Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#296134 - 10/10/10 02:07 PM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Hughes:
Vagro,

That’s the flight deck of the "STAR SHIP ENTERPRISE" hope it doesn’t all fall over on you! How many Kilowatts per hour does it all use.

Yeah my dream when I was a kid... and still now I guess... Remember Vangelis before the MIDI era? I like many buttons and levers because I play on the fly, never made too much programming yet since I don't know where the music will be taking me.

How many Kiloatts? When you hear about a big black out down here in South America think of me!

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#296135 - 10/10/10 03:09 PM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
If I were to take that attitude then in your book I should feel robbed that I had to buy an OASYS as well as the Meidastation.

I really don't think you truly get anything I've just said above. It's almost like it's unacceptable to you to own more than one keyboard if you own a Meidastation...............

Note to all...

Just so there's clarity here, my comments are related to ME being utterly content with my sound for the first time ever. I'm not in anyway telling people to go buy an OASYS and a Mediastation and that YOU will then have the best setup for YOU.

We are all very different and we all have very different needs when it comes to our music.

Trying to have it both ways, James...?

Yes, FOR ME (and for what is probably a pretty large percentage of live gigging arranger users) a one keyboard setup is a fairly important part of our equipment decision process. And I get enough flack from most of them for using just ONE keyboard that weighs less than EITHER of your choices..!

Given that the MS was SUPPOSED to be an arranger, still has the arranger software in it from the original release (with updates), it is still fair to talk about it in arranger terms. Having to buy a REAL arranger to make it work is totally unacceptable. From the very beginning, I have always said I 'get it'... I understand the POTENTIAL of the open arranger. If, in any real PRACTICAL sense of the word, it offered the ease and convenience of a modern TOTL closed arranger, it would be a complete no-brainer because of how much FURTHER you could take it.

But, after so much back and forth between us, and many other open arranger evangelists, well, first of all, your admittance that you would be happy as you are now in arranger terms with a PA2Xpro and an MS, all I can hear here is a frank and total admission that, after you promised us that you were working on making the MS into as good an arranger as a closed one, you have pretty much given up on that pipedream.

As, to be frank, pretty much ALL the posters here on this forum that kept telling us the same thing must have done so too. We, as per usual, are certainly not hearing any music done in arranger mode on an MS that proves otherwise. Or, for that matter, proves us right..! The MS... the quietest arranger in the world!

I know it bugs the hell out of you whenever I try to inject a note of reality into the proceedings, but this IS an arranger forum. You post that you are happy linking two workstations together, but get mad when it is pointed out that ONE of them was sold to us as an arranger, and still, years later, sucks! If you want the happy reception of your news, it is likely you would get it posting this on a workstation forum...

I am happy you like your sound. I am happy you like linking the Oasys and the MS. I really am....

But I'm an arranger player. If I want to go and talk about WS's, and VSTi players, and stuff like that, I'll go to a WS forum. I am pretty sure, were I to post there how happy I was with a product that was SUPPOSED to be a great WS but turned out to suck, and was, in fact, a MUCH better arranger, it would get the reception it DESERVED on the WS forum! And complaining that the rest of them just didn't get it would get me the reception I deserve!

#296136 - 10/11/10 07:51 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Bachus Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LIONSTRACS:
MAYBE I will also release the qranger 5 for the normally PC linux desktop user, where they will be able to compose new audio styles and share the embedded session file out of the box.

This could help a lot, tough it would even help more if it was released for the Windows desktop user, or even the MAC desktop user.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#296137 - 10/11/10 08:07 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Magica Alfa Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
I want to share my enjoyment with you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLq4x6D6Jqc

In this video I only play my arrangers and synth. The MS links the usb input/output from all the devices via Jack ALSA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6qw50Kk1-U

In this video I use simultaneously:
In the upper keyboard: 3 strings from the pa500, 3 edirol strings and 7 layers combi orchestral sounds from the Korg Tr, the latest regulated by an independent volume pedal.
In the middle keyboard: and edirol bass flute and Psr s900 strings with harrmony effect. Later on an Edirol clarinet.
In the lower keyboard Psr's strings and Pa500 choir.
In the pedalboard a Psr string.

The style is from the Pa500.

Note: In the video when I change the bass flute for a clarinet the vibrato (activated by the aftertouch sensor) remains too loud for the clarinet, uuups!

Vagro nice setup.

Nice video.

#296138 - 10/11/10 11:36 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
vagro Offline

Thank you Magic Alfa.

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#296139 - 10/11/10 11:44 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
+1 Great videos.

James

#296140 - 10/11/10 12:06 PM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
+1 Great videos.

James

Thank you James

#296141 - 10/11/10 12:54 PM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Vagro,
Looks like you have added on to the space shuttle cockit you had before... :-)

Nice work, I enjoyd them and the Music Orchestra improv as well.
I am going kind of that direction too...but stopping at 2 manuals & pedals.
I will add a PC as well for various things.

I basically want to creat a Stagea ++.
Since I can' buy one.

It will all be arrange based as that't what I like.

Either a T4 or a PA3X.

Lee S.

#296142 - 10/11/10 01:33 PM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
vagro Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Vagro,
Looks like you have added on to the space shuttle cockit you had before... :-)

Nice work, I enjoyd them and the Music Orchestra improv as well.
I am going kind of that direction too...but stopping at 2 manuals & pedals.
I will add a PC as well for various things.

I basically want to creat a Stagea ++.
Since I can' buy one.

It will all be arrange based as that't what I like.

Either a T4 or a PA3X.

Lee S.

Lee when I imagined this "organ" I never planned three manuals. It was a technical matter what made me add the middle manual because I needed loose keys to fit in between the controller and the arranger unless I opened up and took apart the keys what I refused to do.
If you have the chance I recommend you search a double octave pedalboard, but I remember you already have a Pk5 pedal like me.

My main idea was also the Stagea I couldn't buy. I imitated its legs with an iron platform. I'm still working very slowly on the design of the iron stand for the MS and Psr that keep standing in front of me. There's also some work to do to create a better wooden cabinet on the sides and between the middle and upper manuals but I'm afraid by the time I finish this I will be changing one of the keyboards

If you include a Tyros4 or a Pa3x you'll own a "monster" organ and I sure want to see that . I can only suggest you that the Yamaha is ready to be used like an organ using the pedals (on bass note Midi reception) but the Korg is a better controller for other functions.

Count on me for your design.

Victor

#296143 - 10/11/10 02:05 PM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Victor,
OK, thanks for the input...I think I will also build a custom cabinet. My good friend next door is a cabinet maker and has his shop. The MIDI stuff I eat for lunch...the Musical stuff is where I'm trying to learn.

I actually beleuve once I get this thing built..it may be better than the Stagea..in some ways. Even though if the MIDI is good on a stagea..if I could get one...that's what I would do. Have you watched most of the Stagea you-tube videos?? Un freeking believable! They must have some sequence files they als use for some of the parts. Maye some audio as well...hard to tell. But they do play MOST of it. We can do the same!

As to pedals...I think I will sell my PK-5.
I would like 2 octives...have you found a 20-25 pedal MIDI unit that is good??

Lee S.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online