SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#297395 - 10/24/10 02:28 PM Re: Roland Prelude
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

BTW: I know you cannot edit SMF's and save them in Songbook...It will revert back to the original...

I think Dennis mentioned this, but you can indeed edit SMF and save them to songbook. You have to edit through seq mode first and save. However, they can be put in a specific 'list' but have to be accessed via the song mode, vs the style mode. A little bit of an inconvenience, not much.

Man, how sweet it might be to have my 800 and a Prelude - best of 2 worlds, while keeping down costs. I want to get my hands on these Prelude styles while accessing my huge library of Roland styles. I might be contacting you Fran for some guidance....

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#297396 - 10/24/10 02:29 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

Loc: The World
But its okay, I have found that all it takes is a little bit more pre-planning and I am finding I can work with the 144 limit.

I find the other playing characteristics of the G70 far outweigh this one small issue

As I said to Diki recently, I had forgotten how good the G70 was to actually PLAY!!!

Dennis

#297397 - 10/24/10 02:36 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
I think Dennis mentioned this, but you can indeed edit SMF and save them to songbook. You have to edit through seq mode first and save. However, they can be put in a specific 'list' but have to be accessed via the song mode, vs the style mode. A little bit of an inconvenience, not much.

Man, how sweet it might be to have my 800 and a Prelude - best of 2 worlds, while keeping down costs. I want to get my hands on these Prelude styles while accessing my huge library of Roland styles. I might be contacting you Fran for some guidance....

But to add to this Zuki, when accessed from the Songbook, the Korg automatically puts the keyboard into the correct mode without any player intervention.

I do know that on the Prelude you cannot play an MP3 AND a style/midi at the same time, so there is no real difference there.

But on the G70 it IS possible to use a style and a midi file on the same song

The UPG system is also very useful if you want to have different beats for the same song. Green Dolphin street for example.

On mine I have one UPG set for the latin, and then below it I have the swing. Selecting is easy and so quick there is no discernible timing change at all. It just smoothly flows. Cool feature I reckon

Dennis

#297398 - 10/24/10 02:42 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:

Zuki heres a Tip go play the Prelude somewhere before you make a purchase.... ....so now are you gonna carry two KBs to NH gigs?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-24-2010).]

#297399 - 10/24/10 02:44 PM Re: Roland Prelude
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Zuki heres a Tip go play the Prelude somewhere before you make a purchase....so now are you gonna carry two KBs to NH gigs?

A good suggestion, Donny. I played the GW-8 and it was underwhelming...not bad, mind you, just not impressive.

Ian

#297400 - 10/24/10 04:22 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
There is no way a first time player of a Prelude can learn enough to understand what a great keyboard it is.....No 1 or 2 hour demo is going to work...If you are a Roland user..it still will need time to get a handle of the Prelude..Once you know the instrument..it is hard to not use it..even with 61 keys...

How good is it...I am seriously thinking of using the G70 and Prelude together..

Jim you can carry a PA800 and a 17 pound Prelude (under one arm)..

You have to spend time with it to understand it..I seen Donny struggle to try and figure it out..even thought it is simple to use....Patience is a virtue..

#297401 - 10/24/10 05:38 PM Re: Roland Prelude
miden Offline

Quote:
There is no way a first time player of a Prelude can learn enough to understand what a great keyboard it is.....No 1 or 2 hour demo is going to work...If you are a Roland user..it still will need time to get a handle of the Prelude..Once you know the instrument..it is hard to not use it..even with 61 keys...

How good is it...I am seriously thinking of using the G70 and Prelude together..

Jim you can carry a PA800 and a 17 pound Prelude (under one arm)..

You have to spend time with it to understand it..I seen Donny struggle to try and figure it out..even thought it is simple to use....Patience is a virtue..

Yes Fran I totally agree. The GW8/Prelude are not as easy as you would think. Once familiar they are pretty straightforward. So I too would recommend Zuki take one home for a day or so.

Dennis

#297402 - 10/26/10 01:29 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Fran Carango Offline

Dennis quote.."But on the G70 it IS possible to use a style and a midi file on the same song"

Dennis, can you explain how you are doing this?

#297403 - 10/26/10 01:31 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Fran Carango Offline

Dennis quote.."But on the G70 it IS possible to use a style and a midi file on the same song"

Dennis, can you explain how you are doing this?

Are you just referring to a User Program containing both or using them together..

#297404 - 10/26/10 01:58 PM Re: Roland Prelude
Dnj Offline

Quote:
as far as I know you can only do this simultaneously on the Ketron Midjay/Audya.....& possibly the mediastation..

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online