SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#296777 - 10/15/10 06:20 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi,
Longtime lurker here - don't usually have time to post but this is my fav forum - even with the (mild) bickering. I guess it worked, I'm posting! I have a PA2X and Tyros2. Thought about selling the Tyros for a couple of years, but always seem to go back to it. Both have features I like. Tyros 4 sounds great but I'm still learning my old keyboards. Thanks for the time.

Skip

#296778 - 10/15/10 07:14 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks for sharing, Skip.

People don't attack me because I don't ask for it. Most of it comes from guys that have been sniping for year and seem to enjoy it.
Bernie

#296779 - 10/15/10 07:17 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
Unless he asks for the unspeakable, 76 keys.
LOL

Ha Ha Ha...yep, but even then I'd never say anything unless it's to respond to the constant harping and the hijacking of threads with that same old demand that gets to mostly everyone after a while.

Ian

#296780 - 10/15/10 07:27 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire:
By the way, I've got a better car than you, a better house than you and I'm much richer than you.
Believe that and you will believe anything.

Alan

I'm so poor that the mice have left.

Ian

#296781 - 10/15/10 07:39 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
truberto Offline

Loc: Goodyear, AZ, USA
I'm fairly new to the forum - was recommended by a fellow Motifator forum member. My mid-life crisis is taking many forms, one of them wanting to play live again. I am in the metro Phoenix area and know quite a few resort owners and managers. I am selling my Motif XS8 and upgrading to the XF8. Since I'll be playing in lounges with a singer, I thought it would be nice to add an arranger so I don't have to program every song on the Motif and/or Cubase. Debating between a Tyros 4 and an Audya - and if I go the Audya route, between the 4 and 5. Do I want another keyboard? Not sure, the Audya 4 module is appealing. And now for the point of this post - this forum rocks. Needless to say there is quite a bit to read on the Tyros vs. Audya front, as well as the Audya 4 vs. 5 issue. I may be new and a light-poster, but I'm guessing there are many like me who truly appreciate the shared knowledge and will contribute more as we gain experience. A tip of the hat to the members of Synthzone.

#296782 - 10/15/10 08:26 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Warning! Lurkers beware..!

Say anything negative against Yamaha, you WILL be attacked! Say anything negative about Ketron, Roland or Korg, those same 'attackers' will join in and help you!

All you have to do is voice THEIR opinion, and you will be fine...

#296783 - 10/15/10 09:11 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
It's great to hear some new voices. I only attack my friends, at least most of the time.
My late friend HankB "the Lurker" didn't post for years until we finally got him to "come out". He became a valuable contributor and I'm sure most of the non-posters would be.
Sticks and stones may break your bones, etc.
DonM

#296784 - 10/16/10 03:05 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
to the genesys Offline

Well I would like to personally thank the Lurkers who took the time to post in this thread. Its OK if you want to go back to lurking but it is always good for people to know that there are others viewing this forum other than the regular posters.

I know when some of the regulars start their bickering it could be discouraging to post, but don’t let that stop you. You can start a new thread and give your opinion and views in a none confrontational way and always try to not stoop to the level of those who would try to bring you down.

I hope to hear from some more Lurkers and none posters in the futures.

Sincerely,

------------------
TTG

#296785 - 10/16/10 03:28 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by truberto:
I'm fairly new to the forum - was recommended by a fellow Motifator forum member. My mid-life crisis is taking many forms, one of them wanting to play live again. I am in the metro Phoenix area and know quite a few resort owners and managers. I am selling my Motif XS8 and upgrading to the XF8. Since I'll be playing in lounges with a singer, I thought it would be nice to add an arranger so I don't have to program every song on the Motif and/or Cubase. Debating between a Tyros 4 and an Audya - and if I go the Audya route, between the 4 and 5. Do I want another keyboard? Not sure, the Audya 4 module is appealing. And now for the point of this post - this forum rocks. Needless to say there is quite a bit to read on the Tyros vs. Audya front, as well as the Audya 4 vs. 5 issue. I may be new and a light-poster, but I'm guessing there are many like me who truly appreciate the shared knowledge and will contribute more as we gain experience. A tip of the hat to the members of Synthzone.

Hi Truberto. It was me that invited you over to the forum. I was wondering if you would be brave enough to show up after the recent posts that have appeared on the forum. Glad you spoke up.

As for the question you asked on Motifator , you need to ask it here.
start another thread and address it to Dikki or abacus James or Miden. They should be able to help.

Have you tried the Tyros yet ? You wont be disappointed with the range of things you can do with an arranger that simply are not possible on a true workstation.

#296786 - 10/16/10 04:17 AM Re: This one is for all the LURKERS
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Sapphire:
I,m sure you would,nt Ian and thank you for that but there are many who would.
It seems that everyone would rather come to this forum and throw rocks at each other. So whats the point of posting at all.

There are a few trouble makers, Alan, but most of us here are non confrontational, and quite easy to get along with.

There are also those who keep asking the same questions over and over, hoping to get an answer that matches the one they think is correct...they are harmless for the most part, and actually give the forum an illusion of activity.

I hope to see you post again.

Ian

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online