SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#296868 - 10/15/10 04:16 PM Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
Dnj Offline

or?........I would definitly use ONLY Stereo if I had a Tyros 4 to really get the most out of it.....I think it's an injustice to use a Mono system with this fantastic instrument. Maybe two Bose units would be a dream sound.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-15-2010).]

#296869 - 10/15/10 07:22 PM Re: Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I'll let you know ..... When I get my T4

[This message has been edited by JCkeeys (edited 10-16-2010).]

#296870 - 10/15/10 07:38 PM Re: Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Since we use the Tyros to generate Minus One MP3 Netbook tracks for my wife's gigs and she uses the Bose Mod II system the answer is a resounding ......"You Betcha"

Everyone hears the same exact thing at the same time regardless of whether sitting or standing on the extreme right or left....Nothing but net...
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#296871 - 10/16/10 08:09 AM Re: Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
It depends... If it was for home use, I'd like some nice studio monitors. If it was for playing out a single Bose would do OK. but it really depends on what kind of volume, music, and venues your playing at.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#296872 - 10/16/10 08:16 AM Re: Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
My feeling on this is that playing in mono is almost the same as listening to the world around you with one finger stuffed in your ear.

You were born with two ears to hear in stereo, anything less than that is just not natural.

Everyone I know who loves the bose system now has a pair. They too at one point believed one system was all they would ever need, but there's just no getting away from the fact that stereo just sounds natural where mono does not.

Regards
James.

#296873 - 10/16/10 08:31 AM Re: Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
My feeling on this is that playing in mono is almost the same as listening to the world around you with one finger stuffed in your ear.

You were born with two ears to hear in stereo, anything less than that is just not natural.

Everyone I know who loves the bose system now has a pair. They too at one point believed one system was all they would ever need, but there's just no getting away from the fact that stereo just sounds natural where mono does not.

Regards
James.

James I agree totally!! great analogy.

#296874 - 10/16/10 08:54 AM Re: Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by montunoman:
It depends... If it was for home use, I'd like some nice studio monitors. If it was for playing out a single Bose would do OK. but it really depends on what kind of volume, music, and venues your playing at.

Why would you want your audience when you play out to hear less then the best sound?

#296875 - 10/16/10 09:07 AM Re: Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
JCkeeys Offline

Loc: St. James,New York,USA
I have two Bose Compacts. Although the "Cost" may be prohibitive to some the "Wow" factor and ease of transport is a no brainer to get stereo results.

#296876 - 10/16/10 09:18 AM Re: Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I used a pair of Bose L1's for several months...absolutly astonishing stereo sound, and a very useful stereo seperation.

Yamaha insists that I use a stereo system for my demos and clinics...I use a Yamaha Stagepas 500 or 300.

Stereo also lets any voices with stereo dependent effects, sound as they were meant to sound.

Ian

#296877 - 10/16/10 09:30 AM Re: Will you sacrifice the great STEREO Tyros 4 sound using just a MONO Bose unit?.
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:

Regards
James.

The flaw with this "analogy" is in life you are ALWAYS in the "sweet spot"

In a room the "sweet spot is about 10% of listeners in the rear... Given a choice people prefer to hear crystal clear music that sounds the same no matter where they are sitting...Not a right mix heavy sound on one side and a left mix on the left side..Anyone who pans drums will find a drum fill getting louder or quieter in the mix and with a little mud as the far part comes to them off the back wall milliseconds later.

Major showrooms and concert halls are mixed in mono for a reason. Now if you play in a room no larger than 50X50 and everyone is front and center Stereo has a pleasing quality mono cannot match.

Any bigger and something will be missing to 90% of the listeners and phase issues will be an issue with reflections.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online