SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#297036 - 10/20/10 03:24 AM Re: Dom this is how it's done
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
As the B4 VST has been discontinued (Except for Wersi OAS7 instruments) I find the best clone for a computer is the VB3 http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=24 although with the editing available with Vintage Organs, (It has many advantages as it is a Kontakt Instrument) you can get it to sound as close as you want.

Bill

#297037 - 10/20/10 07:29 AM Re: Dom this is how it's done
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Joesax,
My wife wants to know if you have a CD we can buy?
Thanks,
Lee S.

[This message has been edited by leeboy (edited 10-19-2010).]

Lee:

Yes I do have a CD that I produced myself. I freely distribute it so check your email and send me your address. You can also check out almost all the tracks at:
www.myspace.com/jfrtunes

joe
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

#297038 - 10/21/10 12:04 AM Re: Dom this is how it's done
Anonymous
Unregistered

Joe, great job this is the kind of music that I enjoy listening to, and playing.

I would like to say however, as a fellow arranger player, I find that most, not all of us tend to play our instruments with the lead voice just a little too loud and out of balance for the listener. I really enjoyed your performance and songwriting skills, but I think that the lead voice overpowers (piano/sax) the track. There is a preset balance that, unless we change it ourselves that all arrangers tend to put "out front" that sometimes just isn't right.

I applaud your efforts as they were very very good, so don't take this wrong, as it is only my obsevation.

I like the sound of the Tyros and it fits very well with you style of songwriting and playing.

I have a roland G-70 and I have found that I usally have to quiet down the lead so as not overpower the style.

Having said all that I really enjoyed you playing and hope to hear more soon.

#297039 - 10/21/10 06:57 AM Re: Dom this is how it's done
Joesax Offline

Loc: Southern New Jersey
ScottC:

Thanks for listening and for your suggestions. I actually arranged the tracks with the lead voice forward. I guess it's a subjective thing. I always thought that most arranger demos I heard had the style too loud and too busy. I usually turn a few style channels off and add some reverb to open up the lead voice so that it is not too dry. But I can understand your point of view and will give your suggestion a try.

joe

[This message has been edited by Joesax (edited 10-21-2010).]

[This message has been edited by Joesax (edited 10-21-2010).]
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online