SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#300284 - 12/04/10 03:51 PM Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Forewarning, I can hardly contain my excitement. After spending over a month deliberating between: buying a Tyros4 (feat. new real & brush drum kits, new SA2 voices & new vocal sounds & styles + improved vocal harmonizer), buying a Ketron Audya (feat. outstanding audio drum-instr loops), or simply waiting to see what Korg brings out in 2011 (possibly incorporating M3 sounds and/or Karma functions?), I've finally made my decision. I acknowledge that Audya and Korg PA both have a lot to offer, but weighing the all features most important to me, I keep coming back to the Yamaha Tyros4 with it's user friendly OS familiarity and terrific yamaha aftermarket support: new styles, sounds, user community forums + tons of 3rd party software/utilities,

After a month of watching online Tyros4 YouTube clips, talking to Tyros4 owner friends around the world, and watching & hearing them play their Tyros4 'live' via video skype, I'm well convinced now that Tyros4's a major upgrade from my Tyros2, so ordered a Tyros4 a couple of days ago from my Yamaha dealer Frank ( AudioWorks ) The next day he called me to let me know that his latest T4 shipment just arrived, and that my Tyro4 is already 'on its way' to me via UPS.

I now feel like a little kid counting down the days till Santa arrives. I'll post my impressions & a review once I take delivery of it and had some time playing it.

Scott

#300285 - 12/04/10 04:03 PM Re: Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
zuki Offline

Makes perfect sense to me. Besides, who knows if Korg will have something soon or it'll be any better, etc. I'm sure you'll be one to explore and successfully implement all it offers. Congrats

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#300286 - 12/04/10 04:17 PM Re: Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Scott congatulations!! Nice step up from Tyros2. Better catch up on your rest now.

#300287 - 12/04/10 04:30 PM Re: Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I knew you would take the plunge. Good luck and keep us posted.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#300288 - 12/04/10 04:59 PM Re: Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Scott congatulations!! Nice step up from Tyros2. Better catch up on your rest now.

LOL Steve,

Sounds like what I'm doing these days...countless hours of playing and rehearsing and to bed very late at night

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#300289 - 12/04/10 05:33 PM Re: Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Congrats Scott, it seems you made the "right"decision, since you know how Yamaha keyboards work and the transition will be rather easy for you.

Regarding your choice, so what, you have all the time in the world to check out the new korg wherever it comes out, and if it is superb and fit your needs, i suspect you will have no problem switching brands. it is a win win situation for you.

#300290 - 12/04/10 07:44 PM Re: Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
124 Offline

Congratulations, Scott. There's a lot to be said for staying with an OS that you're familiar with. Other brands always present new features and it's fun to have them, but the downside is a whole new OS to delve into. A comfort zone is a good thing, I reckon.

#300291 - 12/04/10 07:51 PM Re: Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
Beakybird Offline

Yeah, I would say that unless a future Korg absolutely blew the T4 away, it doesn't make sense to switch brands when there is such a learning curve with learning a new OS and creating new registration files.

I'm happy for you, Scott. A little jealous that I might have to wait 4 years before the S range of keyboard catches up to the T4. That's a long time!

Enjoy!

Beakybird

#300292 - 12/04/10 08:33 PM Re: Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
A little jealous that I might have to wait 4 years before the S range of keyboard catches up to the T4.

Interestingly enough, it's not always the top of line Tyros model that always gets the latest feature added first. I believe it was the S900(?) that first got implementation of a few new features.One that (as I recall?) first comes to mind is the S900's ability to call up styles from the USB stick before it got implemented on Tyros2. I know there are a few more, perhaps others here can recall them. Scott

#300293 - 12/04/10 11:39 PM Re: Santa Will be Arriving Early at my House this Year!
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Scott:

I am so happy for you ;o)

I hope very soon, I will catch up with you too!!

Tu amigo....

------------------
mdorantes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online