Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#297405 - 10/26/10 02:08 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Dennis quote.."But on the G70 it IS possible to use a style and a midi file on the same song"

Dennis, can you explain how you are doing this?

I can't but Diki can...here is the link to his article on how to do it at the Roland forum.. http://roland-arranger.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=97&Itemid=56

I have not had time yet to test it out, but it IS coming from a very experienced G70 source

Dennis

#297406 - 10/26/10 02:10 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

. double

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 10-26-2010).]

#297407 - 10/26/10 02:16 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

Original by Donny [/QUOTE]as far as I know you can only do this simultaneously on the Ketron Midjay/Audya.....& possibly the mediastation..[/B][/QUOTE]

It can sorta kinda be done on the MS, as all outputs are live, but requires a LOT of view jumping to be able to control both, so in real-world terms you would have to say no.

The only products I have used that do this easily are the Ketrons. Pity they do not have many other redeeming features

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 10-26-2010).]

#297408 - 10/26/10 02:22 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Original by Donny
as far as I know you can only do this simultaneously on the Ketron Midjay/Audya.....& possibly the mediastation..[/QUOTE]

It can sorta kinda be done on the MS, as all outputs are live, but requires a LOT of view jumping to be able to control both, so in real-world terms you would have to say no.

The only products I have used that do this easily are the Ketrons. Pity they do not have many other redeeming features

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 10-26-2010).][/B][/QUOTE]

Simultaneous modes should be standard on all keyboards.....as should many other features...but to no avail keep the public wanting is how they make money.

#297409 - 10/26/10 02:32 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Simultaneous modes should be standard on all keyboards.....as should many other features...but to no avail keep the public wanting is how they make money.

I 100% agree Donny...It is easily achieved.

Dennis

#297410 - 10/26/10 02:34 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

I would even go so far to say if any manufacturer did a FULL combination of their workstations AND TOTL arrangers, that would be end of the line for all the others, unless they matched it

#297411 - 10/26/10 02:49 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Dnj Offline

Quote:
I would even go so far to say if any manufacturer did a FULL combination of their workstations AND TOTL arrangers, that would be end of the line for all the others, unless they matched it

"Give them just enough where they need me but they dont hate me. ...
and make them keep coming back for more "

#297412 - 10/26/10 11:01 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Trouble is, a newcomer can come in and DESTROY the competition, if he's willing to do it right. While established companies dole out the technology in reluctant dribs and drabs, eking us along like crack addicts, a new company can start up with everything in one go, and all the established manufacturers are scrambling to play catch-up.

That's what Lionstracs SHOULD have done... Bundle TOTL styles, based around a TOTL sound set, make operating the MS easy (hide all the tough stuff in sub-menus) and price it the same as a Tyros. But NOOOOooooo....! They got to come out with something that SUCKS until you fill it with premium content. But there IS no premium content. So it sucks!

So near, and yet so far. Dom has NO IDEA how close he came, and dropped the ball. Who in their right minds would buy a closed arranger, if an open one sounded JUST AS GOOD? The day that happens, sayonara, Yamaha! Hasta la vista, Ketron... So long, Korg!

We sure as hell won't miss your miserly feature improvements, every three or four years!

C'mon.... SOMEBODY get it right!

#297413 - 10/27/10 05:15 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
they got to come out with something that SUCKS until you fill it with premium content. But there IS no premium content. So it sucks!

So near, and yet so far. Dom has NO IDEA how close he came, and dropped the ball. Who in their right minds would buy a closed arranger, if an open one sounded JUST AS GOOD? The day that happens, sayonara, Yamaha! Hasta la vista, Ketron... So long, Korg!
We sure as hell won't miss your miserly feature improvements, every three or four years!

You just can\t anyone credit eh?....as if they care what YOU think...Domenic has done a fine job so far with the Mediastation & as an open "work in progress" it continues to get better little by little. You can make the MS do anything you desire..not everyone needs it to be an "arranger" as it surly can be..it's much more then that. have you ever played one?....
I have a few times.

#297414 - 10/27/10 05:39 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Original by Donny
as far as I know you can only do this simultaneously on the Ketron Midjay/Audya.....& possibly the mediastation..[/QUOTE]

Dennis

[This message has been edited by miden (edited 10-26-2010).][/B][/QUOTE]

Actually..only Yamaha does this effectively...I don't want to mix an MP3 or a SMF..or style ..I want to replace the drum of a sequence and use the arranger drum in it's place....This is what Yamaha can do.....I don't need to mix all of them..I want a simple replace one part of a seq with a part from a style and use the style in real time..

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online