SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#297928 - 10/28/10 10:21 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm not sure, Fran--therefore I figured I'd ask Chony. We ALL know you're an impulse buyer!

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#297929 - 10/28/10 10:44 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
chony Offline

Loc: New York
To answer all those asking why I bought the T4 / why I don't return it...

There are a few reasons:

- There is only a $1000 difference between what I'll get when I sell the T3, to what I paid for the T4. Considering I do over 100 gigs a year, most of them weddings, it's not that expensive.

- I don't use the Tyros 4 the way most others do. I use this exclusively as a dance machine. Unfortunately, although Yamaha knows how to do great arrangements, they have no clue how to make dance beats (I'm talking about the under 25 age bracket). I therefore use ONLY my own styles, plus tens of samples. In addition, the majority of my music is ethnic so even if they were good Yamaha's styles don't help me.

- When it comes to dance music, drums are the most important instrument, and if there is a chance that I can improve on that, it's worth a try. Last night, I created 7 new drum kits which are quite good, and I'm sure when I get more serious about it, I'll make even better ones.

- Flash RAM: As a guy who uses tones of samples, having it at your fingertips with almost no load time is a dream.

Why I don't get a Ketron:

- Once again, I play ethnic music and the Western Audio loops don't help me that much.

- I'm told that the Audya is not good for customization and that it is very buggy when making your own styles and samples.

- I demoed the Audya when it came out and couldn't stand the right hand sounds...

#297930 - 10/28/10 11:01 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I'm not sure, Fran--therefore I figured I'd ask Chony. We ALL know you're an impulse buyer!

Gary

Yep..I have always going that route...Buy something and try it the way I want to use it...if it doesn't do the job..offer to someone else....and I do it right, never lose a dime on my deals...and at the same time..I learn a lot more than demo at a store..

I think you would agree, playing on your gear/sound system/venues...is invaluable...and by far the best decision maker..

Heck I even opened a MI store so I could play with all the toys.. ..27 years ago already... ..with freedom the last 7-8 years (closed)..

#297931 - 10/28/10 12:06 PM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Thanks Chony for the reply--clears up some confusion on my part.

Fran, Like I said "We ALL know you're an impulse buyer." Glad you haven't lost a dime on any of those buys. Is that because you buy them wholesale, use the equipment for a couple weeks, then sell them at a discounted price that's less than retail? No one that I know pays street price, or full bore, for used gear. Hmmmm! Maybe there's something I don't know about selling used equipment.

Cheers,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#297932 - 10/28/10 12:41 PM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Fran Carango Offline

Mostly buying right..used or close outs..knowing the market value..and most important..insight to know it is/will still be a desirable purchase for someone..

#297933 - 10/28/10 11:50 PM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Just not sure, with chony's list of what he does and needs, why the PA2Xpro wasn't the right choice...

Excellent sampler, FAR easier to use than the Tyros. Full synth editing. Excellent VH and vocoder. And Korg lead the pack with many ethnic music styles (especially Middle Eastern).

Why NOT Korg, chony?

#297934 - 10/29/10 12:13 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
shim Offline

Loc: USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Just not sure, with chony's list of what he does and needs, why the PA2Xpro wasn't the right choice...

Excellent sampler, FAR easier to use than the Tyros. Full synth editing. Excellent VH and vocoder. And Korg lead the pack with many ethnic music styles (especially Middle Eastern).

Why NOT Korg, chony?

for you info, Chony DOES have a korg. and a pa2x pro at that...

#297935 - 10/29/10 08:54 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Fran Carango Offline

I believe Chony wants to use the most compact keyboard with the durability to last...he does travel a lot and always with his keyboard (Air)...The Korg , most likely too large for traveling..and the PSR s910..not durable enough for travel wear and tear...so he relies on a Tyros..

#297936 - 10/29/10 08:59 AM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Dnj Offline

Chone great website and videos also...
good luck!

http://www.musicbychony.com/Site/Video.html

#297937 - 10/29/10 12:23 PM Re: I need Ketron Audya samples for my T4 (and BONUS T4 Review!!!)
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
The Tyros is only slightly smaller and slightly lighter than the PA2Xpro. I don't see the point... If it MUST be smaller, why not a PA800? At least you would have data compatibility...

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online