SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#295617 - 10/06/10 04:00 PM T4 2nd Impression
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
OK guys,

didn't realize there would be so much turmoil on one persons first impression.

So as I played it a litle more today, I noticed the Yamaha compressor settings and eq.

I turned off the compressor, and eq'd the with a little umph in mind. I added a bump in the 60hz range and boosted a bit in the midrange, then I gave a little more volume o the drums and percussion, and we have a pretty impressive sound.

The vocalizer section has been designed with performance in mind, like a very easy access system with instant preset recall, editing the vocalizer was a breeze and very asy to do on the fly while playing.

everything is editable, but has to be saved as a user style and can't be saved as a preset override.

I will try to post some examples tomorrow.

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#295618 - 10/06/10 04:13 PM Re: T4 2nd Impression
mc Offline

Loc: New York
I'm looking forward to trying the T4. I know that the voices will be great, since my previous s900 had wonderful sounds.

But I worry that the styles, since they may not fit into my genre (or at least the quality). When I hear styles like this I cringe, because that not the way it should sound like.

]http://music-tyros.com/tyros4/features/styles/latin.html [/URL]

There one thing that all keyboard companies failed to do is have a Cavaquinho (portuguese / brasilian guitar, similar to a ukulele, but tuned different) in any of their brasilian styles. It is the heart of any brasilian music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg9w0yKHjb0

If your going to make styles genre from different countries at least do it right!!

I not sure if they have updated their latin and ballroom, (tangos, valsa etc.)

Frank,

Will the T4 make me sell my Ketron??? How's the latin?

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 10-06-2010).]

#295619 - 10/06/10 04:19 PM Re: T4 2nd Impression
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
I'm looking forward to trying the T4. I know that the voices will be great, since my previous s900 had wonderful sounds.

But I worry that the styles, since they may not fit into my genre (or at least the quality). When I hear styles like this I cringe, because that not the way it should sound like.

]http://music-tyros.com/tyros4/features/styles/latin.html [/URL]

There one thing that all keyboard companies failed to do is have a Cavaquinho (portuguese / brasilian guitar, similar to a ukulele, but tuned different) in any of their brasilian styles. It is the heart of any brasilian music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg9w0yKHjb0

If your going to make styles genre from different countries at least do it right!!

I not sure if they have updated their latin and ballroom, (tangos, valsa etc.)

Frank,

Will the T4 make me sell my Ketron??? How's the latin?

[This message has been edited by mc (edited 10-06-2010).]

One of the major reasons I sold the PA2x and bought the Tyros was STYLES.....Yamaha has thousands of them available. People create and sell them. The style support is second to none. If one has an arranger it is all abut styles. Otherwise just buy a WS and make your own. The Styles ON the keyboards are just the begininng not the end. I don't want to waste time creating styles I might need for a 3 minute vacation video needing a Hoedown style. I want to find it now, load it, play it, wrap it up in an MP3, email it to the client and wait for the deposit to my PayPal account, sometimes all within a couple of hours. Along with creating BG tracks minus one for my gigging wife, That is how I use my Tyros. I Create low budget highly compressed finshed original sountracks for independant videographers and agencies who don't have or need a budget for a "recording session" and studio musicians. All royalty free and owned by them to use how they wish. I recently finsihed 6 hours worth of "familar yet not" music for a resturant who does not want to pay ASCAP and BMI or SESAC for BG music.

Last year Someone wanted a song that sounded "like" The Christmas Song without being the Christmas song for a video commercial. The Tyros is perfect for this kind of thing.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 10-06-2010).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#295620 - 10/06/10 04:24 PM Re: T4 2nd Impression
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
MC.

I also play allot of latin based music, and No, the t4 will not make you sell your ketron for latin styles.

This is a genre that Ketron owns, I hope someday it will be different but until then, the king of latin remains ketron

------------------
www.AudioworksCT.com

#295621 - 10/06/10 06:55 PM Re: T4 2nd Impression
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Kingfrog...
In ceating these original songs you do...do you just use standard song specific styles form wherever and adapt to them...or what..
Please explain more of what you do & how.

Thanks
Lee S.

#295622 - 10/06/10 07:20 PM Re: T4 2nd Impression
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Frank,

OK the harmonizer is easy to work but the real question is DOES it work or is it a toy like previous models?

Tom

Tom

#295623 - 10/06/10 07:26 PM Re: T4 2nd Impression
Beakybird Offline

The types of edits you did can also be saved as a registration. This way, you can keep the original style.

Beakybird

#295624 - 10/06/10 07:27 PM Re: T4 2nd Impression
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Cavanaugh:
Frank,

OK the harmonizer is easy to work but the real question is DOES it work or is it a toy like previous models?

Tom

Can we hear a demo of the VH2......
somebody PLEASE!!!!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online