SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#298649 - 11/03/10 03:25 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
Tony, Technics was always ahead of the game...just imagine if they were still making arrangers.

The KN-6000 had five octaves...did it have aftertouch as well as velocity?

Ian

It had aftertouch my friend! it was way ahead of its time! I miss my KN 6500

It had such an awesome sequencer as well!

I purchased it when I was young and I didn't have many skills and knowledge in arranger Keyboards. It was one of my first ever keyboards so it wasn't used to its potential at all.

I wish I kept it! I always search for them on ebay but they are so rare!

In fact I prefer KN6500 over the 7000 purely because of the physical layout of the instrument.

Maybe one day I will own one once again

Nick

#298650 - 11/03/10 04:39 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Not as cool to use though. And the company has gone bust as well, so no further improvements/bug fixes. And there are plenty of those.The Music Pad promised so much and delivered so little.

In it's day (circa pre 2005),the MusicPad was cutting edge, as there was nobody else out there producing anything comparable. Freehand Systems was a small startup co that put R&D seed $ from investor profits from the dot.com era to design and produce the MusicPad. Freehand's president had me test & evaluate their pre-production unit. Unfortunately, the dot.com bust, and then the more recent economic collapse affected sales and further R&D refinement. Move on to 2010, and I now feel that the iPad has replaced Freehand to store & disply Digital music. Freehand is now more focused on the software end of digital music. - Scott

#298651 - 11/03/10 05:20 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ianmcnll:
[b] Tony, Technics was always ahead of the game...just imagine if they were still making arrangers.

The KN-6000 had five octaves...did it have aftertouch as well as velocity?

Ian

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:

It had aftertouch my friend! it was way ahead of its time! I miss my KN 6500

It had such an awesome sequencer as well!

I purchased it when I was young and I didn't have many skills and knowledge in arranger Keyboards. It was one of my first ever keyboards so it wasn't used to its potential at all.

I wish I kept it! I always search for them on ebay but they are so rare!

In fact I prefer KN6500 over the 7000 purely because of the physical layout of the instrument.

Maybe one day I will own one once again

Nick[/B]

Yes ... WAY ahead of its time ... if only ... ahhh ... but we can say that about a lot of things can't we ...
I have not even scrathed the surface of what this board can do ...
Nick ... check on the "technics" page here on S-Z ... perhaps someone might be interested in selling one, but doesn't want to put it on ebay ...
t.

[This message has been edited by tony mads usa (edited 11-03-2010).]

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online