SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#296701 - 10/20/10 03:49 PM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
Dnj Offline

So Charly right out of the box what how would you describe the differences between the T3/T4.....was it worth the upgrade.....?

#296702 - 10/20/10 04:13 PM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by arranger_yes_pc_no:

would you say that it's very important to be in the San Francisco Bay Area?

Definitely! I love this place. I'm a native Californian afterall.

Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
He wouldn't take one from me but is coming over this weekend to check out my Tyros4. I think I have a keyboard lurker here.................. -charley

Hi Charley, thanks for the positively refreshing ending to bring this thread back to arr keyboards & music, and away from divisive comments raised imo to simply and 'for no other reason' to incite conflict & divert attention away from the originally intended thread topic. Charley, in addition to your Tyros4 feedback, I'd be interested to learn if Tyros4 &/or arranger keyboards (in general) wins over your UPS deliveryman (kb musician?) too. Scott

Scott Yee Entertainment

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-20-2010).]

#296703 - 10/21/10 09:50 AM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
mr9000 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
House seems very poor in contrast to the Tyros.

I reckon it time to pop in another slice of peach flavoured trident gum,something sticks like the cats ass's litter box..total low blow in the nuggies area!

#296704 - 10/21/10 10:59 AM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
I think oppologies are in order for that terrible comment about his furniture...

It would be nice to think before posting?

Lee S.

I agree Lee I think it was disgusting to even mention it, how about lets see his freaking furniture, snobby B........d.
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#296705 - 10/21/10 06:03 PM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
For those who have asked...................

Yes, I immediately noticed a sonic difference with Tyros4. I was playing my Tyros3 when the new board was delivered, I set them up side by side with the MS02 speakers on Tyros3 and MS04 speakers on Tyros4. The Tyros4 was noticeably crisper and each instrument in the accompianment had better definition. The stereo effect seemed wider and even softer instruments were heard in the mix. Later I want to try the MS04's on Tyros3 to see if the speakers are an improvement.

I only use the MS02's as monitors the few times each year I play out. Normally my Tyros's are hooked up to my Onkyo receiver thru KLH 15" tower speakers. Upon connecting Tyros4 I immediately noticed how much more treble was coming from Tyros4 than tyros3 ever did. I turned down the high frequencies on the receiver for now. Later I want to fiddle with Tyros4's EQ and Compressor settings.

As for the sounds.........I love "some" of the vocal voices. The choir voices are lovely. The vocal backgrounds in the Beach Boys Styles are awesome. Some of the vocals in some 50s styles are very nice too. However.....Most of the "scat" and doo-wop stuff drives me nuts!! I didn't like them in the demos and can't stand them now. I hear a lot of folks asked for those voices and Yamaha complied, but they are not for me! Big deal.........There's a lot of voices on Tyros2 and 3 I never liked either. There's plenty of new voices that make up for thes I dislike. I LOVE the new Guitars. The new SA violins are superb. The Xylophone and Sweet Vibrophone aren't even SA voices and they sound wonderful. The most realistic I've heard. Did I mention the guitars are excellent? hehe.......
I like most of the new strings. They are very sensitive to your keyboard technique and it takes some concentration to keep them sounding real in a long musical passage. Many of the voices are this way. I might want to check the touch settings, but I kinda like them the way they are now. I like the piano's, but I never had a real problem with the ones on Tyros3. I guess I'm not a piano man..............

All in all I'm happy I bought this board, but I am a Yamaha fan for 35 years so I am not disappointed. I gonna be having lots of fun revoicing older styles and midi's I have from older boards. I've already started revoicing some of those god-awful Doo-wop voices out of the onboard styles. They're very easy to remove. I also noticed that Yamaha more carefully chose right hand voices 2 and 3. Even if only voice 1 is turned on, you can turn it off and use voice 2 and/or 3 and the voice is well chosen for the style and best yet........the volume is set right too. I always disliked this on Tyros2 and 3.

Well.........enough praise for a Yamaha product here. I wouldn't want to be banned! Thanks for asking. -charley

#296706 - 10/21/10 06:12 PM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
Dnj Offline

Charley nice review of the T4......
do you sing? if so how is the new VH2?

enjoy

#296707 - 10/21/10 06:39 PM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
No I don't sing..............but I still want to try out the new VA2. I think I can coax some co-workers to sing at upcoming parties at work. I nees to get familiar with it. It was only a toy on Tyros2 and 3 to me. I've read that VA2 can help a bad singer sound good? We'll see.........-charley

I almost forgot. My Tyros3 is listed on eBay. Lots of email questions today, but no bids yet.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260680971456&_trksid=p2762.l1259

#296708 - 10/21/10 07:00 PM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
Beakybird Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
For those who have asked...................

Yes, I immediately noticed a sonic difference with Tyros4. I was playing my Tyros3 when the new board was delivered, I set them up side by side with the MS02 speakers on Tyros3 and MS04 speakers on Tyros4. The Tyros4 was noticeably crisper and each instrument in the accompianment had better definition. The stereo effect seemed wider and even softer instruments were heard in the mix. Later I want to try the MS04's on Tyros3 to see if the speakers are an improvement.

I only use the MS02's as monitors the few times each year I play out. Normally my Tyros's are hooked up to my Onkyo receiver thru KLH 15" tower speakers. Upon connecting Tyros4 I immediately noticed how much more treble was coming from Tyros4 than tyros3 ever did. I turned down the high frequencies on the receiver for now. Later I want to fiddle with Tyros4's EQ and Compressor settings.

As for the sounds.........I love "some" of the vocal voices. The choir voices are lovely. The vocal backgrounds in the Beach Boys Styles are awesome. Some of the vocals in some 50s styles are very nice too. However.....Most of the "scat" and doo-wop stuff drives me nuts!! I didn't like them in the demos and can't stand them now. I hear a lot of folks asked for those voices and Yamaha complied, but they are not for me! Big deal.........There's a lot of voices on Tyros2 and 3 I never liked either. There's plenty of new voices that make up for thes I dislike. I LOVE the new Guitars. The new SA violins are superb. The Xylophone and Sweet Vibrophone aren't even SA voices and they sound wonderful. The most realistic I've heard. Did I mention the guitars are excellent? hehe.......
I like most of the new strings. They are very sensitive to your keyboard technique and it takes some concentration to keep them sounding real in a long musical passage. Many of the voices are this way. I might want to check the touch settings, but I kinda like them the way they are now. I like the piano's, but I never had a real problem with the ones on Tyros3. I guess I'm not a piano man..............

All in all I'm happy I bought this board, but I am a Yamaha fan for 35 years so I am not disappointed. I gonna be having lots of fun revoicing older styles and midi's I have from older boards. I've already started revoicing some of those god-awful Doo-wop voices out of the onboard styles. They're very easy to remove. I also noticed that Yamaha more carefully chose right hand voices 2 and 3. Even if only voice 1 is turned on, you can turn it off and use voice 2 and/or 3 and the voice is well chosen for the style and best yet........the volume is set right too. I always disliked this on Tyros2 and 3.

Well.........enough praise for a Yamaha product here. I wouldn't want to be banned! Thanks for asking. -charley

I heard the Real brush drum demo. How is the "Real" regular kit?

Thanks for the revue!

I hope the successor to the S910 doesn't have the overcompressed sound that more than a handful of people who've played the T3 have made complaints about.

I guess I'm interested in hearing about the T4, because it is a harbinger of what I'll get on my mid-range keyboard in 5-6 years. Hopefully, the successor to the S910 will get the improved vocalizer which is long overdue - the same vocalizer as the one on the PSR2000, PSR2100, PSR3000, and PSR-S900. By the time that keyboard comes out it will be 10 years that the midrange keyboard has the same vocalizer.

Beakybird

#296709 - 10/21/10 07:02 PM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Charley,

Great review. I knew you would among the early birds getting a T4, and from all the demos I've watched, I was sure you would love what you heard.

Great to hear from you old friend, and if I get back to your neighborhood next year I'll be sure to stop by.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#296710 - 10/22/10 03:11 AM Re: Ken's Tyros4 Unboxing Excitement !
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Quote:
Originally posted by mr9000:
I reckon it time to pop in another slice of peach flavoured trident gum,something sticks like the cats ass's litter box..total low blow in the nuggies area!

You may be right, can't deny it, but see my comment a few posts above. I get to talk about the guy's furniture, you get to talk about my bad mouth. Since we are "exposed" in a public forum, these things happen.

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online