SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#295571 - 10/06/10 08:48 AM Midi Bass pedals with Audya 4
Rusty 999 Offline

Loc: Ireland
Having a problem with my New Audya 4 module.
I cant seem to be able to trigger the minor notes properly ie the minor chord will play but the bass note is flat and out of tune with all the other voices?
I use the audya in a live gig situation by triggering the backing chords via a 13 note midi pedalboard and in that way I can stand on stage and play guitar etc. With my ketron X 4 I was always used my Roland PK 5 Midi Bass pedalboard and it worked perfectly with activating all minors--I simply plugged it in to the X4 [Midi In to keybrd] on the back.
And the same applied with my X1. The reason I changed to that pedal was because the solton midi pedalboard was constantly breaking .
By tapping 2 keys like a D and B simultaneously I could obtain a Bminor and similar with the other minor keys.
Having an extra pedal for minors is like going back to the MS3 in my opinion ?
I dont want to have to buy another switch /pedal and that would be very awkward for someone like me who stands up while performing.

Also , the roland PK 5 is already triggering the E Minor--by tapping the D and G simultaneously .
So why not the A minor i wonder?
And why is it always the Bass note thats out of tune with the chord?
Any help greatly appreciated
Rusty

#295572 - 10/06/10 02:01 PM Re: Midi Bass pedals with Audya 4
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Could it not be working due to the chord trigger style set in config? I know on other keyboards, you have to have Single Finger Chord triggering enabled to be able to do what you describe. If you have Fingered Mode enabled, you must play a triad to get a minor chord.

Hope that helps??????

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#295573 - 10/06/10 04:19 PM Re: Midi Bass pedals with Audya 4
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Good call Al,

I think the default on Audya 4 is EASY 1!

Don P

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online