Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#297887 - 10/27/10 07:54 PM Re: Tyros 4 in Indianapolis
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Barty,
Maybe when they come in at Sweetwater we could meet up there?
Lee S.

Take videos for us to see

#297888 - 10/27/10 09:14 PM Re: Tyros 4 in Indianapolis
Barty Offline

Loc: Indy
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.

Lee S - yeah that would be cool. I definitely want to check out the board before I make the decision. I can bring my small digital video camera as well to film some stuff for SZ members.

Frank - thank you for the offer. I wish you were closer to me so I could come by your store.

#297889 - 10/27/10 10:19 PM Re: Tyros 4 in Indianapolis
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
For now I'll stick with the hernia maker the Roland G-70.

Don't give up on those exercises. You only save about ten pounds moving to a T4.

You want to give your back a rest, go to the S910. You'd drop 20 lbs. playing that.

#297890 - 10/28/10 10:20 AM Re: Tyros 4 in Indianapolis
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Diki,

I've thought about selling both my Sd-1 and my G-70. The Yamaha S910 does look very good to me although I haven't played one.

I like the fact that there is a huge library of styles available. My favorite styles of music are bigband and swing and Yamaha has very good styles in these areas. I got some converted Korg styles for the G-70 and some of them are very good but as a whole I've been disappointed with the limited number of good styles in these areas on the G-70.

If I went with Yamaha I'd need to get an external harmonizer because theirs sucks and I'm used to how good the G-70 sounds.

Donny thinks Ketron's drums are too in your face but he never used his arranger in a trio situation. When I had my Tyros I HAD to turn up the drum volume so the trumpet and sax could hear it. That is probably still a Yamaha drawback to me.

So for a while I'll continue my bodybuilding program of lifting adult beverages to my mouth and keep the g-70.

Tom

Tom

#297891 - 10/28/10 04:55 PM Re: Tyros 4 in Indianapolis
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Diki,

I've thought about selling both my Sd-1 and my G-70. The Yamaha S910 does look very good to me although I haven't played one.

I like the fact that there is a huge library of styles available. My favorite styles of music are bigband and swing and Yamaha has very good styles in these areas. I got some converted Korg styles for the G-70 and some of them are very good but as a whole I've been disappointed with the limited number of good styles in these areas on the G-70.

If I went with Yamaha I'd need to get an external harmonizer because theirs sucks and I'm used to how good the G-70 sounds.

Donny thinks Ketron's drums are too in your face but he never used his arranger in a trio situation. When I had my Tyros I HAD to turn up the drum volume so the trumpet and sax could hear it. That is probably still a Yamaha drawback to me.

So for a while I'll continue my bodybuilding program of lifting adult beverages to my mouth and keep the g-70.

Tom

And they told me you weren't smart...

#297892 - 10/28/10 11:17 PM Re: Tyros 4 in Indianapolis
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Love those 12 oz. curls... My favorite workout!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online