SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#299188 - 11/11/10 07:34 AM PA800 - How to improve the sound?
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I was going to ask this in Donny's post, "Even you can do it ..." since there were a couple of people talking about the Korg PA ...
I’ve been using Korg arrangers since the i5M and is5. Since Korg hasn’t offered a module since the i40M, I went to the Ketron Midjay and I really like the realistic accompaniment sounds, especially the drums. Recently, I’ve been using the Ketron Midjay Plus almost exclusively and my 3 year old PA800 less and less. I read a post on another forum, I can’t remember the forum, but I do remember that the author said that the Ketron "live" sound can be achieved with the PA800 with a little work. Is this indeed possible? Does anyone know what I’m trying to say? Is there a specific tutorial that speaks to ‘liven-ing up’ the sound, especially drums? Is it just a matter of EQ? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

#299189 - 11/11/10 02:08 PM Re: PA800 - How to improve the sound?
vangelis Offline

Loc: FLORIDA
Quote:
Originally posted by Jerry T:
I was going to ask this in Donny's post, "Even you can do it ..." since there were a couple of people talking about the Korg PA ...
I’ve been using Korg arrangers since the i5M and is5. Since Korg hasn’t offered a module since the i40M, I went to the Ketron Midjay and I really like the realistic accompaniment sounds, especially the drums. Recently, I’ve been using the Ketron Midjay Plus almost exclusively and my 3 year old PA800 less and less. I read a post on another forum, I can’t remember the forum, but I do remember that the author said that the Ketron "live" sound can be achieved with the PA800 with a little work. Is this indeed possible? Does anyone know what I’m trying to say? Is there a specific tutorial that speaks to ‘liven-ing up’ the sound, especially drums? Is it just a matter of EQ? Thanks.
Ciao,
Jerry

Yes! EQ go into GLOBAL mode and fix the master EQ to on and to your liking but keep in mind that there is a different sound via speakers and different when you play through a PA in stereo, I usually have mine 2-3 on the bass and a few notches 2-3 up on the treble but then again it's how you hear it,I wold also look at the drum kits to EQ them also.

#299190 - 11/11/10 02:47 PM Re: PA800 - How to improve the sound?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Jerry,
My PA2XPRO sound great! very live sounding...but not too much in your face.

Yes I agree with Vangelis...be sure the MSTER EQ is set to ON..then adjust to your liking. It is OFF bt default. It makes a huge difference.
ALSO, under the style play mode menu...mixer tuning you can adjust 3 band EQ for each track.

Of course you can also make chanes in the DSP (effects) per lead tracks and style tracks.

Also, what amp/speakers are you using?

Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 11-11-2010).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online