SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#295294 - 10/04/10 06:12 AM Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Just curious..is there any additional music shows the rest of the year?
Like OKEY for example.

Lee S.

#295295 - 10/07/10 06:37 AM Re: Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
leeboy Offline

I'm very curious as to:
Is there any music events/shows/festivals comming up soon ANYWHERE??

Any event that Mfgs would typically announce new products?
Thanks,
Lee S.

#295296 - 10/07/10 12:21 PM Re: Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
Irishacts Offline

Loc: Ireland
Don't know, but for what it's worth most manufactures don't release new hardware at shows all the time.

They can release them any time they feel like. KORG have always done that for example. A lot actually.

Regards
James

#295297 - 10/07/10 12:35 PM Re: Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
In today's economy, and with the power of the internet to quickly and efficiently let everyone know of new product, trade shows are getting less and less important to be the showcase for new keyboards.

I doubt any company is willing to delay a product release for weeks if not months, JUST to be able to show it at a trade show, nowadays. In the past, maybe, but today, who can afford to do that?

#295298 - 10/07/10 07:45 PM Re: Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
leeboy Offline

OK...Thanks guys..
Lee S.

#295299 - 10/08/10 12:23 AM Re: Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Don’t confuse Trade Shows with Festivals, as they are totally different. (OKEY was a Festival)

Bill

#295300 - 10/08/10 06:14 AM Re: Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
leeboy Offline

Bill,
So what are you saying?
As to releases?

Lee S.

#295301 - 10/08/10 09:56 AM Re: Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi Lee S
A trade show is where manufactures show off their latest wares, (And have a sell, sell, sell attitude (Mainly to dealers) a Festival is a get together of the users that are interested in music, teach-ins, and general music knowledge in a confined range of instrument types, with dealers usually attending (Some with manufacture support) to give users a wide range of products to look at. (Usually including used instruments)
In addition you get evening concerts from various top artists, all in a nicely relaxed atmosphere. (Late night bar and jam sessions are also usually on site as well)
That manufactures choose to launch products at these events is just a bonus for the onsite guests. (Captive audience)

Bill

#295302 - 10/08/10 12:56 PM Re: Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
leeboy Offline

Bill,
OK I see now what your saying...Don't ever have either here in USA.
Well NAAM...if you count that. Only dealers can go to that.

Lee S.

#295303 - 10/08/10 01:04 PM Re: Is there any more shows in Europe soon?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
If there's a sizable gap between a product ready to ship, and even a festival, let alone a trade show (and most likely, a prototype or mock-up got showed there if the production model wasn't ready), I doubt any major manufacturer is going to hold off until the show...

As slowly as full production tends to ramp up (and brand new models getting basically drop-shipped to pre-order customers before they make it onto the showroom floor), even if the arranger has been out a few weeks or even a few months or so, it may STILL be the first time many of the Festival goers have seen the new keyboard.

The US may suffer from the lack of Festivals simply because of the sheer SCALE of it... If only ONE Festival was held in Europe, and it was in Austria, or maybe Italy, how many would attend from Norway, or Britain? But many countries do the same thing, and most don't have to travel TOO far for it. As low as interest is in arrangers in the States, I doubt that more than one could ever work, and that would be outside the range of probably 85% of all interested parties...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online