SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#298394 - 11/01/10 10:41 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Wis Offline

The volumeproblem does not exist as you will see when you read my message in this thread.
When you talk about problems sometimes it will help when you read the solutions.
The movie was incorrect and so were the conclusions .

#298395 - 11/01/10 11:03 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Wis:
The volumeproblem does not exist as you will see when you read my message in this thread.
When you talk about problems sometimes it will help when you read the solutions.

I can't believe I need to argue my point about something that is a proven fact. Wis, I have created hundreds of styles for the Tyros, Tyros 2 and Tyros 3. If there is one thing I am an expert on in Tyros, it is style creation.

You tell me to read your solutions, but it seems you didn't read my previous post, so I will paste it here:

"There are 2 ways to edit a style on a Tyros. The first is to do a global edit. You change the mixer settings outside of the Style Creator, open the Style Creator, and simply save. This saves those mixer settings for every part and variation.

The second way is to do a specific edit on a specific part. To do that, you need to be IN the Style Editor.

This is the way it worked on the Tyros 3, 2 and 1.

In both cases, you NEVER have to press "Execute".

If you had paid more attention to the first half of my video, you would have seen that the first time it worked."

#298396 - 11/01/10 11:13 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
chony Offline

Quote:

And just in case you still want to argue your point, please read the Tyros 4 Owner's Manual, Page 87, number 5, point 2.

In the future do not write condescending posts if you don't know what you're talking about.

#298397 - 11/01/10 11:24 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
jwyvern Offline

Quote:
Maybe the problem is that you enter the style creator after changing the volumes
You have to enter the style creator first and than you can change the volumes of the tracks you want to change.
Than start the style creator with recording drum 1 or drum 2.
After recording something(or nothing)to these tracks you have to save the style as a userstyle and everything should be as you
wanted.
This works on my Tyros3 and I hope it will work again on the Tyros4 which I ordered.

Using Mixing Console to change parameters directly is different. If you check my post you'll see that I found similar to chony on Ty4 using the expected procedure for Mixing Console (and saving as a user style in Style Creator).
And against my gut feel I tried alternative ways of doing it, including loading Style Creator first (also trying Execute since that was suggested too) just because someone else suggested that was the "proper" way to do it. It didn't solve the problem

john

#298398 - 11/01/10 03:42 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
chony Offline

UPDATE:

I spoke to Steve Demming this afternoon. He was a little skeptical at first, but over the phone we were able to recreate the memory loss and style volume control problems on his Tyros 4 as well. We were unable to attempt to recreate the sample problems because he had no samples installed on his board.

So unfortunately this looks like a Yamaha system issue.

I was disappointed to learn from Steve that Yamaha Japan takes its time getting back to Yamaha USA, so I hope these videos are somehow making their way to other countries as well.

#298399 - 11/01/10 04:21 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:

I spoke to Steve Demming this afternoon. He was a little skeptical at first

Chony, I remember feeling the same way when I initially reported to Mr Deming about my Tyros1 USB port flaky un-reliability problem. Unfortunately inconsistent probs like this was difficult to prove, but luckily I was able to convince Yamaha to replace the part, albeit many months later, once I was able to show that other Tyros1 owners had experienced the exact same problem and had their USB port hardware replaced under warranty in their respective Yamaha Country (Germany). That said, I greatly appreciated the expedient repair & turnaround time (and under warranty to boot) Steve Deming and Yamaha USA afforded me.

Chony, thanks to Vid & YouTube, and the worldwide arr forums, your problem should be far more quicker to expedite to Yamaha Japan to get whatever bugs are in Tyros4 corrected, which is a PLUS PLUS not only for you, but the entire Yamaha Tyros4 owner community. Good luck and please KEEP US Posted on developments. Scott

#298400 - 11/01/10 04:42 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Chony...OK,
IMHO, your best bet is to get the folks in UK to push this issue...YPKO Group
I think Yamaha takes care of them pretty well?

Lee S.

#298401 - 11/01/10 06:21 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Let me confuse this issue a bit more, either that or I'm confused.

A short time ago I was at both the tyros4 and the s910. I tried to recreate the problems demonstrated in the video called Style Volume.i had some and very surprising results. Both the Tyros4 and s910 would only maintain the changes to RHY1, RHY2 and BASS when I raised the volumes over their default levels. When I attempted to lower all volumes of RHY1, RHY2 and BASS to zero RHY2 and BASS remained at zero but RHY1 seemed to always default to 100. Is it possible this is by design? I don't usually adjust individual style volumes to lower the settings, its usually to raise them. Each time I raised them they seemed to remain at the higher volumes. Fact is it not only happened in T4 but also on the s910............just to see what happened I tried the same on my CVP 307, pretty much similar results.

#298402 - 11/01/10 07:46 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Chony, I don't own a T4 (yet?) but my T2 requires me to use the Save button in Style Creator 'Assembly Tab', to successfully Save a style. I'm unable to reliably successfully use Save in the 'Basic tab' .

If this is what you're experiencing on T4 too, then perhaps this is simply a longtime frustrating PSR/Tyros OS glitch which has simply never been addressed. Unless or until Yamaha addresses this, simply use the save button in Style Creator 'Assembly Tab'.

Good luck,

Scott

#298403 - 11/01/10 09:41 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
chony Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
simply use the save button in Style Creator 'Assembly Tab'.

Good luck,

Scott

Sorry Scott,

Steve Demming and I tried both ways (from the Assembly and Basic tabs) with the same result.

The problem is that Steve does not know if and how long it will take for Yamaha to address the issue. It seems the Yamaha does not have a great relationship with Yamaha USA.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online