SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#298224 - 10/30/10 07:15 AM Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
Dnj Offline

Seems like only a few weeks ago that's all you read & heard about Tyros 4 everywhere..........now it seems it has silently slipped under the sheets?.....
what is going on? Do you think Yamaha timed the T4 release just right 3 months before NAMM 2011 & what is coming?

#298225 - 10/30/10 07:51 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
I`m not sure it really ever started !!

As for whats next ?

Probably a new "S" series from Yamaha.

I would like to see Roland come out with a new TOTL arranger , but so would everyone else.

Korg is overdue for something new , synth or arranger , or both.

The Casio CTK & Wk arrangers should be coming , ( youtube link )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xq9i-l6JsGw

I think we need a whole new brand , they all seem to be re-hashing what has been around for years , because it works ?

Or are they unwilling to try something new ?

Me 

#298226 - 10/30/10 07:53 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
I`m not sure it really ever started !!

Ouch!

#298227 - 10/30/10 08:01 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Donny,
No, to the First Question.
Still a lot of customers waiting for theirs.
Still plenty of post still to come but probably more on the Yamaha orientated Forums.
Not forgetting any more problems that may be found,we have already had the polyphony issue.

Also there is concern about the high cost of upgrade from Tyros3 and of course the extra cost of the flash memory.I feel many Tyros 3 owners have had second thought about this upgrade.

Yes to the second.
Many have said the Tyros4 is what the tyros3 should have been and the same goes for the Psr Range I am inclined to agree.

I my self upgraded from the S910 and I am sure I will not regret its a vast improvement in all areas particularly in the realistic and controllable SA voices and keybed.

Gilbert

#298228 - 10/30/10 08:08 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
The T-4 is good , I`m sure , however after owning a T-3 , I have no thoughts of buying a T-4 or 5 , if they come out with one.

Problem is they are out of date even before they hit the drawing board.

No "Firewire" / No HDMI / repetitive styles and sounds.

Stuff you buy to keep to KB interesting that they should give for free.

The internet thing on an instrument IMO is pure gimmick.

Sure , I liked my T-3 for a while , but I don`t miss it.

Would have liked to see a Tyros with speakers ( like the E80 had ).

And it is just way to much plastic for the price.

Right now I`m waiting and hoping there will be something from Roland , buy I`m not holding my breath.

So whats really next ?

I would like to see the "Yammy" _ "S" series get the FSX keybed and plastic buttons , of course that won`t happen.

So I wait...



#298229 - 10/30/10 02:15 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Seems like only a few weeks ago that's all you read & heard about Tyros 4 everywhere..........now it seems it has silently slipped under the sheets?.....
what is going on? Do you think Yamaha timed the T4 release just right 3 months before NAMM 2011 & what is coming?

Donny I think you know my thoughts on Tyros 4. I'm not so sure the excitement died. I've talked with quite a few members of SZ on the phone or via e-mail. And the interest and excitement may have a stopped at SZ but not when talking to Them off the forum. I know I'm enjoying mine I'm just tired of the same BS and badgering of boards whether it be T 4, Audya,
Korg or Roland so Im not posting much. I have been blessed in life although I could never earn a living as some of the fine players here do my career has certainly given me the means to live in a nice home and be able to afford the toys I love. I also know that I have to be grateful for what I have today because life can change in a heartbeat. (and not necessarily for the better). Sorry for preaching. Back to T4 and gearing up for tomorrow's Halloween gig.

#298230 - 10/30/10 02:30 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
Donny I think you know my thoughts on Tyros 4. I'm not so sure the excitement died. I've talked with quite a few members of SZ on the phone or via e-mail. And the interest and excitement may have a stopped at SZ but not when talking to Them off the forum. I know I'm enjoying mine I'm just tired of the same BS and badgering of boards whether it be T 4, Audya,
Korg or Roland so Im not posting much. I have been blessed in life although I could never earn a living as some of the fine players here do my career has certainly given me the means to live in a nice home and be able to afford the toys I love. I also know that I have to be grateful for what I have today because life can change in a heartbeat. (and not necessarily for the better). Sorry for preaching. Back to T4 and gearing up for tomorrow's Halloween gig.

Steve don't let the BS here deter you .....
as we have discussed in private many times, hqack thru the clutter and look for the quality. I am glad to hear the T4 is working out for you & your still "excited" as that was the purpose of my OP....pros & cons make an educated customer. Now go kick some Halloween Butt out here!! I'm out the door myself soon for my sceond H-Gig of the day also Booooooooooooooo!.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-30-2010).]

#298231 - 10/31/10 09:12 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Yeah don't let us get you down Stephen. Even though I'm hard on Yamaha at times I think they make good products that sound good. I keep harping on them to put out a 76 key version (with better Drum Kits, etc.) and Steve Deming made it a point to make those requests known to Yamaha Japan as well. I think I've finally reached my limit on calling Yamaha to the carpet for their continuing dismissal of our requests though. You can only yell so loud and so often to someone with "deaf" ears that won't listen to us.

So there you have it Stephen. Instead of dissing Yamaha I'll make it a point from now on to forgo any more critiquing concerning Yammie's totl arrangers. Not only because we'd hate to see you leave the SZ but also the fact that I'm preaching on deaf ears i.e. Yammie Japan who obviously have their own agenda and are sticking to it apparently. Maybe by Tyros100 they'll finally 'see the light' right? Oops.. sorry.

All the best,
Mike

#298232 - 10/31/10 09:18 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephenm52:
I'm not so sure the excitement died. I've talked with quite a few members of SZ on the phone or via e-mail. And the interest and excitement may have a stopped at SZ but not when talking to Them off the forum. I know I'm enjoying mine I'm just tired of the same BS and badgering of boards whether it be T 4, Audya,
Korg or Roland so Im not posting much.

Well said Steve...I've had many emails about the Tyros4...lots of positive remarks, with few negatives.

I'll keep my review from SZ as well, mainly because of my position with Yamaha (and being a bigger target), but also for the same reasons you stated.

Glad you're enjoying the Tyros4...mine is apparently on the way, so I'll be joining you in the fun shortly.

Ian

#298233 - 10/31/10 07:02 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or?
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny always a pleasure to talk with you.

Mike I share your thoughts on 76 keys would love to see them on the Tyros or PSR line but we both know that's not going to happen so I just roll with 61 and make the best of it. As I've mentioned in older threads they just haven't made that perfect arranger yet and if they did it would have to be called something like YaKorgRol model T4g70pa2x. As a former owner of the. G70, pa2x and now the T4 in my opinion they all rate very high on a scale of 1 to 10. I'd like to own all 3 but that's a bit of over kill. So I use what works best for me.

Ian Im sure you'll enjoy the T 4!

#318925 - 03/10/11 08:55 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: jedi]
casiobot Offline

Roland HAD a semi-TOTL Arranger with REALLY great sounds!

UNCOMPRESSED!!!!!!

Listen here:

http://www.ke-musik.dk/Upload/HtmlArticles/Article1284/index.htm

smile

#318930 - 03/10/11 09:19 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Originally Posted By: Dnj

as we have discussed in private many times, hqack thru the clutter and look for the quality. I am glad to hear the T4 is working out for you & your still "excited" as that was the purpose of my OP....pros & cons make an educated customer.

You have got to start realising that no matter how much you want it to be, Synthzone AIN'T the pinnacle of on-line forums......

It is a tiny droplet on the sea of forums...Just because the few T4 posts here have eased means diddly squat to the rest of the world.

"....It's just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl...year after year..." you know the rest

#318936 - 03/10/11 10:00 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: miden]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: miden
Originally Posted By: Dnj

as we have discussed in private many times, hqack thru the clutter and look for the quality. I am glad to hear the T4 is working out for you & your still "excited" as that was the purpose of my OP....pros & cons make an educated customer.

You have got to start realising that no matter how much you want it to be, Synthzone AIN'T the pinnacle of on-line forums......

It is a tiny droplet on the sea of forums...Just because the few T4 posts here have eased means diddly squat to the rest of the world.

"....It's just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl...year after year..." you know the rest

Never thought of SZ that way Dennis, I thought SZ was the tops, visited by the best of the best, the most experinced, Dennis give use the links to the "creme de la creme" forums and guide us to the light so we can all be much wiser in what little time we have left in the swirling soup! Pray tell us what nuggetts we are all missing in our ignorance.

Have a nice day Dennis

BTW how's the IPDAD

Regards

Tony

Edited by Tony Hughes (03/10/11 10:05 PM)
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#318940 - 03/10/11 10:54 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Go to bed Tony, you're keeping me awake!
DonM

#318944 - 03/11/11 12:28 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: miden]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

Dennis .... you do know you are responding to a posting from 5 months ago doncha??? ... and with 2578 posts I guess you must have decided that Synthzone is relevant enough to keep posting on. The fish bowl must be big enough to warrant it.

#319004 - 03/11/11 11:03 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Nigel, that reference was directed at a couple of bodies that inhabit here..and not necessarily at the forum per se.

All I am saying is that folks should not assume that everything written here amounts to much in the big wide world.

Unfortunately when the big fish in the little pond swims around long enough, they eventually convince themselves that they do all the leading and assume all others must follow.

Synthzone is an okay forum..But it aint that big wink

I mostly come here because one can usually get a chuckle from inane posts by some, the unabashed self-aggrandisement from some that is actually tolerated by others, some interesting (rare) comment and information and by pure chance only, it is in the 4th spot on my favs bar. So I click it in order of succession smile

Also those posts are over a very long period, five years nearly, so with only about 400 odd posts a year, it is not a lot, don't you agree wink

I do not post as much on other forums as there is no need. With so many folks using them, and most with more common-sense,integrity and knowledge displayed than on this forum, one can get pretty much anything required by simply reading.

Over the years I have mentioned/recommended this forum to others that I have chatted with from time to time...they come and visit, but don't stay long. I will not repeat the comments that came back to me, suffice it to say they were not really complimentary.

I must admit I did not notice the posting date, I just read the comments being made.

I did not realise there was a statute of limitations on these. I will bear it in mind.

#319014 - 03/11/11 01:03 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Some threads get so old, you need to carbon date them... wink

#319049 - 03/11/11 09:33 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: miden]
Tony Hughes Offline

Over the years I have mentioned/recommended this forum to others that I have chatted with from time to time...they come and visit, but don't stay long. I will not repeat the comments that came back to me, suffice it to say they were not really complimentary.

Oh,

Come on Dennis please tell us what they said about us all and SZ, hell as long as it's too rude offensive distasteful odious or hateful, I think I could handle it. I suppose we just have to put up with it if we want to stay here, I need to get out more I only have SZ Arranger and SZ Ketron fav buttons, Woe is me.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#319051 - 03/11/11 10:07 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Dnj]
miden Offline

Tony, you really are silly sometimes!!

#319052 - 03/11/11 10:16 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: miden]
Tony Hughes Offline

Dennis,

I've known it for sometime now, glad it's not all the time, that's why I am SZeder

Dennis,

How about this for a deal, if you delete your SZ button, I will delete mine! Thats a promise Dennis and no peeking after.

Edited by Tony Hughes (03/11/11 10:20 PM)

#319055 - 03/11/11 11:50 PM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Dnj]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
We have to remember, the SZ forum is more about the COMPARISON between arrangers, or a general discussion of them, than manufacturer specific information and involvement, As such, for starters, naturally you are going to get fairly partisan coverage from some, and even MORE partisan from others, and maybe a few that simply want to discuss the differences, but compared to a manufacturer or model specific forum, OF COURSE you are going to get more discord and less useful information.

But, if you have a strong enough stomach, and a sense of humor and tolerance, you can find out about MUCH that perhaps you wouldn't find out by sticking to the forums where ONLY people using the same gear as you go to.

Yes, we are a small community. And, if you come here expecting the same 'one mind, one will' cameradie that permeates the one design forums, you are going to get quite a shock. But SZ is an invaluable resource for those willing to look BEYOND what they have decided to purchase, and try to get a feel for how the entire industry is moving re. arrangers.

I go every day to Roland-arranger.com FIRST, and offer any help I can, and gather any new information I can, but then, I come here NEXT. You learn so little in a bubble.... It's worth the discord to find out what's NEW, what's NEXT, what's 'different'.

It's not for the faint of heart. But I wouldn't change a thing....

#319058 - 03/12/11 12:30 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Diki]
Tony Hughes Offline

Diki,

Well put, can I stay please please!

Tony

#319062 - 03/12/11 02:21 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: miden]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Also those posts are over a very long period, five years nearly, so with only about 400 odd posts a year, it is not a lot, don't you agree wink

Ummm .... that's more than one per day for every single day of the year .... yep that is a lot lol don't you think? I don't post that much myself.

I did not realise there was a statute of limitations on these. I will bear it in mind.

LMAO of course there isn't but it is always worth taking the date into account.

This forum is different from other forums because it isn't brand specific and people do compare brands ... and yes that can often be very "entertaining" ... or not. It is what it is. I do understand what you are saying though. And I really am glad you do have the forum on your favs bar. It is always good to read your posts. I have always said people should use ALL resources available to them. Synth Zone isn't just the forums ... the forums is simply just part of Synth Zone. The majority of traffic to Synth Zone doesn't even come to the forums, they are looking at the links pages which of course have links to other forums as well.

Most of the brand specific forums are unused now because all manufacturers do have their own forums now. But that is not how it was back in the 90s. The major manufacturers didn't provide much back then ( no forums, no manuals, no support software ) so Synth Zone filled the void. But I keep those forums because they do have a good history of postings from those years gone. And information is always useful no matter how old.

#319063 - 03/12/11 02:35 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Diki]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Diki
It's not for the faint of heart. But I wouldn't change a thing....

You summed it up perfectly Diki. Thanks so much for that.

#319065 - 03/12/11 03:15 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Tony Hughes]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Diki,

Tony

hmmmmm .... lemme think it over .... Oh OK ... sure thing Tony !!! We have a very ecelectic collection of personalities here but I think that is what makes it interesting. Plus many are either pros or experienced semi-pro so there is much to be learned.

#319074 - 03/12/11 06:29 AM Re: Has the Tyros4 Excitement Already subdued?...or? [Re: Nigel]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: Nigel
Originally Posted By: Tony Hughes
Diki,

Tony

hmmmmm .... lemme think it over .... Oh OK ... sure thing Tony !!! We have a very ecelectic collection of personalities here but I think that is what makes it interesting. Plus many are either pros or experienced semi-pro so there is much to be learned.

Nigel,

You are right I love a bit of fun and you certainly get here on SZ, and like you say a lot of experienced people for us all to learn from, the day you stop learning is the day you die, I still have a pulse just. I mean look at this chap Telmo on the T4, like Steve says he is in his way writing a book on T4 for us all to read, T4 is far from subdued has the thread questions.

Long live SZ Nigel.

Gasp, Gasp, Gasp ---------------------------------------------!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online