SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#298864 - 11/06/10 03:15 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Very nice setup Scott. Is there anything you miss about the Music Pad Pro that you used to use compared with the iPad?

#298865 - 11/06/10 03:46 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Thilo Offline

Loc: Germany
Hi Scott,

very good idea with the iPad and thanx for the pics.

It seems to be the future to show score/lyrics in best way and without searching in thousands of songbooks and single papers.

Thilo.

http://www.youtube.com/ThiloDA
------------------------------

#298866 - 11/06/10 04:23 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Scott, great photos and summary of how you're using the iPad, not sure which I like better all the techie equipment or that Steinway lurking in the background. Do you play the Steinway often? Is that a model B?

BTW, here's a couple of iPad app I'm enjoying, former SZ member Mikey Maestro discovered theses two.

UnrealBook

and another cool app

Multitrack DAW

#298867 - 11/06/10 05:10 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thank you Scott. A few questions:

How do you see the Tyros screen when the ipad is resting on it?

What if you chart is more than one page?

How well does the ipad do in sun light? Hopefully better than the Tyros screen!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#298868 - 11/06/10 06:31 AM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by montunoman:
Thank you Scott. A few questions:

How do you see the Tyros screen when the ipad is resting on it?

!

Another alternative.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/iklip/features/

Jerryghr

[This message has been edited by Jerryghr (edited 11-06-2010).]

#298869 - 11/06/10 12:52 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Jerryghr:
Another alternative.
http://www.ikmultimedia.com/iklip/features/

Jerryghr

That looks really cool! But I also wonder about the display.

I'm sure my coming iPad will spend a lot of time on my S910's music rest (at least the one I keep at home). It looks perfect for sheet music.

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 11-06-2010).]

#298870 - 11/06/10 01:25 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Is there anything you miss about the Music Pad Pro that you used to use compared with the iPad?

Hi Nigel. Yes, the Music Pad's includes dedicated music note & symbol annotation & editing, and it's larger screen size makes it significantly easier to read full piano score music, and to play classical piano pieces (multiple page works with various repeats, codas, etc). The iPad supports multiple page turns with a simple finger swipe/tap right (page forward), swipe/tap left (page back), but the MPP goes farther in being able to 'memorize & store' each successive page turn, allowing you to automatically go from ie: page 1 to 3, back to 2, and then to page 4. I don't know of an iPad app that supports this (yet).

Quote:
Originally posted by montunoman:

1) How do you see the Tyros screen when the iPad is resting on it?

2) What if you chart is more than one page?

3) How well does the ipad do in sun light?

1) You can't. Because all my song-style setups are stored in Yamaha Regs (1-8) I don't need to see the LCD screen while performing a song or song medley. After I complete a song, I can simply lift the iPad off the screen and set it to my side until I need to use it again. Since my core repertoire is memorized and/or played by ear, I only need to call up the iPad occasionally, for songs I'm not very familiar with, or have forgotten lyrics to. Afterall I seriously doubt anybody knows how to play as many songs (over 10,000+_ as I have stored in my iPad digital fakebook & leadsheet collection. In this business, the ability to satisfy an obscure song request can yield an enormous tip. The iPad has paid itself off in circumstances like many times.

2) Easy Peasy. The iPad supports multiple page docs & intuitive page turning with a simple finger-tap/swipe (left or right) on the screen. I think there's a 3rd party foot pedal switch adapter available as well which will allow you to turn pages hand free as well, but I haven't yet found the need for this.

3) I find the outdoor view ability bright & impressive. Though in direct sun , you'll only see a reflective image of your face, without the sun's rays directly hitting the screen, the iPad screen (for both music & text) is impressively bright and easy to read outdoors. This is in contrast to the Tyros2's LCD screen which is totally useless when viewing outdoors even in diffused sunlight.

Jerry: Thanks for your alternative iPad holder link. Looks interesting

Scott

#298871 - 11/06/10 01:36 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:

I'm sure my coming iPad will spend a lot of time on my S910's music rest (at least the one I keep at home). It looks perfect for sheet music.

Lar, congrats on your decision. In addition to music display plus all the cool music apps available, I'm confident you're going to discover many other cool things you can do with your iPad as well. Soon after I got mine, my netbook's been collecting dust on the shelf. Feel free to ask if you have any iPad questions or app recommendations. Steve, myself, or Mikey will be happy to share our opinions.

- Scott

#298872 - 11/06/10 01:38 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Nigel:
Very nice setup Scott. Is there anything you miss about the Music Pad Pro that you used to use compared with the iPad?

Hi Nigel,

I tried to send you a message using your forum address, and it said "Verification failed client host [fatback.sonicftp.com] blocked using Barracuda Reputation;

Is there a problem, or some way around it?

Thanks,

Ian

#298873 - 11/06/10 02:30 PM Re: My Tyros2 + Apple iPad Setup (including Pics!)
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Ron. Great to hear from you. I don't own this iphone app myself, but Text'nDrive $9.99 appears to be what you're looking for. You might want to checkout the FREE lite edition first. Also, here's the developer's website . If you end up getting it, let me know what you think of it, as I may then follow your lead. Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 11-05-2010).]

Hi Scott

What a great app !!! You can listen to your emails while you drive and answer them without taking your hand off the wheel.....

The only thing that it is missing is, you cannot listen to text messages...This would be a "Killer" app if it did both......But I am not complaining, because my goal was to listen and respond to emails while I drive...

I am a volunteer Driver for Childrens Aid and I am on the road a lot so this really works well for me...

Hope this helps
Ron

------------------
createsongstyles.com

newmusicroom.com

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online