SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#296124 - 10/09/10 10:34 PM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Tony, comments like that don't help when they are not true.

How much I paid is not important either as I've written and given away for free a computer prgoarm for managing content and creating system files for Lionstracs products.

If Lionstracs were to hire me to do that work, it would have cost many times the price of a keyboard. I've done a lot more than that too, so I've paid in more ways than one.

Regards
James.

James,

It doesn't matter to me either, it's personal and I shouldn't have said it but I think it was in the public domain. I don't personally like people bashing when you have done so much for the product, much more than anyone else would have done or for that matter could do. You know what I mean, and I have more respect for you than take a pop at you.

Regards
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#296125 - 10/10/10 12:00 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Bachus Offline

While for James this setup might be ideal..

For others it won't, because they want the best styles available performing straight out of the Box.
Because they want to use Ableton live as their main sequencer. BEcause they want full controll over the buttons and sliders of their open system.

I could see a setup of Oasys/Audya4/Openlabs Dbeat come close for those people.

Needles to say i personally am still a big fan of the Lionstracs vision. But other people that are more intoo arrangers and playing straight out of the box might be served better with another setup. The setup i described would give them Audya styles combined with the best hardware synth and all the possibilities of Software without having a PC onstage. (I know, that a Dbeat is a really well disguised PC, but it looks more like a module then a PC)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#296126 - 10/10/10 12:31 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
LIONSTRACS Offline

Loc: Italy
Well...after some fight with Norbert ( live-styler and Live-arranger developer)on next OS 5.0 we will remove this all windows arranger features.
this also because the Live-Arranger is still FULL of bugs, will startup with 5 windows/wine external ojbect ( normally must be only ONE, like the all others windows applications) that cause about always lost TCP connection on my OS.
I started again to invest money on the new Qranger 5, Rui Capella ( Qtractor developer) is working on new qranger for resolve and adding the all features request on a great arranger engine.
The Deal is to rework the all chords maps ( developed dirty from one germany company)optimizing the audio-midi Sync for the Chords audio tracks and finally the Embedded ZIP session file style.
The Embedded ZIP session mean that qranger can ZIP the all media data ( wav, Midi, Mp3...)used for the style on one ZIP file and also to move this embedded ZIP style to any other file path location.
I Think when Rui release the new Qranger 5, finally more people will be happy, because they can just copy the new ZIP session file and play, like out of the box.
Tastenpoit have already on the box 200 audio styles
You can hear one example on tastefestival live show at 4.40: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0z43pdNTKo
With qranger 5 available, 7 Groove guys are now ready to develope native audio-Midi styles and then, this all new audio styles will be available for Free download from my web store.

MAYBE I will also release the qranger 5 for the normally PC linux desktop user, where they will be able to compose new audio styles and share the embedded session file out of the box.

#296127 - 10/10/10 04:52 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Tony.

My only concern with comments like that is it might portray that I've been paid off in some way when that's not the case. I hide nothing and I'm a straight up guy.

So no worries, I just was nervous people would take things up wrong as it happens quite a lot here.

Regards
James

#296128 - 10/10/10 05:11 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Irishacts Offline

Note to all...

Just so there's clarity here, my comments are related to ME being utterly content with my sound for the first time ever. I'm not in anyway telling people to go buy an OASYS and a Mediastation and that YOU will then have the best setup for YOU.

We are all very different and we all have very different needs when it comes to our music.

My comments about a PA2X and Meidastation are again personal, as in if I were an Arranger user I'd find the same level of content in a system like that too because I know how deep the Pa2X is and how advanced the midi implementation is to interface with the Mediastation.

Current closed technology has it's limitations. Some people are happy with that as they will not even scratch the surface of what they have already. I'm not one of those people. I have for a long time always wanted more and it's only now that I'm truly happy as I have the sound of the OASYS and the features of the Meidastation. This combination gives me total freedom to do everything I'm able to think of. Now the limitation is ME. This is something I've not experienced in a very long time and it feels good. I can once again push myself to do better.

As for everyone else. Well the reason why I'm telling you how I feel is that if you are like me and you find that you still want more from current closed technology and are unable to satisfy your needs, then maybe you should be looking at something like the Groove.

If you read what I've been saying, from an investment point and the fact that it technically has no limitations, its about the only show in town that can take you to new places these days.

Free you mind....!!!!!
There is no spoon. (PS go see the Matrix and you will understand that one )

Regards
James

#296129 - 10/10/10 05:31 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Irishacts Offline

Hi leeboy.

Quote:
Please tell us..how do you use the 2 keyboards together...or better yet..how would I use a PA2XPRO with the Mediastation...I'm not sure where your comming from.

Sure... on the OASYS first, I can use the OASYS as the Master keyboard as it's midi implementation is very advanced and the keyboards controllers can be mapped to control anything on any CC.

In addition to that, the OASYS has the larger screen, and a complete Sequencer that has a 16 Track HDR integrated. So with a little midi magic I can use the one sequencer to control both keyboards, and I have the controls of the Mediastation and OASYS all being recorded under the sequnecer.

I can route the Mediastation into the OASYS and use the deep effect engine of the OASYS too.

The OASYS limitations revolve around the fact that it has no ability to run VSTi's nor does it support one single sample format currently in development. It also can't stream sample data.

So the mediastation running as a salve off the sequencer of the OASYS gives me total integration of both systems. Running both together, there are no limitations. I can run VSTi's, load massive Giga Libraries, and still access the different synth engines of the OASYS all at the same time.

I can even run combinations of the two systems on a track by track basis and have a mixture of the two in any configuration I require.

IF..... I were an arranger user then all the above still applies. You can take my words and just replace Sequencer with Arranger.

The Pa2X midi implementation is also very advanced and there's nothing stopping anyone from selecting a style and hearing both a Lionstracs keyboard and a Pa2X perform the parts.

The possibilities are only limited by your imagination. I find that very exciting... VS...take what Yamaha are doing with the Tyros range. To them an incremental upgrade warrants the price of a new keyboard. Lionstracs attitude is the polar opposite of Yamaha. With Lionstracs the attitude is anything is possible and it won't cost you the price of a new keyboard each time. In fact if the last 6 years are anything to go by it won't cost you a single cent as the OS updates were free.

So not only is it technically unlimited, it's also one of the best investments around that will be with you for a very long time.

My 2 cents.
James.

#296130 - 10/10/10 08:27 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi Tony.

My only concern with comments like that is it might portray that I've been paid off in some way when that's not the case. I hide nothing and I'm a straight up guy.

So no worries, I just was nervous people would take things up wrong as it happens quite a lot here.

Regards
James

I understand James, I know that whatever you do you are bloody good at and an all rounder too, if you sold KBs I would buy one from you, you are held in high regard on SZ.

Cheers Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#296131 - 10/10/10 08:31 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
James,
OK, I uderstnd now where you are comming from.

It's food for thouht at least...I have MIDI's up my Kurz and also a Yamaha sound moduel to th PA, And I have done the same to my PC Based E-MU 1820M with vSti's as well.

Works OK..but takes a lot of time for setup/balancing/etc. OK for studio. No so much for live if you have to cart it around.

Oe down side is that the PA2XPRO, while a heck of a lot better than the Tyros does not send MIDI for all the physical controls.
It is ot near the mastercontroller te OASYSY is.

Lee S.

#296132 - 10/10/10 11:53 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
vagro Offline

Loc: Argentina
I want to share my enjoyment with you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLq4x6D6Jqc

In this video I only play my arrangers and synth. The MS links the usb input/output from all the devices via Jack ALSA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6qw50Kk1-U

In this video I use simultaneously:
In the upper keyboard: 3 strings from the pa500, 3 edirol strings and 7 layers combi orchestral sounds from the Korg Tr, the latest regulated by an independent volume pedal.
In the middle keyboard: and edirol bass flute and Psr s900 strings with harrmony effect. Later on an Edirol clarinet.
In the lower keyboard Psr's strings and Pa500 choir.
In the pedalboard a Psr string.

The style is from the Pa500.

Note: In the video when I change the bass flute for a clarinet the vibrato (activated by the aftertouch sensor) remains too loud for the clarinet, uuups!

Korg Pa3x 61 - Mediastation X76 - Yamaha Psr s900 - Korg Tr61 - Roland PK5A - NanoKontrol - Ensoniq SQ1 - Yamaha D85 organ

#296133 - 10/10/10 11:59 AM Re: OASYS + Mediastation = The Future Now
Tony Hughes Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by vagro:
I want to share my enjoyment with you:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLq4x6D6Jqc

In this video I only play my arrangers and synth. The MS links the usb input/output from all the devices via Jack ALSA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6qw50Kk1-U

In this video I use simultaneously:
In the upper keyboard: 3 strings from the pa500, 3 edirol strings and 7 layers combi orchestral sounds from the Korg Tr, the latest regulated by an independent volume pedal.
In the middle keyboard: and edirol bass flute and Psr s900 strings with harrmony effect. Later on an Edirol clarinet.
In the lower keyboard Psr's strings and Pa500 choir.
In the pedalboard a Psr string.

The style is from the Pa500.

Note: In the video when I change the bass flute for a clarinet the vibrato (activated by the aftertouch sensor) remains too loud for the clarinet, uuups!

Vagro,

That’s the flight deck of the "STAR SHIP ENTERPRISE" hope it doesn’t all fall over on you! How many Kilowatts per hour does it all use.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online