Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#295139 - 10/05/10 12:44 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
You have to, at some point, admit you are in the minority, Ian. I know it's YOUR preference, but it is definitely a minority viewpoint.

Minority or not, my preferences are just that...my preferences.

In regards to what I use gigging, or at home, I only have to please me.

That's why I don't bother criticizing your choice...it would be just as much a waste of time.

Ian

#295140 - 10/05/10 12:55 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quote:
Originally posted by ianmcnll:
That's why I don't bother criticizing your choice...

Give us a break, Ian... that's all you DO criticize!

I don't use a Yamaha, I don't stick to lightweight 61's, I don't primarily play in arranger mode. And apparently, it bugs the hell out of you. I don't worship Yamaha, I can find fault with my OWN arranger as much as I can with everything else...

I am the 'Anti-you'!

#295141 - 10/05/10 01:13 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
miden Offline

Loc: The World
Quote:
Originally posted by Bachus:

If Yamaha crammed T4 and Motif XF in one instrument with 76 keys it would be a no boner for me.

ROTFLMAO

#295142 - 10/05/10 01:13 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
miden Offline

Loc: The World
sorry Bachus, that just stitched me up!!!

All good m8

Dennis

#295143 - 10/05/10 01:19 PM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Give us a break, Ian... that's all you DO criticize!I don't use a Yamaha, I don't stick to lightweight 61's, I don't primarily play in arranger mode. And apparently, it bugs the hell out of you

No I don't. I'm not interested in what you play, other than it seems to work for you.

As I said, I am more of a traditionalist when it comes to playing piano, and it's much the same way with how I use arrangers.

You'll hear little criticism about Yamaha (and other) arrangers from me....my only criticism of your precious G-70 is it's portliness, and that really has nothing to do with it's arranger features, which are fine.

It appears that I'm far more capable of living with what we so generously get on today's arrangers than you (again, I'm the traditionalist)...it certainly goes a long way in giving me far more playing enjoyment. You are constantly bitching, and wanting more, while I'm usually praising and enjoying the arranger as it is today.

How you use an arranger is really of no concern to me (never has been...honestly!) although it seems more of a concern to you, hence all your explanations and excuses.

Have a nice day,

Ian

[This message has been edited by ianmcnll (edited 10-06-2010).]

#295144 - 10/06/10 09:39 AM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This entire diatribe only makes any sense whatsoever if you ignore EVERYBODY that plays a 76 arranger Ian...

"It appears that I'm far more capable of living with what we so generously get on today's arrangers than you (again, I'm the traditionalist)...it certainly goes a long way in giving me far more playing enjoyment." is a slap in the face for everybody that plays ANY 76 here (including DGX and NP-80v users), and simply shows your arrogance towards anyone that dares to step outside your self-imposed box.

I am BY NO MEANS alone in my preferences, no matter how much you want to ignore the rest of the world.

#295145 - 10/06/10 09:52 AM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
I am BY NO MEANS alone in my preferences,

You are in a minority according to Yamaha's surveys.

As I said before; you can always buy elsewhere if you need a 76 note TOTL arranger...of course, you already have one that seems to be doing the job quite nicely, so why all the fuss?

Certainly you're not attempting to be the crusader for those few in need of a 76'er....very noble of you, but, as you say, they've probably already moved on.

Problem solved.

Ian

#295146 - 10/06/10 10:08 AM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
Thanks for checking...I bet anyone having the Stagea is keeping it.
Also, I;m wandering if Yamaha will have a newer Stagea sometime as I see the current one is 1994?

I'm looking into the arranger on top..MIDI controller on bottem again and add the 20 pedal unit...so Maybe I have moved on?

I could even build a cabinet for it...my neibor is a cabinet maker by trade.

Lee S.

#295147 - 10/06/10 10:19 AM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by leeboy:
Ian,
Thanks for checking...I bet anyone having the Stagea is keeping it.
Also, I;m wandering if Yamaha will have a newer Stagea sometime as I see the current one is 1994?

I'm looking into the arranger on top..MIDI controller on bottem again and add the 20 pedal unit...so Maybe I have moved on?

I could even build a cabinet for it...my neibor is a cabinet maker by trade.

Lee S.

I'll keep looking, Lee...you never know what may turn up.

There are some really cool double manual setups on YPKO...

An old Electone, or even a Hammond (not a B-3!) cabinet would make a great start...I'm sure there are older Electones that can be bought on the cheap.

I think your idea of using two manuals, one an arranger, is probably the best, considering style availability and such.

Ian

#295148 - 10/06/10 11:48 AM Re: Virgin 1 Organ
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Ian,
I'll do some resarch on YPKO and see what I can learn.
Thank,
Lee S.

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online