SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#295317 - 10/04/10 01:06 PM Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Christian_1 Offline

Hi,
OK, so I have now listened to the T4 demos and I am a little disappointed with the drums.
In some styles I think the drums are allmost drained by the other sounds and it doesn't give that live feeling.
I listened to some other demos and even the E80 from Roland sounds much more live to me.
I thought that Yamaha would have improved their drums and I also listned to audya and well, what can I say T4 is behind in the drums. Just my thoughts!

#295318 - 10/04/10 01:20 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That is a pretty much universal opinion (Ian excepted). I like Roland drums a lot, but Ketron's more.
Just about my only reasons for passing up the last few incarnations from Yamaha were the drums and vocal harmonizer. The Yamaha drums are fine for certain types of music, but for live, kicking R&R or Country, they fall short to my ears.
DonM

#295319 - 10/04/10 01:30 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
From the little that I've listened, I'd have to agree. But I think that is part of the Yamaha sound. Some people don't want loud up front drums. Perhaps, it's a good mix for background music but it sounds very bland to me. ¡no tiene sabor! (no flavor)

BTW, I wanted to thank the person that posted on the subject "how to make a Tyros sound more live"

I followed the instructions the best I could and my Tyros 2 sounds much better. I've been playing at the same fall festival for several years now that uses the same sound engineer- He thought I got a new keyboard, and I got the best audience response ever.

Unfortunatley I don't see an Audya in my future so I have to make the best with what I got. So I continue to remind myself, it's the player not the keyboard. Part of being a good keyboardist is knowing how to tweak the instrument to your taste.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#295320 - 10/04/10 02:26 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
leezone Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Christian_1:
Hi,
I thought that Yamaha would have improved their drums and I also listned to audya and well, what can I say T4 is behind in the drums. Just my thoughts!

and that is one BIG reason why i bought the AUDYA

#295321 - 10/04/10 02:54 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
I agree as well which is why I bought the XS8 and also use Superior Drummer to play back the Style drum MIDI information...Although some work OK. Depends on the music.
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#295322 - 10/04/10 02:55 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
kla4 Offline

Loc: NL
The T4 has an easy to use built-in drum mixer where it's easy to build your own kits / sound / effects. During the show both machines (T3 & T4) on stage and several comparision examples were shown. The 'hollow' or 'thin' sounding drums of T3 got much more body&details in T4.
The internet Youtube demos quality isn't sufficient to get a good impression. I was able to record some music directly from the T4 to HD ..... it sounds amazing!

I agree the Audya drums sound powerfull (perhaps TOO powerfull) but they show only a little variation per variation.

What drums a person likes is mostly a matter of taste.

#295323 - 10/04/10 03:00 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by kla4:

What drums a person likes is mostly a matter of taste.

Exactly!

#295324 - 10/04/10 03:09 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I too auditioned the Yamaha. I have had them in the past and were always reliable, and have many available styles. I, also, just prefer the Audya styles and upfront sound.

#295325 - 10/04/10 03:39 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie9:
I too auditioned the Yamaha. I have had them in the past and were always reliable, and have many available styles. I, also, just prefer the Audya styles and upfront sound.

Tyros, Audya, whatever, why can't you just lower the volume of the other sound parts of the style and turn up the drums/bass to acceptable levels? Doesn't the Tyros let you do that?

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#295326 - 10/04/10 05:47 PM Re: Tyros4 drums, disappointed!
Beakybird Offline

What interests me is not how the drum sits in a mix (that can be adjusted) but the quality of the sample.

The demo that highlights the brush drum kit sounds very authentic to my ears.

I like the T4 demos so far.

It would be interesting to hear comparisons of different top of the line keyboards with just drums soloing.

Beakybird

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online