SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >
Topic Options
#295015 - 10/05/10 02:59 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
zuki Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Why do I need to look at the entire package if the core styles I need are not up to par. Korg also needs to look at the OOS, it wasn't easy to navagate through the pages. Former owner of many Korgs, current owner of Ketron.

Good enough - different strokes, as they say

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#295016 - 10/05/10 03:30 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by mc:
Why do I need to look at the entire package if the core styles I need are not up to par. Korg also needs to look at the OOS, it wasn't easy to navagate through the pages. Former owner of many Korgs, current owner of Ketron.

Personally I find the Korg styles the best there is and I like the Korg OS. Very simple to me. I am a former Yamaha player.

#295017 - 10/05/10 04:22 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by FransN:
Personally I find the Korg styles the best there is and I like the Korg OS. Very simple to me. I am a former Yamaha player.

Well like Zuki said, "Good enough - different strokes, as they say"

But I found over the years many arranger players from Netherlands, Germany, Poland and Eastern Europe were mostly into Rolands. I'm not sure if the ethnic styles were just avaliable for those countries or a brand that were mostly sold in stores.

#295018 - 10/05/10 06:00 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Some are not up to date as to the Korg...A lot less button pushing on the PA800/Pa2XPRO than the Yamaha...the Korg OS is superb...IF you take a little time to learn all the shortcut sequences...very quick to get around. Theres even a summary page you can tear out if you want to have it handy while learning the shortcuts.

How do you enter text on the Tyros? Button pushes up the gazoo...on the Korg you just key in the name on the keyboard.

I am on the Korg forum all the time...you would not beieve the posts sometimes...
People but a $3,000 keyboard which comes with an excellant set of manuals..and they don't even read/study them to see what's there!

The manuals are on line...it might be interesting for anyone that does not understand what I'm saying when I say it is a PRO keyboard..to actually take a little time...download the maunal and read through it...you will be amazed at the capabilities.

I find the styles great...and the tools you have to tweek them if you like are superior to others.

I bet few know that instead of being stuck with a few SA/SA2 voices (great sounds, I might add) that the mfg gives you...the Korg allows you to do your own DNC voices. I have done a couple...it's not realy that hard.

Anyways I sure find the OS easy to use and I had a T2 for 2 years so I used both.

The Songbook is tops..it stores vrtually everyhing in the entry.

From what Diki says on the G-70 it has a great OS as well with lots of editing tools, I hope I get to try one some day as well.

Lee S.

#295019 - 10/06/10 08:51 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
There are both positive and negative things in the Roland OS... I certainly feel that the editing tools are head and shoulders above any competition, but then again, there are some glaring omissions in certain other areas.

As, to be honest, I believe ALL arrangers have. Only fanboys refuse to discuss the con with the pro...

#295020 - 10/07/10 06:42 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Nedim Offline

Loc: Staten Island, NYC
Guys, get your teeth ready for Korg, i promise this time!

#295021 - 10/07/10 07:25 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Though I'm currently a Yamaha Arranger fan boy, I've been a long time (circa 80's/90's) Korg enthusiast (707/01WFD/T series) so especially anxious to see what the next generation Korg arrangers bring, especially the successor to the PA800. I just hope I'll be patient enough to wait long enough (Jan/Feb 2010?) till the new Korg arrangers actually appear before making the next arranger keyboard purchase decision.

Scott Yee Entertainment

#295022 - 10/07/10 07:33 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
I'm ready....
Lee S.

#295023 - 10/07/10 07:43 PM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
Dnj Offline

Is KORG gonna at least tease us again with just the BOX in the warerhouse like last time?

#295024 - 10/08/10 02:49 AM Re: I am very excited about the new Korg Arranger!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you?
to the genesys Offline

If you like sounds that you can make sound real and you like a keyboard that is innovative, you would not be disappointed with the new Korg arranger.

------------------
TTG

Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online