SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#297219 - 10/22/10 08:35 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
talk talk talk.....

until someone can show us all I dont buy it.......besides there are many choices for 76 keys on the market already ......you have many choices whats the problem?

all you so called "piano players" have no real idea to really Play an arranger anyway....keep wishing, it only tells Yamaha NOT to make a 76.

meanwhile I'm off to a 61 double gig today ....BYE

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-22-2010).]

Donny, no one even mentioned Yamaha in this post...we are talking about established already manufactured 76 keyboards...how else could we state we prefer 76....Tyros4 model with 76 isn't a option..and when they do make one..and it still sounds like a Tyros3...I still won't want one...See what you did... You made me bring up the Tyros 76 again...and I don't even want to discuss it or hear about one...

#297220 - 10/22/10 08:42 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Tyros4 model with 76 isn't a option..and when they do make one..and it still sounds like a Tyros3...I still won't want one...

Don't worry...you won't get one.

Of course, you won't get one by Roland either, so hold on to your Jurassic edition.

Ian

#297221 - 10/22/10 08:42 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Donny,

It is not BS!

OK...here is just one example:
Starting at 1:40
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1PBtR7B3XQ&feature=related

I think it was your own post?

Also, anything orchestral needs more than 61, with splits and/or just the range of the instruments.

Lee S.

#297222 - 10/22/10 08:47 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
So this is why you are the arranger player you are today.

Ian

Ian..nope..my choice to use an arranger keyboard...it is the most versatile keyboard to own/play..not because it has auto backing ( a great feature)..but it allows you to do anything on it..sequence..play live piano (at least a 76 key can)...play left hand bass with multiple right hand sounds and a great drum machine to boot (arranger OFF)...and anything in between or combination..

Song ideas flow easily and quickly compared to "workstations"...

You will never see me without an arranger keyboard again......and it will always have 76 keys..

BTW: my accordion is over 150 key/button..

#297223 - 10/22/10 08:47 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Donny,

Also, anything orchestral needs more than 61, with splits and/or just the range of the instruments.

Lee S.

Do you play that kind of stuff, Lee?

Ian

#297224 - 10/22/10 08:58 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Ian..nope..my choice to use an arranger keyboard...it is the most versatile keyboard to own/play.BTW: my accordion is over 150 key/button..

Yes I understand.

Quote:
Trained accordion players are always great players..

That is the reason you are the player you are today. Right?

Ian

#297225 - 10/22/10 09:41 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
Fran Carango Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
That is the reason you are the player you are today. Right?

Ian

Yes, a former accordion player that can play any chord in any key...or scales in any key...
A player that cam improvise in any key..

A player that can read charts and play in real time..

A player that has the command of circles of 4ths and 5ths (Bass buttons were a great learning tool}..

A player that can keep time without a drum pattern or meter..

A player that can appreciate and play the great songs from the 40's and 50's..and know that today's music doesn't compare...

Now do you understand why trained accordionist are great players..

and Yes, why I am the player I am today..even with my diminishing skills (becoming lazy because of arranger keyboards)..

#297226 - 10/22/10 09:51 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Yes, a former accordion player that can play any chord in any key...or scales in any key...
A player that cam improvise in any key..

A player that can read charts and play in real time..

A player that has the command of circles of 4ths and 5ths (Bass buttons were a great learning tool}..

A player that can keep time without a drum pattern or meter..

A player that can appreciate and play the great songs from the 40's and 50's..and know that today's music doesn't compare...

Now do you understand why trained accordionist are great players..

and Yes, why I am the player I am today..even with my diminishing skills (becoming lazy because of arranger keyboards)..

Thanks Fran...I understand completely.

That's why I still play piano and, lately, some Hammond B-3...arrangers can tend to make us lazy.

But, they sure are a lot of fun...and, are a great way to solo gig.

I should be able to retire at 130.

Ian

#297227 - 10/22/10 10:02 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
Fran Carango Offline

Thinking about accordion players..I was just thinking about the best "keyboard players" I have personally known...and my top ten were all accordion players at some point...

Several of these players went on to be great keyboard players other then accordion..

I would say my all time favorite players (acquaintances)..the top 3 were accordion only players...followed closely by players that went onto piano and organ..

The two former accordion to organ players I knew..were as good as anyone I have heard..John DeCarlo and Roger Pense..
Mr Pense was my grandmother's neighbor, and I started to listen to him in my pre teens..He was a master on the Hammond..
Mr DeCarlo was at the Hammond dealer I worked in the mid 60's ...These guys played effortlessly on the Hammond..

The absolute best keyboard player was my accordion teacher in my 5th year of study (17 years old)..James Wood was the most amazing player on accordion...He played with some great trios over the years (Bucky Harris Trio)..and had the respect of many other gifted players...

I know of at least 4 other great accordion players that were Jimmy Wood students..

I have 2 other close friends that still play accordion with great accomplishment...

Too bad accordion is not getting any respect in teaching schools..it is a great way to study music and theory..

#297228 - 10/22/10 10:12 AM Re: ot/....funny change of pace........instead of wishing for a 76...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
61 arrangers might make you lazy... A 76 arranger still allows you to play FULL keyboard parts so your chops don't atrophy...

But, all that aside, it is completely obvious that, even for 61 players who are already satisfied with what they have, the idea of a 76 is FASCINATING! They are utterly incapable of not talking about it, that's for sure. Anyone notice, it's always the 61 players that START all the threads on 76's, include the idea in their topic titles, and simply can't give it up...

Maybe there's something they can't admit, even to themselves? After all, if they were SO happy with what they have, why bother to post on a thread about something they don't even WANT? Or start threads over and over and over about the issue..? You see ME start all these threads..?

Didn't think so..!

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online