SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 34 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295836 - 10/14/10 02:20 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?

NO!

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#295837 - 10/14/10 02:44 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
tino1 Offline

Loc: san jose ca 95127 usa
Even 100 keys : NO , NO , NO ...
Only 61 keys + good drum & bass : Yes , Yes , Yes .

#295838 - 10/14/10 09:17 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Dnj Offline

so the majority here says NO !

very interesting.

#295839 - 10/14/10 09:47 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

very interesting.

That's exactly how Bush was elected in 2000.

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#295840 - 10/14/10 10:03 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

very interesting.

Yes because they don't want a keyboard that is heavy and weighs alot. No different to the objection to Yamaha having a sampler on an arranger because people thought it would make the arranger too complecated. But the T3 and T4 have a sampler and people are buying them the same way.

------------------
TTG

#295841 - 10/15/10 09:41 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This is how polls can be used to say ANYTHING...

The question was NOT asked 'would you like a 76 arranger from Yamaha?' or 'if Yamaha made a 76 arranger, would you buy one?' or 'would you be interested in Yamaha making a 76 (even if you are not sure whether it would be better than your current 76)?'

No, you phrase the question so that it will reflect what you want to hear. For instance, you could ask ANYONE here 'Would you buy the most expensive arranger if a very good alternative existed at under half the price?' and get the answer 'NO!'... In fact, the very poser of the original question would say that..!

But, instead, you ask one VERY focused question, and extrapolate the answer to a MUCH bigger question from that. And that, my friends, is sheer voodoo economics. Or, as Mark Twain would have said, 'Lies, damn lies, and statistics!'

But claiming a straw poll on a very precise question proves any fact whatsoever, well, I remind you of the straw poll we had a while ago about how many here played 76's.. From that thread ALONE, it was possible to 'prove' that MOST of us did! An obvious fallacy... Pointed out to us by the very same people using THIS thread as 'proof' of THEIR point

Baby steps, Yamaha.... baby steps. Personally, why not test the waters with a 76 PSR910, and find out what the market is before you leap in with a 76 T4? I know I would buy one... But leap into the fray with ONLY a 76 TOTL, well, if it doesn't take off like a rocket, odds are Yamaha will go ANOTHER ten to fifteen years before they revisit the question They have already PROVED that 76 arrangers sell (DGX, YPG, NP-80v) as long as they aren't TOTL ones. So, how about just a GOOD MOTL one?

So, you see, were the question rephrased 'Would you buy a Yamaha 76?', well, first off, all the YPG, DGX and NP-80v players would HAVE to say yes , and then the MUCH larger numbers that wouldn't buy ANY TOTL arranger, 76 or otherwise, would be able to join in, too.

And then your 'proof' might evaporate... or at least be a more representative answer.

#295842 - 10/15/10 09:44 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada

#295843 - 10/15/10 10:01 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Let me get this straight... If Yamaha decides to cancel 61-keys arrangers in favor of 76 keys, would all of you Yamaha guys stop buying Yamaha? If you're so set against a 76-key arranger it does seem that way.

Taike

------------------
Bo pen nyang.

#295844 - 10/15/10 10:14 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
No wonder we don't get any DGX, YPG or NP-80v players posting here much... seems like the Yamaha PSR users are intimidating them from admitting they exist...

#295845 - 10/15/10 10:32 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Taike:
If you're so set against a 76-key arranger it does seem that way.

Taike

Taike, no one is set against them making a 76 (at least I'm not)..it's just that this same discussion took place after each Tyros was introduced...in fact the discussions were even longer.

Yet, each new Tyros was 5 octaves.

Two Yamaha reps also confirmed that the Tyros would remain at 5 octaves...one was talking to Diki, and the other to KingFrog.

Of course, no company is required to give reasons why they do, or do not, make a certain type of product, but, they did make it clear that their marketing research showed that a 76 note arranger wasn't worth the effort...the segment is too small.

The company obviously said, "No", or we'd be seeing a Tyros4 with 76 keys.

Just to be clear...I have sent in a request for 76 keys many times...I also directed Yamaha people to this forum, and to the discussions regarding 76 keys.

Will there be a Tyros5 with 76 keys?

Who knows?

The earlier discussions here, after the Tyros, T2, T3 etc, obviously have had no bearing on what's going to be made...and I seriously doubt this one will either...it's the same small bunch over and over, and many of them don't want a Yamaha no matter what number of keys it has...they don't like the Yamaha sound and want that changed too.

What I find amusing is all the "arm chair amateur marketing" geniuses that somehow think they know more than the marketing mavens of a very successful company.

Ian

Page 8 of 34 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online