SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#299291 - 11/13/10 02:26 AM Editing Tyros 4 Styles
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Here is a reply from Yamaha Germany,re the previous post on this issue by Chony.

Here is a reply from Yamaha Germany to my report to them.

Dear Mr

I tried to modify a Style by myself without any problems, and I'm sure, that there's no Firmwareupdate available yet, which makes my T4 different to yours. So I make the following steps.
First select the Style to be changed and open the Style Creator. Than Select the "Groove-Page" and Hit the Main A-Button to Dynamics, Select the Section ALL, so all Style-LED's should be red now. Than press MIXING CONSOLE to make the changes. Close the Mixing Console after editing and press EXECUTE and SAVE. That should work.
I there's still a problem, please send us an "Example-Style", so that we can check it in detail.

Der YAMAHA CUSTOMER SUPPORT ist werktags telefonisch in der Zeit von
9:00 - 17:00 Uhr unter der Telefonnummer +49(0)4101/303343 erreichbar.
Bei Rückfragen via E-Mail, benutzen Sie bitte immer die Antwortfunktion Ihres
E-Mail-Programms oder kopieren sie den gesamten E-Mail-Verlauf in Ihr neues Mail,
damit wir schneller den Hintergrund des Problems erfassen können.

Ihr Yamaha Customer Support
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
i.A.Andreas Läu

I have not yet tried this method but hope, with me, other Tyros4 owners will evaluate this method and post their results.

Gilbert.

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 11-13-2010).]

[This message has been edited by gilbert (edited 11-13-2010).]

#299292 - 11/13/10 03:11 PM Re: Editing Tyros 4 Styles
chony Offline

Loc: New York
I can demonstrate this problem with any style on any T4. If Yamaha Germany wants to contact me I will walk them through the exact process to recreate this problem. I was able to do it with Steve Demming of Yamaha USA, and I can demonstrate it for Yamaha Germany too.

Why is Yamaha so reluctant to admit to these problems? They obviously did not try very hard to recreate the issue.

Just to clarify: The problem only happens on the second time you edit.

Step 1: Make global mixer edits on a few channels (for example change the volume of a few channels)
Step 2: Go into Style Creator and save (you can save in any page you want)
Step 3: Exit and check that the changes have been saved (they have).
Step 4: Change JUST ONE parameter of one channel (for example the volume of BASS)
Step 5: Go into Style Creator and save (on any page).
Step 6: Exit
Step 7: Watch to see how the changes you made in step 1, are no longer there.

I demonstrated this on video, and with every person who has a T4 and contacted me. I understood from Steve Demming that Yamaha was aware on the problem and was working to fix it (no timetable). Now, Yamaha Germany says they couldn't recreate the problem?

This reminds me of Steve Jobs' arrogance in denying the problems with the antennas on the iPhone 4 that everyone (including myself) was able to recreate. (And I am an apple fan - I've owned Apples since the early 90s). It was only once they were reporting it in the news for a week straight that they faced the music, and even then they denied responsibility...

Sad.

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 11-13-2010).]

#299293 - 11/13/10 03:13 PM Re: Editing Tyros 4 Styles
chony Offline

Loc: New York
And what about the other 2 problems I demonstrated? Any response?

#299294 - 11/14/10 12:45 AM Re: Editing Tyros 4 Styles
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Choney,

I have already sent a copy of your original post and

All the Video's,also pertinent post from the Topic plus my own observations to Yamaha Germany,my post was their reply.

The method they suggest does still not make any difference,there is still a fault.

I am assured however that Yamaha UK have made Japan aware of the issue.

Just lets hope for a rapid resolution by Yamaha.

Gilbert.

#299295 - 11/14/10 03:46 PM Re: Editing Tyros 4 Styles
Magali Offline

Loc: FRANCE
Hi all

Probably the manufacturer styles are locked
you may unlock them before
there is a real problem because the T4 take time for responding (one or two bars)not good for users

------------------

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online