SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 12 of 34 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 33 34 >
Topic Options
#295876 - 10/16/10 08:33 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
What took you so long?
That is what I have been trying to tell you.
The sounds and styles of Yamaha TOTL arrangers are good. If they were not do you think I will be spending time on trying to get Yamaha to make a good 76 key arranger?

After all I am the owner of a very poor arranger in the Motif xs 76. So it is not that Yamaha is trying to get a new customer.
The DGX although 76 keys is also a very poor arranger just like the Motif xs 76. So that is why I want Yamaha to make a good 76 key arranger.

Well Genny, I'll put extra effort into informing/reminding the people I'm working for, about the increasing interest in 76 note arranger...preferably in the PSR-Series line.

They will look here on SZ and see just how many want a 76-note PSR, or Tyros.

If the numbers look good, I'm sure they'll give it every consideration.

Thanks again for your support.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-16-2010).]

#295877 - 10/16/10 09:18 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
Actually Diki, no-one that I have noticed, has actually apologised for anything, so unless you are using that to somehow inject a derogatory sneer to whomever it is directed, then it really does not apply, just my "read" of course and maybe I am misunderstanding you ..

Same as that term "fanboy", keeps reminding me of eunuchs you saw in the early 50's and 60's movies set in the middle east. Standing over the Sultan waving these huge feather fans

Dennis

Apologized, excused, whatever... It certainly seems a lot of fanboys are going out of their way to try and find a REASON for Yamaha's decision... Sadly, none that they have come up with make any sense at all. 'No demand'... well, that's obviously wrong! Or the DGX, YPG and NP80v, not to mention the entire Clavinova line (after all, we are basically saying that no 'arranger player' really needs anything more than 61, aren't we?) would not exist.

'Yamaha MUST have done their market research'... By ONLY asking 61 users! No Yamaha poll has EVER asked me, and I would imagine almost ALL users of other companies' 76's. Anyway, that same 'market research' has led to the DGX's et al... 76 arrangers to anyone but a zealot.

'Yamaha lead the market'... except in 76 arrangers. Their own 76 arrangers are a poor substitute for a PSR, let alone a PA2Xpro or Audya (or even an E60).

Maybe you make a larger difference between an apologist and an excuser... They are closer than you want to admit, at least IMO...

Personally, I can see absolutely NO connection between the size of keyboard you play, and the capabilities that you need. That Yamaha, alone, have come up with the idea that, unless you play a 61, you have no NEED for the latest sounds, styles and OS simply shows how out of step they are with arranger players. At least ALL of them except 61 players.

All I'm looking for is ONE good reason why someone that WANTS to play a larger keyboard should be HAPPY (at least as happy as all those 61 Yamaha players!) that Yamaha don't make a GOOD one, as good as a 61.

And yes, OF COURSE I am only harping on this because I WOULD buy one. In a heartbeat. But not a T4. I want a 76 PSR, and will continue to suggest it until Yamaha regain their sanity! That's the only constructive thing I CAN do... I certainly can't make one And I HAVE contacted Yamaha directly.

I still believe it is corporate division protectionism, not any FACTUAL player needs, that dictate this decision from Yamaha. And corporate divisions get shuffled around ALL THE TIME... No reason why this can't happen to Yamaha. We just have to keep it in Yamaha's forebrain that not EVERYTHING is hunky dory with what they choose to do. Which, if you went off those that ARE happy playing a 61, would not get mentioned AT ALL if they could help it! I mean, just LISTEN to how hard these people, who honestly have no stake whatsoever in whether Yamaha made this or not, are trying to get those of us who DO want this to shut up!

Those very same people are happy as sandboys shooting down every OTHER arranger if it doesn't have everything THEY need, though...

I wonder if they ever see the hypocrisy of that..? Somehow, I doubt it...

#295878 - 10/16/10 10:49 PM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
And yes, OF COURSE I am only harping on this because I WOULD buy one.

Of course you'd buy one, and I hope they make one for you VERY soon.

You ain't getting any younger, and that beastly old G-70 will never get any lighter.

Let's hope there's a 76 note PSR in time for your nursing home debut.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-16-2010).]

#295879 - 10/17/10 02:02 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
Maybe you make a larger difference between an apologist and an excuser...

I do actually agree with you , all I am saying is that as far as I can see, all that has been done is state what the assumed Yamaha policy is.

Because even though he works for Yamaha indirectly, I believe Ian has no more idea of the inner policy decisions of Yamaha than any of the rest of us here at SZ.

So I am on your side, I would buy a 76 PSR at the drop of a hat.....IF it is ever made

Dennis

#295880 - 10/17/10 02:35 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by miden:
I do actually agree with you , all I am saying is that as far as I can see, all that has been done is state what the assumed Yamaha policy is.

Because even though he works for Yamaha indirectly, I believe Ian has no more idea of the inner policy decisions of Yamaha than any of the rest of us here at SZ.

I am hardly an apologist...just a messenger.

I inquired of my Yamaha people about the reason they aren't making 76 TOTL note arranger.

I posted the answer here on SZ.

Diki asked a Yamaha rep why they weren't making one, and he was given the same answer.

So far all he has posted here, are his own assumptions.

KingFrog asked a Yamaha rep the same question, and he received the same answer, and posted it here on SZ.

So, were we all told Yamaha's policy?

So far, it is all we have to go on, until someone has actual proof to the contrary.

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-17-2010).]

#295881 - 10/17/10 05:00 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
'That's the only constructive thing I CAN do... I certainly can't make one And I HAVE contacted Yamaha directly.'

No it isnt !!

You believe that you can propose a commercial reason for yamaha to make a true 76 arranger ? Then give them the numbers of additional tyros/psr buyers who would do so without eating into their eisting offerings or even if they did could make greater profit than they do now .

Garner all the support you can. You can start a petition right here and then on the yamaha, roland korg and ketron forums. You will meet some opposition ,sure as many of those individuals would never buy a yamaha no matter the number of keys and sure, many existing yamaha owners already love their 61 key instrument as you have already seen here and dont have the need or desire to buy a 76 key instrument. But dont let that stop you ! This seems like sucj=h an important issue to you i dont understand why you havent taken these steps already.

Stop theorising and get some hard numbers to support your argument and then maybe yamaha will listen. But if they say NO then you will have at least given it a genuine go and not just wasted thousands of words and time here talking to the WRONG people.

If you cant get say 200-500 interested people to even register that they wouild buy the product then dont be surprised if the answer is no. But give it ago. This is an itch that it would seem must be scratched for you and who knows, maybe many others.

#295882 - 10/17/10 06:29 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
'That's the only constructive thing I CAN do... I certainly can't make one And I HAVE contacted Yamaha directly.'

No it isnt !!

You believe that you can propose a commercial reason for yamaha to make a true 76 arranger ? Then give them the numbers of additional tyros/psr buyers who would do so without eating into their eisting offerings or even if they did could make greater profit than they do now .

This is an itch that it would seem must be scratched for you and who knows, maybe many others.

This went on in 2008?

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/018118.html

Did the next Tyros have 76 keys?

It was said that 50% of this forum wanted 76 keys...that would be how many?

Here is the poll...notice it is for ALL brands.

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/017269.html

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-17-2010).]

#295883 - 10/17/10 09:32 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
i hear you ian but that was just the synthzone. The numbers might start to get significant once all the other forums are polled and if there is a commercial argument (i have not heard it yet ) that can demonstrate that yamaha WOULD make more profit and not eat into th profit of its other products then someone woould really have to break it down for me why yamaha would not be persuaded. There is nothing sacred about 61 key keyboards. The only thing sacred to yamaha and any other business that wants to make it through the next 10 yeasr is PROFIT.

#295884 - 10/17/10 09:44 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
The only thing sacred to yamaha and any other business that wants to make it through the next 10 yeasr is PROFIT.

That is the bottom line, Spalding...profit.

There appears to be little interest on the Yamaha exclusive forums...those who want more keys generally do a dual manual (organ style) setup, with bass pedals.

Ian

#295885 - 10/17/10 10:01 AM Re: Would You Buy A Tyros 4 with 76 keys?.......
to the genesys Offline

Profit.
Exactly.
If Yamaha creates a product that gives more than the 61 key user needs (15 extra keys), but also gets the 76 users, more profit.

After all, more profit is what drove Yamaha to put an XLR in put and blue lights on the T4.

------------------
TTG

Page 12 of 34 < 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 33 34 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online