan addressees and corrects this problem ASAP.

Chony, thanks again for so diligently documenting your T4 problems and bringing it to the attention of Yamaha and the rest of us and again, Happy Chanuka! - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online