SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#296505 - 10/12/10 10:21 AM AUDYA 5 DEMOS
Dnj Offline

#296506 - 10/12/10 10:23 AM Re: AUDYA 5 DEMOS
Dnj Offline

I gotta say the Audya Tico Tico demo Drums are AWESOME especially the Fills OMG!!!!!!!!!

#296507 - 10/12/10 12:23 PM Re: AUDYA 5 DEMOS
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Donny I have to agree totally...Those Audya drums on Tico, wow..Pretty damn hot! The fills and little "accidental" rim hits, you CAN tell its a drummer recording it hey.

I know you have the Yammie, but man it was no comparison...At the intro, I thought ooh this might be good, and then it settled into the main var, and it was all a let-down

Dennis

#296508 - 10/12/10 01:28 PM Re: AUDYA 5 DEMOS
Dnj Offline

Dennis if you look at my other Audya post some styles sounds great & then some really song awful....that's what is holding me back from pulling the trigger on Aydya.....
My S910 might have that in your face drum thing...but all else is really terrific and well balanced....and gets each gig done day after day, night after night...so the trade off is well worth it ....I will wait, Im in no rush...

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-12-2010).]

#296509 - 10/12/10 01:58 PM Re: AUDYA 5 DEMOS
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Yes, I agree I did listen to the other demos, I found most of them pretty good. You are right there were a couple that sounded a little....hmmm, not "quite there" but on the whole pretty good.

Mind you I quite like the Yammies as well

Tweaking audio is a cinch to get a more lively drum sound on the Yammie, its just some, and only some, of the drum SAMPLES that Yammie are using seem to be the same as what was on the T1 and T2, not to mention the PSR3000 which I also had for a while, and so sound a bit dated...The newer samples are fine.

Dennis

#296510 - 10/12/10 03:06 PM Re: AUDYA 5 DEMOS
Dnj Offline

Does anyone know if the Audya Big Band styles heard here are the same ones from the oldr models, sd1/sd5/ etc...or newly created for Audya?..

#296511 - 10/13/10 11:27 AM Re: AUDYA 5 DEMOS
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I don't think anyone can realistically expect EVERY style in any arranger to be ALL good. Especially as what even MAKES a style 'good' varies so radically from player to player.

All one can realistically ask for is CONSISTENCY...

And I definitely hear that with Yamaha styles.

I guess a lot depends on whether you want SOME styles ridiculously better than others, and some styles a bit ho-hum (and hopefully, your taste is to the styles that are the best), or you are prepared that ALL the styles be just a LITTLE ho-hum, with nothing that stands head and shoulders past the rest, but nothing that sucks compared to the rest...

I have to confess, I'm more into consistency, myself, or at least into nice easy editing tools so that you can achieve that consistency yourself without a boatload of work...

#296512 - 10/13/10 01:41 PM Re: AUDYA 5 DEMOS
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
I don't think anyone can realistically expect EVERY style in any arranger to be ALL good. Especially as what even MAKES a style 'good' varies so radically from player to player.

All one can realistically ask for is CONSISTENCY...

And I definitely hear that with Yamaha styles.

I guess a lot depends on whether you want SOME styles ridiculously better than others, and some styles a bit ho-hum (and hopefully, your taste is to the styles that are the best), or you are prepared that ALL the styles be just a LITTLE ho-hum, with nothing that stands head and shoulders past the rest, but nothing that sucks compared to the rest...

I have to confess, I'm more into consistency, myself, or at least into nice easy editing tools so that you can achieve that consistency yourself without a boatload of work...

so surpise us all dump your 2 g70s and buy a Tyros 4...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online