SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#29540 - 02/02/03 08:26 AM Freemidi Patchlist - Sd1
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Over the past few months I’ve been buying and selling new keyboards looking for the right machine for my projects. I am going to make one more move though, and try the Sd1. I was just wondering if there is a Freemidi Patchlist for this board as I record on a G4 Mac and use DP3 which requires using Freemidi for all of your patch changes. Possibly someone from Ketron could help put this together as most all of the other leading keyboard companies do have this for there flagship keyboards and the Sd1 has been around for awhile now. I’m certain there are a lot of Sd1 owners that would find this a major plus when it comes to recording on a Mac. I also believe that today Mac is becoming more and more recognized as the platform of choice when it comes to recording midi and audio. (This is just my opinion) If anyone has any info on this please post it.

Thanks,
Lou

#29541 - 02/02/03 12:05 PM Re: Freemidi Patchlist - Sd1
don1324 Offline

Loc: Indian Harbour Beach, FL, USA
I also use a G4 and PB with DP3.2. No one at Ketron had an SD1 FreeMidi patchlist, ( very few use Macs) so I made one myself. It works fine.
I modified my old sequences for the SD1, using the patchlist and a template with corrected effects. I found the SD1 sounds, especially the live drums, were so superior, that I ended up rewriting most of them.
I save them as type O MIDI files and copy them directly to the SD1 HD using the KetronFT program. (Very fast and easy)
Playing them back on the SD1 didn't always give me what I wanted, specifically some patches, drums or volumes. I tweek them during "Play" and resave them. This puts the correct SysEx messages in rhe sequence, and they always play correctly. (It's faster than writing in the SysEx codes, and more accurate.)
If you'd like the patch list or have other questions, email me at don1324@mac.com. I don't want to bore our PC friends any more than I already have.
BTW, the SD1 is really fabulous for live gigs. I have the best sounding sequences, with all the lyrics right on the screen. The Styles and Registrations work great for the other songs. The built in Vocalist sounds as good as my old Digitech, and everything is in one keyboard. Turn around between songs is so fast that my Sax player can't change horns quick enough...
I can't wait for the new OS 4.0. It's supposed to have even better sounds, styles and features. That's like waiting for an upgrade to your Rolls Royce...
In summary, you can't go wrong with the SD1.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online