SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#298639 - 11/03/10 08:22 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
My issue is with the lack of screen viewability outdoors. Though the recent Kindle e-ink ads attempt to diminish the iPad's outdoor in the direct sunlight view-ability, the iPad's touchscreen screen is far brighter and easier to view and touch navigate outdoors than current arr kb screens.

It's time for the arranger kb manufacturers to consider adding this type of new touch screen technology to their keyboards.

Scott

#298640 - 11/03/10 08:25 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I LOVE the adjustable tilt screen on my 'dinosaur' technics kn6000 ...
t.

#298641 - 11/03/10 09:16 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Dnj Offline

Well people just keep begging....maybe we'll get it when the Chord Sequencer is reintroduced also...

#298642 - 11/03/10 09:25 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I never liked the look of the physical tilt screen on keyboards..I had the EM2000 (tilt screen, with a problematic pixel view) and the G1000 without the tilt screen, but had the more durable screen ..although smaller it was more readable..

The MediaStation would benefit from a tilt or at least adjustable view screen..

I believe the KN2000 has a adjustable tilt built within the flat glass view..

I have found the G70 to be the best readable screen ..even without a tilt..the contrast control allows good visibility from any angle..It also seems to be the best of my boards in sunlight..The Prelude is also decent to see on any angle and in the sunlight too...

Touch screens are a major bonus to me..if you can see the screen..

#298643 - 11/03/10 09:26 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I never liked the look of the physical tilt screen on keyboards..I had the EM2000 (tilt screen, with a problematic pixel view) and the G1000 without the tilt screen, but had the more durable screen ..although smaller it was more readable..

The MediaStation would benefit from a tilt or at least adjustable view screen..

I believe the KN2000 has a adjustable tilt built within the flat glass view..

I have found the G70 to be the best readable screen ..even without a tilt..the contrast control allows good visibility from any angle..It also seems to be the best of my boards in sunlight..The Prelude is also decent to see on any angle and in the sunlight too...

Touch screens are a major bonus to me..if you can see the screen..

I guess it was worth repeating...

[This message has been edited by Fran Carango (edited 11-03-2010).]

#298644 - 11/03/10 10:07 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
I LOVE the adjustable tilt screen on my 'dinosaur' technics kn6000 ...
t.

Tony, Technics was always ahead of the game...just imagine if they were still making arrangers.

The KN-6000 had five octaves...did it have aftertouch as well as velocity?

Ian

#298645 - 11/03/10 11:52 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
On the PA2XPRO...while it would be nice to have a bigger screen, it is adequate.
If you touch one of the track volume spots...you can slide your finger up/down to adj. it.
Or since there is 9 sliders for volume and other things as well..you can at any time just move the slider.
They also have an assignable mode (all 9).
Lee S,

#298646 - 11/03/10 12:27 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Nah more crap to "hook up" wires, etc .. at a gig.....
I wanna get in & out ASAP every day.

Understood... but do you remember what its called? I thinl someone here mentioned using one?

Your point about how displays on KBs has lagged other products is spot on. Can't wait till its 8x10, HD and touch!!

#298647 - 11/03/10 12:29 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
TP123 Offline

Loc: Fla. / Nashville
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
You mean this?
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009959.html

YES!! Thanks and thanks Scott... Looks very cool.

#298648 - 11/03/10 12:33 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by TP123:
YES!! Thanks and thanks Scott... Looks very cool.

Not as cool to use though. And the company has gone bust as well, so no further improvements/bug fixes. And there are plenty of those.

The Music Pad promised so much and delivered so little.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online