SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#298619 - 11/02/10 07:46 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by TP123:
A little OT but...
what is the product called that's like a 8x11 size and like an eBook it can display lyrics and sheet music...someone here posted about it... for that matter what about an iPad?

Nah more crap to "hook up" wires, etc .. at a gig.....
I wanna get in & out ASAP every day.

#298620 - 11/02/10 07:51 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
Is a tilt screen really essential? have you ever not been able to read or view what's on the screen of your PSR?

???? many times like tonight's gig for example blazimg overhead fluorescent lights above almost blinding the screen......I have to keep a book on my unneeded second tier on my Apex stand just to block out the light while performing.....maybe not in your living room but gig every day in different venues with so many lighting conditions & you'll see why you need a tilt display.

#298621 - 11/02/10 08:03 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
The touch screen is superb for entering data.
Much better than all those multi-button pushing iterations to enter text.
And for config/programming it is much better than non-touch screen.
For performance, I want most if not all fnctions also on a button, not just touch screen.
Lee S.

#298622 - 11/02/10 08:55 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Nick G:
Is a tilt screen really essential? have you ever not been able to read or view what's on the screen of your PSR?

I think a keyboard should be nice n slick

Nick

Hi again Nick...Sorry to get your attention this way, but I have sent another three emails with no responses....can you check your junk folder again...Your email YOU sent that originated at your end came through, so maybe send me your ph perhaps?

Dennis

#298623 - 11/02/10 09:56 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by TP123:
A little OT but...
what is the product called that's like a 8x11 size and like an eBook it can display lyrics and sheet music...someone here posted about it... for that matter what about an iPad?

You mean this?
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009959.html

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#298624 - 11/02/10 10:11 PM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
I prefer and highly recommend the iPad for music/lyric display now. Great visibility both indoors and outdoors in sunlight. Get the' GoodReader' and/or 'iRealbook' iPad apps and you'll be all set. - Scott

#298625 - 11/03/10 12:28 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
I prefer and highly recommend the iPad for music/lyric display now. Great visibility both indoors and outdoors in sunlight. Get the' GoodReader' and/or 'iRealbook' iPad apps and you'll be all set. - Scott

I can totally recommend a program called Music Reader, which works on either a PC or Mac OR iPad.

It has many advantages, one for example allows the user to embed a MIDI file within it so it can send data to a keyboard to load a Songbook entry in the Korgs for example, or a User Program in the Rolands..Just use the midi with teh correct CC data.

It alos allows MIDI page turning. You cna set up auto page turning so that the score or chart will properly play da capos, repeats, codas etc etc

And the new version (in beat now) is going to be 100% run as a PDF program.

Well worth having a look at.

I use mine with the Dell XT2 Tablet, which with the screen down is only marginally thicker than the iPad, and is thinner than the Music Pad.

Of course the BIG advantage too, is its a laptop so it can be used for those purposes too?

Dennis

#298626 - 11/03/10 12:30 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
miden Offline

Oh and it also plays MP3's which can also be embedded within the chart file, and can be set to start immediately or wait for user start.

Of course all of these entries can also be linked up in Playlists for gigs.

Dennis

#298627 - 11/03/10 12:50 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
they graced us with a Higher resolution TFF display on the S910.......but it now would be nice to add that to a TILT screen also on the S920..

There is no market for it. That is why Yamaha has not and will not make one.
If you want to get it, do a poll and Yamaha will do what the numbers tell them.
But the answer is No.

------------------
TTG

#298628 - 11/03/10 01:46 AM Re: Why cant we have a TILT display screen on the next Yamaha S series MOTL unit?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
The main 2 reasons are probably:

Cost:
The case has to be made stronger, (To support the hinges) as well as re-designed both electrically and physically.

Sales:
Why would you buy a T4 if you could get most of it (Including a tilt screen) for half the price?

As to the touch screen, if you read on most dedicated Yamaha forums (The ones that Yamaha takes note of) you will see it is still at about 50 50 for this option.

Bill

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online