SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#298884 - 11/08/10 07:26 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
HI Scott

Thanx for the email. I have been wanting to give you a buzz but have been on the fly

Pretty cool iPad setup. May have to consider this some day. As for now I am happy using a laptop on it's side using pdf's. Also have a backwards forwards page turning footswitch.

#298885 - 11/08/10 07:47 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Hi Scott, let me send off an email to Marco and ask about version 4. As I said I am one of the Beta testers, so I may be able to get an answer.

Anything specific you want ask?

Dennis

#298886 - 11/09/10 09:20 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
using a laptop on it's side using pdf's. Also have a backwards forwards page turning footswitch.

Hi Scott. Would be cool to see a shot of your setup.

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I am one of the Beta testers, so I may be able to get an answer. Anything specific you want ask?

Dennis, yes.

It states on the Music Reader website that 'MusicReader for iPad' does NOT support any of the 'advanced features' of Music Reader Mac/Windows version, but may be considered in future . . .

so 'which' features now included in the current 'mac/windows version' of 'MusicReader' are missing from the 'ipad version, and which of these will be implemented in the next new 'ipad version' of MusicReader?

#298887 - 11/09/10 09:37 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Hi Scott:

What a beautiful setup, and nice home too....
That Grand Piano is wauuueeee !!!.. I can see you have good taste.
Kudos my friend. May I ask what digital camera did you used for those pictures?.

Manuel

------------------
mdorantes

#298888 - 11/09/10 10:26 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Scottyee Offline

Canon SD990

#298889 - 11/09/10 10:57 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
It states on the Music Reader website that 'MusicReader for iPad' does NOT support any of the 'advanced features' of Music Reader Mac/Windows version, but may be considered in future . . .

so 'which' features now included in the current 'mac/windows version' of 'MusicReader' are missing from the 'ipad version, and which of these will be implemented in the next new 'ipad version' of MusicReader?

Done. Will let you know when Marco responds..

Dennis

#298890 - 11/09/10 10:17 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Scott

Here's a video of me using my laptop set up. It just looks like a music stand basically from the front, but you will see my usb light for the keyboard. It is very handy. Although last night it looks like my laptop may have crapped out on me. But, I always carry a hardcopy with me which is what I used on one of my weekly gigs tonight.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UklZfiynEM8

Here you will see a pic of what my setup looks like if you scroll down the page. I turn the laptop sideways. I use Pivot Pro to have everything set at 90 degrees so I don't have to tilt my head to see files etc. You can also see the footswitch I use. It's great.

Also, if you scroll to the bottom of the page you will see a testimonial of mine.
http://www.bilila.com/pagescore_turner

Hope I can get my laptop going again otherwise I guess I'll need to get a new one.

I would need a good sized screen for what I do. What is the larges sized iPad screen?

#298891 - 11/10/10 08:28 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
This discussion is very interesting, but way over my head (age related). When I first saw an ipad up close, I remarked that it was the exact size and configuration that I would like to have for lyrics reading - compact and low profile. I had used the Music Pad Pro since it was released and when it started to freeze on occasion; I got an 8” monitor and hooked it up to the VGA connection of the Midjay. Like everyone else, I have trouble with outdoor gigs. Then, I saw that the Ipad offered a VGA connection and got excited only to find out that it is a VGA ‘out’ connection. I was dreaming of using the Ipad as a monitor as well as using the other features and apps you guys have been discussing. I have since been told that the inners of the Ipad most likely won’t allow for a VGA ‘in’ connection. Do you techies think that this could someday be possible with the Ipad (VGA-15 pin ‘in’)?
Ciao,
Jerry

[This message has been edited by Jerry T (edited 11-10-2010).]

#298892 - 11/10/10 12:37 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Scottyee Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jerry T:
[B]I have since been told that the inners of the Ipad most likely won’t allow for a VGA ‘in’ connection. Do you techies think that this could someday be possible with the Ipad (VGA-15 pin ‘in’)?

Jerry, don't know whether the iPad has the potential to support VGA in, but that said, the iPad CAN be used, via the Air Display App , as an external wireless monitor from a Mac or Windows laptop/desktop PC:

Air Display on Video: iPad as External Monitor Video Demo

#298893 - 11/10/10 04:42 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Nothing is impossible ... Got to figure out how to Wi-Fi a Midjay Plus and have the Plus host the required software ... it could happen.
Ciao

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online