SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#298424 - 11/03/10 11:11 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Chony. I can assure you that your vids are being watched worldwide aleady, including not only the Uk (Ypko folks & Yam UK)) but watched and discussed in Germany as well (Yamaha Germany Forum) as my German Yamaha T4 owner buddy Thilo contacted me today and informed me of this. I trust the quick worldwide publicity your YouTube vids are getting will get Yamaha Japan to get the problem fixed sooner than later. - Scott

#298425 - 11/04/10 03:15 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi Chony. I can assure you that your vids are being watched worldwide aleady, including not only the Uk (Ypko folks & Yam UK)) but watched and discussed in Germany as well (Yamaha Germany Forum) as my German Yamaha T4 owner buddy Thilo contacted me today and informed me of this. I trust the quick worldwide publicity your YouTube vids are getting will get Yamaha Japan to get the problem fixed sooner than later. - Scott

Chony, I would like to add that it would be helpful if you made another video in Japanese. You do speak Japanese, don't you?

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 11-04-2010).]

#298426 - 11/04/10 09:57 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Don't forget to bow first!
:-)
Lee S.

#298427 - 11/04/10 11:22 AM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
Chony, I would like to add that it would be helpful if you made another video in Japanese. You do speak Japanese, don't you?

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 11-04-2010).]

What worries me is that according to YouTube statistics (which are phenomenal tools for monitoring the success and progress of your video), the videos are not being watched in Japan...

I'm assuming that perhaps the keyboard is designed elsewhere? Or is it that Japan just doesn't give a ----.

#298428 - 11/04/10 01:15 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
IMHO,
If some of the YPKO people send in requests to Yamaha for a fix...it will be the best.
Maybe contact them or have Ian do it?
Lee S.

#298429 - 11/04/10 01:22 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
IMHO,
If some of the YPKO people send in requests to Yamaha for a fix...it will be the best.
Maybe contact them or have Ian do it?
Lee S.

I've contacted Yamaha Canada already (sent this thread)...YPKO already knows.

#298430 - 11/04/10 02:03 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
come on people ! get real. The problem was identified this week. Yamaha USA said that they may here back from Yamaha in a week or two !! Just how quickly did you think this problem wouild be looked at ?????

Someone needs to manage your expectations. If yamaha respond and fix the problem in a couple of months then thats quick service by any standards. The faults that have been identified whilst important to you are not critical to the functioning of the keyboard and to probably 98% of the users of the instrument. What yamaha are likely to do is wait afew months to see if there are any other bugs reported and then send an OS update to mop up most of the problems.

Dont be too upset if they dont resolve each and every fault that is reported the week that it is reported !!!

#298431 - 11/04/10 02:12 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
come on people ! get real. The problem was identified this week. Yamaha USA said that they may here back from Yamaha in a week or two !! Just how quickly did you think this problem wouild be looked at ?????

Someone needs to manage your expectations. If yamaha respond and fix the problem in a couple of months then thats quick service by any standards. The faults that have been identified whilst important to you are not critical to the functioning of the keyboard and to probably 98% of the users of the instrument. What yamaha are likely to do is wait afew months to see if there are any other bugs reported and then send an OS update to mop up most of the problems.

Dont be too upset if they dont resolve each and every fault that is reported the week that it is reported !!!

+1 great post spalding.

#298432 - 11/04/10 03:09 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
Beakybird Offline

I agree that Chony might have to manage expectations. Nevertheless, the types of problems he is having are for pretty basic types of functions:

1. Saving a user style and having the levels jump around.
2. Saving a user style and having the file directory disappear.
3. Using a sampled voice and having the volume fluctuate.

I would be pissed off if my keyboard were doing this. Hopefully, Chony can find a workaround while he waits, but I wouldn't characterize these problems as minor.

Don't worry, Yamaha will come through, but it might take a couple of months.

Beakybird

#298433 - 11/04/10 03:35 PM Re: Yamaha Tyros 4 problems demonstrated on video
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
Another problem: The mic preamp and too low output level compared to the keyboard levels.

After adjusting the MIC gain (no distortion) its volume cannot be set high enough, so the keyboard level faders need to be lowered to 80-90.... pretty annoying.

Unfortunately the 'two step' adjustment (both mic input and preamp output) was modified to a one-step configuration.... bad choise, unless an OS update can raise the mic preamp level with 10-15 dB's

Correction: The mic level can be raised with the help of the build-in Compressors and the problem is no problem anymore.

[This message has been edited by kla4 (edited 11-04-2010).]

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online