SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#298629 - 11/03/10 02:57 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by abacus:
The main 2 reasons are probably:

Cost:
The case has to be made stronger, (To support the hinges) as well as re-designed both electrically and physically.

Sales:
Why would you buy a T4 if you could get most of it (Including a tilt screen) for half the price?

Bill

Two very good points, Bill, and quite likely, very accurate.

And yes, Yamaha watch YPKO more than any other forum (PSR Tutorial is a close second).

Ian

#298630 - 11/03/10 03:02 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I prefer and highly recommend the iPad for music/lyric display now. Great visibility both indoors and outdoors in sunlight. Get the' GoodReader' and/or 'iRealbook' iPad apps and you'll be all set. - Scott

I'm using the iPad with an app called the "Unreal Book" works well. You can create set lists and also bookmark pages from very large pdf files. I also have the Music Pad Pro ( TP123 I think that's what you were referring to).

#298631 - 11/03/10 05:15 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I prefer and highly recommend the iPad for music/lyric display now. Great visibility both indoors and outdoors in sunlight. Get the' GoodReader' and/or 'iRealbook' iPad apps and you'll be all set. - Scott

or you can always memorize your music

#298632 - 11/03/10 06:07 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
or you can always memorize your music

I take a couple of my own fake books and a music stand (with a small light) with me on my restaurant gigs.

No sense knowing how to read music and not taking advantage of it.

I know most of the songs by memory, but it's always nice to have the music, and, if I haven't done a particular song in ages, it's nice to be able to play it accurately.

In the jam band, and for my clinics, I never read music, except occasionally in the latter when first rehearsing a new demo tune I'm not familiar with.

I just like books better...at least so far.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 11-03-2010).]

#298633 - 11/03/10 06:12 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Dnj Offline

as an instrumentalist I can see it...but as a singer that has to look at the audience not so.

#298634 - 11/03/10 06:24 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
as an instrumentalist I can see it...but as a singer that has to look at the audience not so.

You're right...if I was singing, there's no way I'd use books/music...that's when the screen would come in handy...and yes, it could be bigger on all arrangers, not just Yamaha.

Ian

#298635 - 11/03/10 07:27 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Beakybird Offline

I don't care about tilt. But if the whole screen were the size of the center display including the black section .. and it was a high quality touch screen ... and you could use your fingers to slide the mixer and organ flutes up and down instead of having to press up and down buttons repeatedly, this would be an excellent thing.

You would have an 11 1/2" display that could display song lyrics in large letters, and with one touch, you would be brought back to the main menu.

Beakybird

#298636 - 11/03/10 07:31 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
I don't care about tilt. But if the whole screen were the size of the center display including the black section .. and it was a high quality touch screen ... and you could use your fingers to slide the mixer and organ flutes up and down instead of having to press up and down buttons repeatedly, this would be an excellent thing.

You would have an 11 1/2" display that could display song lyrics in large letters, and with one touch, you would be brought back to the main menu.

Beakybird

Doesn't have to be an actual "moving" tilt screen but at least one with more of an
UP Angle & Bigger.

#298637 - 11/03/10 07:58 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
124 Offline

Oops, double post.

[This message has been edited by 124 (edited 11-03-2010).]

#298638 - 11/03/10 07:59 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
124 Offline

I find my Pa1XPro screen is at too shallow an angle, and it would be nice to have angle adjustment as on the 2X.

As Donny mentioned earlier, you never know what lighting conditions you might run into on gigs and too often I've had fluorescent lights overhead in just the right/wrong position. Yes, you can move your rig a few inches either way sometimes, but that's a PITA. An adjustable tilt would solve the problem for sure.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online