SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#296176 - 10/09/10 09:02 AM Recording questions
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I would like to do some recording with my Tyros 2, vocals, acoustic percusion, sax,trumpet and acoustic bass. My friend lent me his Tascam multitrack digital recorder(portastudio 2488) It has 16 tracks and has midi in and out.

My first question: is it possilbe to assign a seperate track to each part that the Tyros is playing?

After recording the whole tune with the Tyros, I'd like to delete some of the Tyros tracks and add some of the acoustic instruments.

Second question: Can the TC Harmony M harmonize vocals when over dubing? It seems like I'd have to recodring vocals at the same time that I'm playing the keyboard since the Harmony Responds to what being played on the keyboard not what has been recorded, correct?

Well, any sugestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#296177 - 10/09/10 11:40 AM Re: Recording questions
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
As long as you can sync the Tyros's MIDI clock to the Tascam (or vice versa, though that's usually trickier), you can simply make multiple passes recording each track soloed in the Tyros sequencer (presumably, you are going to make an SMF of your Tyros performance and edit it before recording?) to separate tracks (or stereo tracks if stereo sounds and effects)...

And, check with a Yamaha guru for a definitive answer, but if you set up the TC to respond to any MIDI channel, set it so it sees the MIDI track of what you played on the keyboard Chord Recognition side, and it ought to track just fine during overdubs.

You ought to be able to set up the Tascam to output the recorded final vocal soloed, send that to the VH, and then record the VH voices ONLY back to the Tascam, too, so you can get the phrasing right before you take it to the VH.

Hope this helps.

#296178 - 10/10/10 08:27 AM Re: Recording questions
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Thank you Diki, for your informative reply. I'm glad your here!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#296179 - 10/10/10 04:42 PM Re: Recording questions
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
BTW, make a point of adding a couple of bars of silence to the beginning of the SMF you have made of the arranger's output. It helps everything to sync up right and send all the sound codes and effects codes, etc., BEFORE the music actually starts...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online